Tactic Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactic Log

Just going to use this topic to catalog simple type tactic things i think of.
    Anyone else who thinks of a tactic just post it as well.
    I will edit this main post to list tactics.

----------------TACTICS--------------------

1. Draw Fire.

Summary: Draw fire is a simple tactic which needs at least two men in order to operate.
    This tactic is used to draw the incoming fire of enemy positions towards a designated location, which in this case is a friendly unit. Drawing the enemy fire also allows one to know the direction of the enemies attention, which will allow one to operate accordingly.

Conditions: In order to deploy a covering fire tactic the following conditons must be met:
    Two friendly units must be present.
    One positions of cover must be present for each friendly unit.
    Enemy contacts must be present.

Procedure:
    The following sequence of actions taken in that sequence defines a correct interpretation of the draw fire tactic.

First, at least two friendly units must be working together and they must have a fixed position of cover which is being used, and enemy contacts must be present. The spacing between the two friendly units should be at a distant as necessary towards fulfilling the intent to direct enemy fire towards a defined position.

Second, both friendly units must be under cover from the enemy contacts. These contacts may be actively engaging the friendly or not, but in either case the covering fire tactic starts at a point in which each member is at least 'concealed' from enemy position (friendly units are out of sight of enemy units, even if friendly positions are known).

Third, one unit must be select to be the "Fire Drawing unit" while the other must be selected to be the "Observing/Shooting unit". After both of these positions have been defined, then one may proceed towards the next step.

Fourth, The "Fire Drawing unit" will make haste to engage the enemy contacts. They will do this in such as way as to not focus upon making hits or kills, but in providing enough fire near enemy positions, enough so that the "Fire Drawing unit" both keeps the enemy contact's attention and is mobile enough to take cover from the fire which will be drawn towards their position.

Fifth, the "Observing/Shooting unit" will remain under cover until enemy reports are heard, after which they will break their concealment/cover and being observing/shooting at the enemy contacts. They will do this in such a way as to focus on good aiming and few shots. This will decrease the draw of attention of enemy units.
    It is best to keep the most cover as possible while you are shooting if it is an ambush. But it is better to beable to take complete cover of your whole body as quickly as possible when engaged in a fight in which they enemy knowns your position already.

Sixth, When the "Fire Draw unit" either takes substantial damage or has take cover from the enemy fire. Then the "Observing/Shooting unit" will either make haste to withdraw to protect their position, or they will continue to fire with good aim, or last... they will switch into the "Draw Fire unit" and become slightly mobile and fire as would the "Fire Draw unit", allowing the attention to be directed towards their position.

NOTES:
    This tactic can be extended upon with multiple units, and it works easiest in a long range, fixed cover scenario.
    listen close
    to the rat-tat-tat-
    as the metal flies,
    we should know as fact:
    that unearthly demons
    are part of our pack,
    and as we engage you
    in battle we pass.

Re: Tactic Log

Hmm, that sounds good, but a little complicated. I prefer the "run wildly in circles while your buddy watches to see where the bullets come from" strategy myself.
    playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
    I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Luring ambush

2. Luring ambush.

Summary: Luring ambush is a simple technique that any fps vet is familiar with. The essence of this technique is to have one position with friendly units hold position while a second friendly unit moves forward into the direction of enemy forces to obtain a concealed position and wait. The first friendly unit draws the attention of the enemy contacts when they appear, making sure to keep cover yet shoot to draw their attention. Then, they start to move backward in order to set up a better position and lure the enemies closer. As the enemies chase after the first friendly position the second friendly unit finds the correct time to then chase after the enemy, creating a samwhich where the second element can take the most potent flank direction.

Conditions: In order to deploy the luring ambush tactic the following conditions must be met:

At least Two friendly units must be available.

One unit must move forward into enemy territory at some distance from the other unit.
      The advancing unit must reach their point undetected, and they must remain in stealth at that point until the proper time. Therefor, they must move in anticipation of enemy forces in the future to reach their point in an area with limited concealment, or they must have a concealed path to travel to arrive undetected at the waiting point.

Procedure:
      The following sequence of actions taken in that sequence defines a correct interpretation of the Lure Ambush.

First, at least two friendly units must be working together. One unit must be assigned as the luring unit and the other as the advancing unit. The way which this is arranged is entirely up to the players, of course. The advancing unit must arrive at a position out from the luring unit, and towards possible enemy locations. This advancing unit must remain undetected during movement, and they must beable to remain undetected by enemy squads which may be moving very close into them.

Second, The luring unit will make contact with enemy units, hopefully this will be downrange towards the advancing units position. They will draw the attention of the enemy units and make sure to stay alive at the same time. They will do this by firing at enemy units and making them selves visible to them, and then taking cover and harassing them with small amounts of fire. This will draw the enemy units attention, while the cover which the luring unit takes will entice the enemy unit to come to look for the friendly luring unit.

Third, when it has been established that the enemy units are moving, the luring unit will fall back into the nearest and best possible defensive position and wait. The Advancing squad will wait until it is known that the enemy units have moved past their position. After this they will break out of concealment and begin approaching the enemy unit from the flank, allowing them to take any position they want on any of the flanks of the enemy.

Fourth, When the luring unit makes contact it is the best time for the advancing unit to attack. Now, the attention of the enemies can be upon the luring squad and they will most likely be in close quarters combat, or they will at least be focused on shooting towards the luring squads direction (qwai river comes to mind here, in the forest). At this time the advancing squad will have the highest probability of eliminating the enemy forces from flanked positions.

NOTES:
      This tactic can be extended upon with multiple units, and it works easiest in an area which has a lot of cover and concealment. There are many ways in which this tactic is used, in forested areas, in urban areas, even in desert type mountainous areas. I have seen many people use this and similar tactics, i just thought i would make this vague attempt to formalize it as something which can be repeated under certain conditions.
      listen close
      to the rat-tat-tat-
      as the metal flies,
      we should know as fact:
      that unearthly demons
      are part of our pack,
      and as we engage you
      in battle we pass.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server