Moments of awesome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moments of awesome

In this topic we post our moments of awesome.

This just happened to me right after I posted this topic...

On Qwai river we had a squad of four d00ds, and we were winning. Had Local temple pretty much cracked down and had it neutralized, firebases and bunkers all over China-town/side. So, we went to one of the firebases (That we built, no less) and grabbed a humvee, with me driving (Scary thing to begin with) and took off toward the main.

Really hoped that it would be attackable by the time we got there.

Suffice to say, it wasn't. Local temple was still neutralized when I made the turn and drove right in, quickly leading to my squad leader and I yelling to not shoot a -soul- in there, and we'd be completely and totally legal.

So we did. And, just to make a note... Chinese didn't have any bunkers or anything up to spawn, so pretty much they were screwed to rallies and the main. Which is why there were a metric ton of Chinese d00ds in the main which I took great pains to not run over.

I drove into the helipad area and made to turn around to get the hell out of dodge, pulling back to look over to the -- I counted -- 11 Chinese all firing on us now. The .50 cal gunner kept going, "I could so kill all of these guys if I could fire!". When I managed to gun it again out, they actually had a LAT out and fired at us... not missing by much as I almost ran over the guy and drove out, which is actually what killed everyone cept me and the .50 cal as peeps shot them off the back. When we got out, ironically, the we could attack the main now. However, when I turned sharply (To avoid another humvee no less!) and planned to pull back in... I got a massive lag bit and then PB kicked me.

Oh well.

Re: Moments of awesome

The other night on Kashan 16, me and Slurm Cola were in a 2 man squad on the MEC team. We grabbed a couple of Vodniks and secured U.S. Outpost late in the round. Shot down a chopper or two, stopped a wave or two of attacking humvees and support trucks etc.

Then we had some of our infantry reinforce us, allowing us to return to a firebase in the mountians to rearm. We were down to one Vodnik with 1 box of ammo left. On the way back to U.S. Oupost, Disposable...who was commanding...voiced over to me that there were enemy infantry in a cluster of rocks to the northeast of the infantry squad defending the flag, and that we needed to sweep around and take them out. Well, we did...we came up and they had L-AT, and a support gun. We made one or two passes then progressed into making circles 150 to 250 meters out with the .50 blazing. For more than 5 minutes we did this. 19 kills or so later we finally took out their rally and the last person in the rocks....circling, dodging L-AT, making moves to get in close, etc. It was a rush....pretty amazing. And I didn't even fire a shot during this fiasco, I drove ;)

Comment

hitting the back of an apc with an AT-4 400+ meters away.
      Pure luck.

Comment

Quite a while back me and a friend were playing on kashan 32 and were driving around in a humvee when we came upon 4 tanks behind the crest of a hill. They all saw us and instantly opened up missing by inches each time except for one shot which hit the ground below us making the humvee start pouring black smoke. We got hurt up pretty bad to and were bleeding out slowly. Somehow we got behind the tanks to turn into the south village area and hide in a ditch to bandage ourselves up (my friend was a sniper and I was a medic). Once we got healed enough so we stopped bleeding an attack helo came up over the mountains to I guess check on the south village since it was capable but we were the only ones near it. Well, the helo spotted us and we got in to book it out of there. The cannon started firing and we somehow almost got away. Now I say almost because a missile landed right on the .50. Man, that really cracked us up on how long we lasted, I think the chopper was smoking too from the .50.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

The Nanjing Convoy on Qwai a while back definitely. And the million-tank convoy that will be shown in hologram at your local theatre sometime in the next millenium.
          (by million i mean 12, by hologram i mean video, by theatre i mean Vimeo and youtube, and by millenium I mean next few days)

Comment

Sorry, i'm always awesome.

Comment

Seeing someone shoot out the pilot of an a10 in kashan on .6 with the m95.

Comment

Al Kufrah. Fooling around in British Main as a full, mixed Euro-squad, all(?) using VOIP. Waited for a tank or two to spawn.. Yeah I know that sucks AND is not the right thing to do, so we rolled out south in 3 APCs (well one was a Scimitar or whatsit..) and just after I had said "with these three in formation we could take out anything!", we come across an enemy tank and APC.. high in spirits we spotted them, commanded firing upon them, and then everyone's words just overlapped and we entered a state of pure screaming over VOIP as we set them both on fire and destroyed them. It was the happiest moment of the week for several of us. Don't ask me why, you just had to be there :)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Supervisor84 View Post
                  Al Kufrah. Fooling around in British Main as a full, mixed Euro-squad, all(?) using VOIP. Waited for a tank or two to spawn.. Yeah I know that sucks AND is not the right thing to do, so we rolled out south in 3 APCs (well one was a Scimitar or whatsit..) and just after I had said "with these three in formation we could take out anything!", we come across an enemy tank and APC.. high in spirits we spotted them, commanded firing upon them, and then everyone's words just overlapped and we entered a state of pure screaming over VOIP as we set them both on fire and destroyed them. It was the happiest moment of the week for several of us. Don't ask me why, you just had to be there :)
                  I know what you mean, man, I know what you mean. When the VOIP becomes a loud constant screaming noise when you blow something up. Ahhh.

Comment

Destroyed a blackhawk on Kashan with C4 as it did a low strafing run...love that splash damage.

Also been lucky a couple of times with a tank shot against aircraft. Now that feels awesome!
                    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

A picture, with empathies, is worth a thousand words they say.

Oh. We got top squad for the US and our team won.

Comment

that's Ecko, Gunner, and I in the rice paddies =). But yeah, I recall you crewman rushing into gov. office from the eastern entrance and getting blown to hell. T'was a good starter round though.

Comment

Qinling, i was UK, hit a chinese AA in movement from a range of 400m with light AT, it kept driving towards my squad, at first i thought I didnt hit it, i saw smoke, it started burning and then boom! That was one hell of a shot! BTW: My LAT was the only weapon that hit the AAv.

pure skill.

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

I have two moments of awesome. First one happened today. I was the blackhawk pilot for the server and I had just dropped off a squad at their LZ and was heading back to base. I was about to round a hill when I heard the missile alert start ringing. I popped flares and dropped alt, twisting slightly. Suddenly the missile lock was lost and as I straightened out two AA missiles flew right past my cock pit. They had literally flow along the side of my BH towards the front and right past me.

The other was when I was a medic in a friendly scrim of 13thMEU vs SRR. We were on the 16 verison of Al Bashrah. We were in the northern part of the map, using hills as cover. The entire time you could hear Ak rounds flying past overhead and snaps of them hitting the ground. Every time I looked, there was puffs of dirt flying up. I kept hearing medic getting called over the radio and I was constantly moving between two squads, helping revive and heal the wounded. RPG rounds would fly towards every now and then, hitting the hills and the buildings we were hiding behind. I remember Squad 2 being blown apart and I revived the medic and dropped a bandage and yelled for him to help me revive these people. We did, but the amount of gunfire and RPG explosions forced me to fall back as my patients kept getting killed from splash. We eventually closed in on the insurgent outpost and destroyed the final cache, thus winning the game.

However, that was the coolest thing I've participated in. It really was like a war for those 25 minutes.

You're resident FireFighter/EMT TonkaTruck <3

Comment

Coming onto Kashan 16 as MEC, grab a Vodnik, then get AT4d by some random guy in the desert. Killed him with the G3 (and ping of 150), died then grabbed another one and since our team was capturing North Village I went down to US Outpost to check it out.

US already had defenses up, I saw riflemen running around and most likely a RP somewhere east as a few were running across the desert. I opened fire with the .50 and kept shooting not even checking the score for kills, even opened fire on a BH landing 500 m away until I ran out of ammo. By then a FB was built and two MEC squads came to support. I went and rearmed the ammo box and .50 ammo and went back one more time and scored another few kills.
                              But it wasn't over yet, another squad started coming down from the north and another from the east and a few Humvees. Luckily there was another 7-8 players defending with me and we had about 4 Vodniks there.
                              It was all over 5 minutes after their counter attack as the Vodniks took out their RPs and you could see tons of dead bodies in the desert from US getting killed repeatedly.
                              Ended up 35-1.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X