Close Calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Calls

To all the helo pilots out there, you probably have experienced them more than once

A stinger or other missile flying past your helo but missing by a hair.

It happened to me on certain occasions, today as well on Zatar in a Huey.
    So i was flying a full!! Huey to LZ one, i was about to touch down, then beepbeep. i drop flares and abort, turn the huey towards the carrier, and i see the rocket flying past me filling up the entire screen, damn my heart sank in my pants then...

The funny thing, on that same round there was always one guy trying to hit me with LAT while landing (at the same spot of course), he hit me and killed 2 passengers, but he never destroyed the chopper:row__631: even though he tried it 3 times, i always repaired at the carrier. he must've gone mad:madsmile:

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: Close Calls

Hahaha, yeah i remember that. I was your SL.

Unfortunatly i flew into airfield right after you and took one in the tail pipe. Guess you were lucky :)

Got CTD then....booooo :)

Good flying with ya!
    Nihility

Comment

whooraa, that was ****loads of fun! hehe

bad words are automatically stared out?? i just found out, lol

************************************************** ************************************************** ***************

Comment

Yeah there have been a few times when i have shot a tank shell at a blackhawk and the shell went through the open door on it. CURSES!
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
          Yeah there have been a few times when i have shot a tank shell at a blackhawk and the shell went through the open door on it. CURSES!
          which reminds me, on battlearena server, basrah i was driving one of these jeeps with mounted MG's on them towards one single brit guy. i tried to run him over. Then i saw he had LAT, i was already rly close so i told myself, bah he cant aim that fast... he shot.

the rocket practically went over the passenger seat and out on the back. and afterwards i drove over that poor soul:row__523:

Comment

I once was flying on Kashan and got a random missile lock. I hit flares and twisted and lost the lock. However, when I straigtened out, I saw TWO missiles fly past my cockpit. They had literally flown along the complete side of my blackhawk from the tail rotor to my cockpit and didn't detonate. One missile on each side. My eyes went wide.

You're resident FireFighter/EMT TonkaTruck <3

Comment

someone tried to run me over on Kashan with a Vodnik
              i was standing, unloading on the vodnik with lmg, it was smoking
              then the vodnik went straight at me, and i thought I was screwed,
              but it hit a little bump, and i went prone, and it sailed over my head by a few inches.

i then turned around to see the vodnik explode.
              it twas epic.

Comment

Having a vodnik pin us down, then a black hawk comes over (on kashan) and the vodnik focusus fire on the blackhawk, causing the black hawk to lose power and come sailing down and crash on top of the vodnik. The mec were too busy investigating the wreck we were able to cap the next flag :D

Comment

Epic Moment the other day, Picking up a Squad in a Potato near in the white in D3, i get 5 guys when a Humvee rolls up right next to me, so i fly off, and hes shooting at me, i manage to get the chopper behind the big hill mountain thing, and then notice I'm on fear (took me 5 seconds to make sure I was), so I land and me and the squad I'm with get out, toast marshmellows on the downed chopper and arrange another Potato to pick us up, and we only got 3 Critically wounded which were revived by the medic who was smart enough to run!

Comment

I've had my fair share of seeing missiles either glitch through a vehicle or miss by inches. Most of the time I laugh and either kill them or drive away :)

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

i've shot a lat through the humvee window before, or maybe it just looked like i did, who knows it might have it and quite possibly didn't blow due to the missile not arming itself.....but i have shot a lat before as a vodnik or humvee jumps and the darn thing flies right underneath, then i scratch my head and wonder where the missile went.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Ever shot a LAT throught a BH, thats so annoying

Comment

I witnessed two very close calls last night. On EJOD Desert I was engineer for a mechanized infantry squad, we were rolling through the city with an APC when suddenly fffffwwwwwwWWWWWHOOOSSSSSSSsssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh a missile goes flying by the APC's side, right past me as I was on the ground keeping an eye out for infantry. We move over a bit towards West City when again a missile comes flying out of nowhere, missing the top cupola of the APC by a bare foot. The driver's response "Thank God we're sitting in this ditch!"
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

On ejod in db's squad, west hills overlooking city and someone shot a hat through his legs right down the middle of the squad standing behind, balls of asbestos

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X