Putting RP across the map boundaries/Blowing up airstrip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting RP across the map boundaries/Blowing up airstrip

I've seen a couple of times rally points being placed outside of the map boundary. I guess that would make it hard for the enemy to find and destroy the RP as it is unexpected and you need to be quick to get back in time.

Personally I find this a bit too much bending of the rules and certainly not in the spirit of the game. The timer that starts counting when you cross the boundary. The timer is only there to have an open boundary and without needing the player to be killed instantly when crossing it. In vanilla BF2 it is't even be a problem as there is no such thing as a RP.

Is this an acceptable tactic/exploit? What is the rule of TG about this?

Second question is one I got when playing Quinling. Someone asked wether the enemy airstrip was allowed to be blown up (he said it was possible in that map) when the main base was uncaptureable. So, is it?

Cheers,
    Fishbone

Re: Putting RP across the map boundaries/Blowing up airstrip

These topics have been covered before in prior threads.

RP out of bounds: fine
    RP in trees (stacked): no, not cool and a punishable offense

Strafing runway: fine and valid tactic to deny enemy use of the air, as long as you are not attacking enemy personnel or vehicles intentionally

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

This topic has been discussed numerous times. I think that the final verdict was that you are allowed to place RPs out of bounds as long as it is visible from the boundary, or something like that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Yes, you can blow up the enemy's runway, but you may not kill anyone on it. Also, i dont know about the putting rally's out of bounds-- i've seen several people do it, but i dont think it is against the rules. I do agree that it isn't really a 'valid' tactic, considering its near impossible to kill it without expending a few clips on it.
        edit: everyone else beat me to it :D

Comment

First bit I don't know anything about, but from what I've read, the airstrip is an asset, correct? So shouldn't it be allowed to be blown up like UAV, SatScan, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
            RP in trees (stacked): no, not cool and a punishable offense
            By (stacked) does that mean it shouldn't be placed on buildings that are accessible with a ladder? Sorry for the stupid question, but what does "stacked" necessarily mean?
            sigpic
            I'm Back.

Comment

"Out of bounds", those were the right words for searching.. there is indeed a "out-bounds-rallies" thread, but can't link to it.

Ok, thanks for the answers.

Comment

Stacked means that in maps with trees, a big culprit is Operation ghost train, you toss rallies into the trees themselves (Some how) where they are up in the tree and unknifeable, but peeps can spawn just fine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X