US Army Update Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Army Update Part 1

Over the past few months we have been giving out small hints of the US Army coming to Project Reality but we have been keeping the details under wraps. Today we have the first part of a large update for Project Reality's US Army. That's right its official, the US Army is coming with the Project Reality v0.8 release!

In the past we have been doing a little bit of "mix and match" with the US assets in Project Reality, mixing US Army and USMC scenarios and weapons. For PR v0.8 there will be an official split, with the US Army using their own unique weapons and vehicles.

We are starting this update with the much awaited M4 Carbine, which is the standard issue rifle of the US Army. Newly added developer [R-DEV]Chuc has recently completed all variants. [R-DEV]Chuc has also been really cracking out loads of other excellent skins as well which we know you will all love (look for dev journal entries on this coming soon). The model and import for the M4 was done by [R-DEV]Katarn who also did the M16A4 models and imports. The texture was a joint effort between Millenia, [R-DEV]Vaiski, [R-DEV]Qwerty and [R-DEV]Chuc.

In all these screens you will probably have noticed the new Digital ACU Camo on the solider model, which is the standard combat uniform of the US Army. These skins were done by [R-CON]Spush. They blend quite well into the terrain and surroundings at a distance! [R-CON]Spush has done work on several other soldier skins included that have already been included into PR v0.75. He's currently touching up Militia uniforms and updating US vehicle skins.

Next up is one of the US Army's APCs (Armored Personel Carrier), The M1126 Stryker. The Stryker is an eight-wheeled, all-wheel-drive, all terrain vehicle which is used by light and mobile mechanized infantry units of the US Army. The Stryker is equipped with an RWS which means the 50cal gunner can sit inside the safety of the Stryker's armor while using the 50.cal MG. The Stryker's model and skin was done by retardedmonkey. The Import has been done by [R-DEV]Stinger. The vehicle coding is currently being done by [R-DEV]Jaymz.

With the help of USI we have finally replaced the infamous vBF2 "beach party" open back HMMWV with a much more appropriate battle-ready model. Although its not as well equipped as current day HMMWV's as seen in Iraq, it provides more protection and is more authentic than the stock BF2 hummer. This updated HMMWV will be used by both the USMC and the US Army. The model, import and coding was done by jarleif and textures done by petemonster from the USI mod. We may add an even more realistic, heavily protected HMMWV model in a future update.

We hope you enjoyed the first part of the US Army update, keep an eye on the Project Reality Website & Forums for the next part and also other information on upcoming changes for PR v0.8!

- The Project Reality Team

Re: US Army Update Part 1

Nooooooooooooooo! My Beach Party HMMWV! Why PR Devs....why?! :(

Nice update though.

Comment

I wonder whether the Humve will still carry 6 guys, and whether they can shoot out of the windows.
      Probably not the shooting thing, but maybe

Anyway those look really nice, i especially love the uniforms!
      Cry Wolf
      |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

nice! will we see the grenade launcher version of the stryker?

Comment

Who knows ;) (I don't :p)

Comment

Cool, great to see a new faction in the works! (one that is actually important). Perhaps the stryker will be used as an APC because it only has a 50 cal. as opposed to it being used as a mini tank.

EDIT: also, am I to assume there will be a part 2 to this update?
            Last edited by Googol; 06-08-2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I'm the SL in the second Stryker pic. :p

BTW, Rhino.. I'm not in the US ARMY. I just drilled myself for years in Americas Army, the game. Thats why I know SOP's...

(These fools had no idea how the army frags and clears a building!)
              Skud

Comment

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing Bosco! Can't wait for .8!!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Yeah. Thanks for that Bosco :)

I guess we can't change the British forces accent. Being a brit myself I'd rather Simpsons' Doom 3 mod sound effects. At least it's more realistic :P

All jesting away, I gotta say you guys are doing a brilliant job! Thanks for an amazing game; I would hope you get a recognition beyond Mod status.

Comment

Are there plans for the M24?

Comment

As it's the standard US Army sniper rifle, I think you can figure... ;)

Comment

I think the us army camo looks very different. Nice detailed stryker model though how well a crows 50 cal works out will be interesting to see, depends on the scope I guess. It gives out kits and ammo cache as well I presume

Also I wonder how well it climbs hills with those 8 wheels, hopefully the bf2 engine can be beaten into submission & actually give it some torque

I noticed a closed back humvee on road to K recently, I guess thats stock. Will this humvee be modified with any other weapons like that old AA humvee, that was cool :D

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]bosco View Post
                          As it's the standard US Army sniper rifle, I think you can figure... ;)
                          What's that rifle pictured above? The Marksman's kit?

I also like the Beach Party humvees, but I guess it would be nice to not get shot out of the back. :icon14:
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                            What's that rifle pictured above? The Marksman's kit?
                            Yes, the M14.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed