Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somethings were getting a little out of hand today....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somethings were getting a little out of hand today....

Hello All!!!

I have been playing on the server for at least 3-4 months now. I am sure some of you guys have played with me before. I come to you guys with the question about HAT Sniping.

Today, I was experiencing the abuse of the HAT kit excessively today. Since I have been playing PR longer than I have been on this server, this is nothing new. But when I began playing on your server and then also seeing the gentleman's agreement, I believed that the problem would be less prominent.

Today, on Fool's Road I counted being HAT sniped 7 times. Three of those times the guy was less than 20 meters away from me. Seeing as I was alone, I found it more annoying to get HAT sniped from that distance than I would getting a knife in the back. Later, on Al Kufrah, it was no different. Getting HAT sniped from a long distance is fine with me, but once it becomes similar to how the grenade launcher/AT was used in Vanilla BF2, its getting out of hand.

Am I just unlucky, or has anyone else noticed this trend lately?
    Created by Sonic

Re: Somethings were getting a little out of hand today....

There have been countless HAT sniping threads. Yes, it happens and is possibly the most annoying thing ever. It even occurs on PW night. Heck, Ill sometimes use HAT on infantry in a seeder map for fun. My advice is to kill th HAT sniper and take his kit. I don't think there is any solution and the topic has been beaten to death.
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

Our current policy is that there are no rules governing what H-AT is used on. However, if you spam (spam, meaning fire rocket after rocket after rocket in rapid succession) your H-ATs, then you may have action taken against you.

That's the end of it. This topic is like a dead horse. No one wants to ride it.

| |

Comment

some people like riding dead horses

Comment

There a lot easier to ride than live ones, thats for sure.
          Created by Sonic

Comment

There are players that openly abuse the hell out of it.

Just don't associate with them. If they can't act maturely than dont let them in your squads or anywhere near you.
            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
              There are players that openly abuse the hell out of it.

Just don't associate with them. If they can't act maturely than dont let them in your squads or anywhere near you.
              Let the quarantine begin! Oorah!

| |

Comment

Also HAT is often confused with LAT and even grenades, Ive done that myself

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Curently there is no stopping a player from shooting HAT at Infiantry. Like it or not good or bad that is the way the rule is.

Please refer to my sig for the offical TG rules and SOP's for more info regarding TG's stand on this matter.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Yeh, personally still think that it should be against the rules unless used on something like a sniper or bunker posistion.. Isn't too hard to try and ask other team to specificlly find who's using it.. If the squad with hat sniper in it doesnt say usually someone else on the team will.. All you've got to do is click on the person on the minimap (when you press caps) then their name will be highlighted in the squad they're in,
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                      Yeh, personally still think that it should be against the rules unless used on something like a sniper or bunker posistion.. Isn't too hard to try and ask other team to specificlly find who's using it.. If the squad with hat sniper in it doesnt say usually someone else on the team will.. All you've got to do is click on the person on the minimap (when you press caps) then their name will be highlighted in the squad they're in,
                      What's the point? It's not - NOT - against the rules.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                        What's the point? It's not - NOT - against the rules.
                        is that a double negative? i mean...its not, not a double negative....right?
                        :P

Comment

Cougar says it. At this current moment, like it or not, it's not against the rules to HAT snipe.

However, the primary codex is to 'play realistically' and gentlemanly.

The problem is the Admins have said it is vitually un-administrable.

Firstly, they have regular lives.

Then there is the 'use of reporting', that can be.. somewhat over used when tempers flair.

I couldn't imagine being an Admin having to trall through battlerecorder to ensure the correct application was done on an 'alleged offence'.

If you find it is a problem with the primary codex being abused and the weapons used as 'somewhat un-realistic', I would say to an Admin, just to see if they could check it out.

I agree some maintainance on mature conduct be adhered to by the public and Admins at large. My guess is actually something more closely related to tiredness on many's parts. However, I know Admins want to keep the server in good order, so a thoughtful question instead of an unthought accusation, in order to help the.. overload that Admins do in their spare time to help others, could be useful.

This is not a comment to the thread starter who has acted in accordance with the above, I think he has a valid point.

Comment

can we close this thread?

Comment

Closing it wont make the issue go away, moreover, it will show a disregard for someone new, who is also asking a valid and pertinent question.

ChapKid, you can also sign Skuds' 'gentlemans' agrement'. Alternatively you can do as others do and not sign it with the view you don't abuse anyway, or find the wording a bit uncomfortable, if this grabs you.

I would use your head as to when to suggest 'it's bad stuff' on the HAT or any other matter, bearing in mind all the above and taking a balanced view. Also do as Skud suggests and read the info around the subject. A good codex for me is WhiskeySix's post in the main PR forum. Finally, it's about community and not ego, so that's a good starting spot when thinking what to do or how to look at it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X