Gonna be gone for a week or two...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna be gone for a week or two...

Installed a new mobo and processor, and now my computer wont boot... so I'm in a bit of a bind.
    Anyways, just posting this up incase anyone wonders where I went.

~Cody

Re: Gonna be gone for a week or two...

Originally posted by Corporal_Cody View Post
    Installed a new mobo and processor, and now my computer wont boot... so I'm in a bit of a bind.
    Anyways, just posting this up incase anyone wonders where I went.

~Cody
    Did you re-install or just try to boot off the same HD ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Well, I installed a processor different from my old one (from a Pentium 4 to a Core duo), and i keep getting an error message.

No, I havent reinstalled anything, tried to reinstall XP but there were "no harddrives found" for me to install onto, which is weird, because they are all plugged in.

Comment

you missed the epic film Cody. I know where you live...
        |TG|
        ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Corporal_Cody View Post
          Well, I installed a processor different from my old one (from a Pentium 4 to a Core duo), and i keep getting an error message.

No, I havent reinstalled anything, tried to reinstall XP but there were "no harddrives found" for me to install onto, which is weird, because they are all plugged in.
          Sata hard drive ?

Can you post your mobo info ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Yeah, sure....

I bought an Intel LGA 775 P35 ATX Intel Motherboard and an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 Dual-Core Processor.

When I tried to install the mobo, it was too large, so i went out and bought a new case, reinstalled all my drives and the such, and installed my mobo.

When I boot, it goes up to the windows loading screen (with the little scrolly bar at the bottom), and then i get an error saying
            "Stop 0x0000007B (0xBA4E3524) (0xc0000034,0x0000000,0x00000000)

Its a blue screen of death that pops up saying that.

Dont know the name of my old mobo, and ill i can tell you about the old processor is that it was a Pentium 4

Comment

If you want to install XP on a sata drive, you need to hit f6 and install the sata driver (must have come with your mobo). Or else, XP won't see your sata drive. If you bough an Intel mobo, it came with a CD and a floppy disk.

DB

| |

Comment

DB what are you talking about, i never had to do that and i think i have set up more than 15 comps with satadrives in, i usually just put in the xp cd and everything runs fine. I have heard of a guy doing this thou so give it a shot.

The only time i have experienced that i could not find the sata drive was because someone had gotten the great idea to ship the mobo with everything in the bios disabeled...
                If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Also, i belive only windows xp service pack 3 recognizes sata hard drives
                  PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
                    DB what are you talking about, i never had to do that and i think i have set up more than 15 comps with satadrives in
                    Well.... for me.... I had to do it because it was not booting!
                    Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Well, DB, Imma gonna try that in a bit and tell you how it works out.

Lets only hope for the best!

Comment

Right, It did come with a floppy that said "RAID" or something along those lines....
                        Not sure if its a floppy or not, my dad say it isnt, I think it is...

I dont have a floppy drive.
                        Is it possible to download the files onto a CD from my dads PC and then transfer them over to mine?

Comment

Well, it did come with a floppy that said "RAID" or something like that on it.
                          I dont have a floppy drive. Are you sure its a floppy?
                          If it is, would it be possible for me to take it to my dad and have him port it over to a CD on his comp?

Meanwhile, when do I hit F6?
                          Sounds like a stupid question, but I've been hitting F6 and nothings been happening.
                          =/

Comment

You might need to install a Floppy on the computer for the first install.

If I remember correctly, when I first assembled my computer, I spent 2-3 days trying to figure out why the hell it wasn't booting... I don't remember how I found but I connected a Floppy, booted, and I saw that I needed to install the sata driver!

I guess you have to press the F6 buttons right when the computer start.... somewhen near the memory check!
                            Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_the_bad View Post
                              Also, i belive only windows xp service pack 3 recognizes sata hard drives
                              Yep. And before SP3, F6 and load the driver, or no dice.

DB

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X