Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Roots: Tactical Mod Night!

TG Roots: Tactical Mod Night!
    brought to you by the 6th Devils Brigade.

What is TacMod?
    TacMod was an all-TG modification (by SgtDuke) in an effort to enhance teamwork, increase the need for tactics and improve the TG ethos to Battlefield 2. TacMod edits the existing BF2 gameplay with updated kits, weapon damages, and most of all some of the most memorable BF2 community made maps of all time.

Features
    TacMod FAQ

What happened to TacMod?
    TacMod continued to grow in popularity at TG until SgtDuke made some real life changes and moved across the world. The timing coincided with the increased popularity of Project Reality. Eventually the BF2 TG'ers moved onto (Project Reality). Project Reality overtook both TacMod and Vanilla here at TG. TG stopped supporting TacMod around .4 and by early 2007 (With the release of PR .5) TG had completely switched to Project Reality. Ever wonder where old-school PR maps such as Operation Compton,
    Inishail Forest, Greasy Mullet, Pheonix, and Steel Thunder came from? TacMod, baby.

While TacMod did not outlive other mods here at TG, it's modification and features eventually found a home in Project Reality.
    Many of TG's most veteran PR players found their roots with Vanilla BF2 and TG's infamous TacMod.

When?
    Monday June 16th, 2008.
    19:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.
    Don't know what time this will be for you? Time and Date

Where?
    TacticalGamer.com's Private BF2 Server
    IP: 70.84.146.202

Maps:
    • Checkpoint Abadan
    • Steel Thunder
    • Maszarqi Siege
    • Jibbel City
    • Inishail Forest
    • Port Fear
    • Operation Frog
    • Operation Compton
    • Operation Greasy Mullet
    • Operation Phoenix
    • Classic BF2 Vanilla Maps

What you need to play!:
    • A working copy of Battlefield 2.

Many PR Veterans claim heritage to Tactical Gamer's in-house BF2 modification TacMod. So come join the 6th Devils Brigade on June 16th for some BF2 nostalgia.

Cheers,
    The 6th Devils Brigade.
    Skud

Re: TG Roots: Tactical Mod Night!

i am in!
    [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

kind of sucks for us guys in europe, thats pretty late for us. oh well never mind

Comment

It's a friday night, and school is over...right?

Stay up past your bedtime young man.
        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
          It's a friday night, and school is over...right?

Stay up past your bedtime young man.
          I see the post was edited, thanks for putting it on a monday night, great way to make the week go by much easier (especially since things for me will be hectic that week, my brothers b-day on wed, and then i am giving a best man toast that saturday for my brother after he walks off the plank.)
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Oh crap, yeah forgot. Monday the 16th is a monday, not a friday :p
            Skud

Comment

This SgtDUKE guys sure sounds like a Michelangelo dreaming up stuff way ahead of his time!

I'd like to hear what he thinks about PR now after playing a few rounds...
              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I think he still lurks here. I know where to find him though.

*Cough Cough FocusedGaming's TF2 Server Cough Cough*

I may be wrong.

I'm probably right.
                Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                  Oh crap, yeah forgot. Monday the 16th is a monday, not a friday :p

Don't worry Skudly. Young Warriors seldom go to bed when they should. At least, that's how it was in my time. But that's soooooo long ago, I might be wrong.:row__536:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                    Don't worry Skudly. Young Warriors seldom go to bed when they should. At least, that's how it was in my time. But that's soooooo long ago, I might be wrong.:row__536:

DB
                    Quite True, but for me and a couple of others school is still on (UK) and i think this starts at 1:30am GMT. But if it is ever repeated in the holidays i would love to takepart, sound like a good mod and i recognise a few of the maps too.

Comment

I remember Inishail forest from the old days of PR. I thought it was a great map. I may just participate.

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                        This SgtDUKE guys sure sounds like a Michelangelo dreaming up stuff way ahead of his time!

I'd like to hear what he thinks about PR now after playing a few rounds...
                        Nah, it wasn't like that. Back when we were doing Tac Mod we talked quite a bit with the PR team and the projects mutually benefited each other. We used some of the cool ideas they had and vice versa.

I played PR a few months ago and was extremely impressed with the mod. It's like a whole other game. I thought the incredible size of some of the maps and the required style of gameplay was really great. In many ways, though not all, the gameplay is very much like what we were striving for in Tac Mod. But the PR team has really taken it all to another level, well beyond what I thought was even possible with the BF2 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtDuke View Post
                          Nah, it wasn't like that. Back when we were doing Tac Mod we talked quite a bit with the PR team and the projects mutually benefited each other. We used some of the cool ideas they had and vice versa.

I played PR a few months ago and was extremely impressed with the mod. It's like a whole other game. I thought the incredible size of some of the maps and the required style of gameplay was really great. In many ways, though not all, the gameplay is very much like what we were striving for in Tac Mod. But the PR team has really taken it all to another level, well beyond what I thought was even possible with the BF2 engine.
                          Thanks for stopping in. If we do a repeat of this event I'll make it more OTHER SIDE OF WORLD friendly and drop you a line.

I know where to find you ;)
                          Skud

Comment

Downloaded - installed - ready

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Damn these American hours!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse