General Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Problem

This is some of the things I think are big problems with the general TG-player (not just pub also regulars). If the commander or squad leader tells you to move somewhere it usually takes people way to long to get their ass in gear and get moving. If the enemy is not firering at you then you dont really have anything better to do than get your ass in gear and do as you are told...

An example of this is was the other day when my squad were capping north village on kashan 16. I asked the commander to send some troops up to help us, and he asked everyone to move there. before they had gotten their asses in gear my squad was being pounded by 3 enemy squads, and ofcourse we lost the north village. if all the squadleaders had worked a little harder and gotten there 5 min earlier we wouldnt have been overrun.
    Also I generally think people in the squads take too long to do as the squadleader is ordering them to, for example get in the truck we dont need to be here anymore, then a couple of people might (if im lucky) start moving towards the truck but the most of them just stay where they are (and no they are not afk).

The next point is. People dont defend, I know most people dont like defending but it still needs to be done. so when you cap a flag generally you should stay there if the commander doesnt tell you otherwise. Its my oppinion and you are allowed to disagree but that way the squads holding the last flag that needed defending can start moving out to attack the next flag in line and be there faster then. This also ensures that if that amount of friendlies could take the flag they can probably also hold it so the necesarry defence is already there, they got rallies and are fully operational instead of another squad need to move up to the area and then get settled in that location.

The last one is more a quote of my old platoon leader to our platoon medic "you are a soldier first a medic second". The reason for this is that if you first kill the enemy its easier to do your job, and always put your own safety above reviving another teammate. I too often see a medic run out in the middel of a firefight to revive a friendly just to get killed in the process (yes I also do that myself).

Now all of these I have seen regulars on the server do and I find it frustrating and sorry for my rant but I need to get it out of my system
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Re: General Problem

yep I squad lead occaisionally and it happens, and its frusterating as hell. Thats why I don't command. Maybe two squads listen while the others don't. Even a member of an IHS didn't listen once. I don't care if my guys wander like 50 m from the group to check things out. But, when you grap sniper kit after I've told the squad no spec ops or snipers... we've got a problem. Even regulars do it. But I don't get too angry about it.
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
      This is some of the things I think are big problems with the general TG-player (not just pub also regulars). If the commander or squad leader tells you to move somewhere it usually takes people way to long to get their ass in gear and get moving. If the enemy is not firering at you then you dont really have anything better to do than get your ass in gear and do as you are told...

An example of this is was the other day when my squad were capping north village on kashan 16. I asked the commander to send some troops up to help us, and he asked everyone to move there. before they had gotten their asses in gear my squad was being pounded by 3 enemy squads, and ofcourse we lost the north village. if all the squadleaders had worked a little harder and gotten there 5 min earlier we wouldnt have been overrun.
      Also I generally think people in the squads take too long to do as the squadleader is ordering them to, for example get in the truck we dont need to be here anymore, then a couple of people might (if im lucky) start moving towards the truck but the most of them just stay where they are (and no they are not afk).

The next point is. People dont defend, I know most people dont like defending but it still needs to be done. so when you cap a flag generally you should stay there if the commander doesnt tell you otherwise. Its my oppinion and you are allowed to disagree but that way the squads holding the last flag that needed defending can start moving out to attack the next flag in line and be there faster then. This also ensures that if that amount of friendlies could take the flag they can probably also hold it so the necesarry defence is already there, they got rallies and are fully operational instead of another squad need to move up to the area and then get settled in that location.

The last one is more a quote of my old platoon leader to our platoon medic "you are a soldier first a medic second". The reason for this is that if you first kill the enemy its easier to do your job, and always put your own safety above reviving another teammate. I too often see a medic run out in the middel of a firefight to revive a friendly just to get killed in the process (yes I also do that myself).

Now all of these I have seen regulars on the server do and I find it frustrating and sorry for my rant but I need to get it out of my system

YAWN
      - next please

kat, there is a very easy way to help solve this problem !report player for infraction/PM admin, and call them out on their wrong doing.

if you do the above, you will get your point across very quickly, and if you do it in global all will see that there is someone who thinks that they are a one man team who can take on the entire opposing team.

Sonic, i would tone down a bit, because if i recall, you like to land little birds on humvees on qwai, even when told not to. So its bad if a IHS member doesn't follow your SL rules but not as bad is a regular tg player?

PM admins, take SS and report players........its very simple and I think there would be a lot less of these threads (along with the i've been banned bc the server is full and i don't understand why i can't get on the server even though i am not a supporting member) if players who PM admins, read SOP's, and CALL PEOPLE OUT ON THE SERVER, there is no faster way to embarrass someone for their lack of maturity and teamplay by putting !report player in global chat for all to see.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

well to be honest I dont think i can report a player for being slow, and if i can i think its stupid. The problem is that when everything goes at a steady pase things are fine, when something happens that alters whats going on then i generally think people are too slow to react, probebly because they either dont look at there map enough (when out of combat I spend about 10% time looking at the map to see what the team is doing and what my squadmembers are doing) this does that i know when a flag is about to be capped or if i need to fall back and help defend a flag, that means I have to move my squad quickly to either help defend or see if i cant get to the next flag before the enemy, so i need speed and most people dont get that.
        If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

I suck at attacking, so I'm almost ALWAYS defending. Just a heads up.

I only take orders that are relevant. I dislike many commanders - because even when looking at a map they can't make up their damn minds.
          Skud

Comment

Katanama, you are just getting better at the game and know what probably could make your team win while others are still a bit new to the game. I know it can be frustrating but you should just try to be patient about it and the newer players. Try to team up with regulars and just have fun and mix your squad with a little of both. Try to educate the newer ones, if all else failes kick them.

The outcome of a game is hard to control, unless it's a scrim which in general is more organised with players that know what to do like yourself. But then the other team is equally organised and it comes down to experience, twitch and tactics. :)

And remember, it's a game. :)

Comment

Kat, i couldnt agree more with every point you said, it seems if you get on TG during GMT afternoon hours, your likely to be in a very not good squad, Most SL's dont know what they are doing. they have no rally, Their squad is all over the map and worst of all the squad leader has a sniper kit.

The way i deal with something like that, is to just get on with what my squad is meant to be doing. And if some one in my squad is just being generaly slow and stupid for no good reason i just kick them out, it dont take long for the squad to fill up again.
              PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_the_bad View Post
                Kat, i couldnt agree more with every point you said, it seems if you get on TG during GMT afternoon hours, your likely to be in a very not good squad, Most SL's dont know what they are doing. they have no rally, Their squad is all over the map and worst of all the squad leader has a sniper kit.

The way i deal with something like that, is to just get on with what my squad is meant to be doing. And if some one in my squad is just being generaly slow and stupid for no good reason i just kick them out, it dont take long for the squad to fill up again.
                Tell me why you wear the TG tag?

Lets see if there are new SL's on the server who might be missing a few key things, why don't you help them out, help them learn the game, give them some hints, some tips, just because they are not uber awesome as you are, doesn't warrant you to do your own thing as a SL, lead by example.
                I don't understand your slow and stupid point, that is just plain rude, and goes against what it is in the SOP's I would re-read them Ivan........TG is about maturity, not kicking someone out of the squad because they might be new to the game or might have hit sprint at once instead at intervals, and I'm pretty sure they are not "stupid".
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Randy apolagies if i offended any one. When i see new people i do help them out and i welcome them and show them how PR is really played at TG and most of these people are good players, But if the player is doing their own thing and just being a general nuisance to the squad i'd rather kick them so that some one who wants to play as a squad can do so.
                  PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                    [SIZE="5"]
                    Sonic, i would tone down a bit, because if i recall, you like to land little birds on humvees on qwai, even when told not to. So its bad if a IHS member doesn't follow your SL rules but not as bad is a regular tg player?
                    Yeah, I remember that. It was about 3 months or 4 months ago. Since then I have grown a lot in maturity, I think, and now when I get an order I follow it.
                    |TG|
                    ||||

Comment

The regulars in the evening's is definitely a different vibe than than the mornings or afternoons. I like it tho when I can stay home from work. I love having noobs in the squad and trying to help turn them on to PR the TG way.

|

Comment

I actually like having newbs in my squad the few times that I SL. If I can just win the first game with them by doing whatever we did then it is likely the next game they rejoin my squad and gain confidence in the tactics that we are using. Also, sometimes when a regular joins my squad it can get frustrating because they will start trying to override my orders even though they don't have info from command that I might have etc. I'm sure I probably do the same thing though...

Comment

I like long walks on the beach and foreign films.

Comment

If Im not mistaken, then this was where my Squad defended... or tried to, South Bunker.. and then when we lost it to 2 squads, We didnt get backup for the rest of the game.
                            |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
                              The regulars in the evening's is definitely a different vibe than than the mornings or afternoons. I like it tho when I can stay home from work. I love having noobs in the squad and trying to help turn them on to PR the TG way.
                              This is true... But too often do i have noobs in my squad who arent willing to accept the rules, like to go solo, and make their own "squad" within the squad whilst disregarding my orders. However, it is always nice to meet someone new who becomes a good friend and player after some time passes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X