LAT: Too weak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAT: Too weak?

I am generally reluctant to make complaints about weapons, but LAT is just too darn weak!

I'm playing jabal as MEC. I grab light AT. I pop out my RPG-7, and what do you know! an enemy huey comes flying by! he slows down, and I take a shot.

It's a hit! I got him on the rear half, near the part where the body starts becoming a tail! That's gotta hurt, right?

he's smoking. He flies off. COME ON! I JUST SENT A ROCKET PROPELLED GRENADE INTO HIS CHOPPER, AND IT FLEW AWAY.

I think it might have taken out steering, but that's about it.

This, by the way, comes from someone whose favorite past-time in PR is running transport/supply runs in hueys.

Re: LAT: Too weak?

May I suggest posting this in the PR suggestion and feedback forums.

Comment

i think u ll find a humvee or bhawk/huey could take an rpg hit and continue for a time.
      Gerardnm

Comment

it generally tends to do les damage if your moving away or on the side, i find this on planes, ive tried shooting an a 10 in the air with an rpg on the training server and it just bounces of, but when its stopped its an instant kill.

Comment

next time try firing the rpg at the pont where the rotors meet the body that is where the engiene is
          I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Fire it through the side into the cockpit :D

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

i find the LAT to be godly

useful things.

Comment

Unless you hit the front end all you'll do is some major damage to the chopper and probably kill the passengers, if any, but the chopper could make it home.

Comment

Yeah, the LAT is definitely underpowered. A good shot could disable even an MBT realistically (although it's not an easy shot at all). It's also stupid how it can't kill a humvee thats just rolling past sometimes. I've never killed one that was near me with a LAT but at a long distance (200+ M) I've been able to kill them. I'm wondering if it's just my bad luck or is there something wrong with them :\

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                  In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

it will track a APC with one shot most of the time. Its strong enough
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I think ts realistic...
                      |TG|
                      ||||

Comment

Originally posted by =Sonic_Striker= View Post
                        I think ts realistic...
                        Part of the problem, IMO, is that the helos can take a hit to the tail rotor without it being fatal. IRL, i believe, any chopper that has a tail rotor and loses it would have no choice but to autorotate down to a very rough landing.

As it stands, all they lose is tail rotor steering.

I agree that LAT IS useful, I've taken out APCs with it. it's just not as powerful as I personally feel it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sonic_Striker= View Post
                          I think ts realistic...
                          NO NO NO, give me an AT4 and ill take out an APC anyday of the week, they penetrate 450mm of steel armor and that much more than what a Warrior/BPM, wich is the most heavely armored APC in game. A good shot to the back of a tank can also kill that in most cases.

But i think its fine as it is otherwise they would be too overpowered and i have taken down a huey with a rpg7.
                          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT4
                            Penetration: 400 mm of rolled homogeneous armour (RHA is is a theoretical basic type of steel plate, used as a baseline to compare the effectiveness of military vehicle armour.)

This armour is from old WW2 Tanks, modern tanks use Composite armour, which is much more resistant to At4 rounds, so I think it would be hard to take down a tank with an At4, but not impossible

Comment

I think the LAT is perfectly balanced against armor, however I do agree that a single hit to a helo should be enough for it to lose power or become nearly unflyable.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed