Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noticed a possible RP exploit, wondering if "legal" or not...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticed a possible RP exploit, wondering if "legal" or not...

Recently me and a few other guys noticed that there was a rally point set up underwater.
    This made it safe from bullets and knives. The only way we were able to eliminate it was by tossing C4 in and blowing it up.

I've noticed this happen quite a few times on various maps, but never really thought much of it until now.

Is this a valid tactic, or an exploit?

Re: Noticed a possible RP exploit, wondering if "legal" or not...

from what i have seen if the rally is completly under water it will be automaticly blown up by the game
    I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

That wasn't the case today Mnam

Comment

It is perfectly valid.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I've seen that before. And fyi you can shoot it.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Re: Noticed a possible RP exploit, wondering if &quot;legal&quot; or not...

Yea or you can throw a couple of grenades from a distance or close range and take it out that way. =)

Comment

also, RP's automatically disappear if placed out of bounds, correct?

edit: nvm, they don't
              Last edited by Mix0lydian; 06-08-2008, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporal_Cody View Post
                Recently me and a few other guys noticed that there was a rally point set up underwater.
                This made it safe from bullets and knives. The only way we were able to eliminate it was by tossing C4 in and blowing it up.

I've noticed this happen quite a few times on various maps, but never really thought much of it until now.

Is this a valid tactic, or an exploit?
                By the way Cody it was my RP your talking about. I was wondering why it took you so long to get rid of it. I was thinking to myself man these guys must be really out of it to not see that RP. Then I saw your report of a possible exploit in game and said to myself "Oh, it's Cody, figures." :)

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Mvk3hL View Post
                  Yea or you can throw a couple of grenades from a distance or close range and take it out that way. =)
                  Yea splash damage wins :)

Ive heard that when swimming across a river the body part underwater cant be shot which matches up with the trouble Ive had shooting people plainly in the open 10 feet away from me. Lag and netcode do the rest

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I gotta say Masterjack, I was there on East Beach and it took alot of us to get your squad down (two full squads and some?). So kudos to your squad.

Comment

Next time you find an exploit guys it might be a good idea to keep it confined to PM's, I know this one is a bit obvious but it's still better not to give people any ideas.

Saying that, yeah it's perfectly legal, I've had problems spawning on rallies placed in the water in the past, so there's that to deal with as well.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

IIRC, if the entire hitbox of the RP is underwater (the hitbox is larger than the RP), it becomes unspawnable. But if even the slightest part of the hitbox is clear of the surface, it's a working RP.

And yes, OOB RP's still work perfectly fine. Try playing OGT and NOT seeing one put out of bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          And yes, OOB RP's still work perfectly fine. Try playing OGT and NOT seeing one put out of bounds.
                          OOB Rallies are for squares. I still always set mine in the big bomb craters at North and South Bridge.

| |

Comment

I have a rally exploit for you. Placing a rally next to a high wall causes the hitbox to extend into the wall. This means that every time you spawn you have a chance of being placed high up the wall and sliding to a grisly and rather embarassing demise. Found that one on Jabal, but I've seen it on Ejod too, always happens when I'm squad leading for some reason!
                            | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                            Charge for the guns' he said:
                            Into the valley of Death
                              Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I never saw the point of putting rally points out of bounds. Half the time you ended up having to sprint to it to get your kit or sprint to not get punished.

You're resident FireFighter/EMT TonkaTruck <3

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X