SVD worthless?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVD worthless?

What am I doing wrong? It's like firing blanks. No tracer, no visible ground impact, and definitely no effect on the enemy. What range is it zeroed at anyways?

Re: SVD worthless?

300m I think, before then its on target and after it will fall a tiny bit. If you miss, aim a bit higher

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

That gun is fine for me...
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

mm SVD is good.

Comment

got 14:1 on mesita the other day, make sure you compensate for the target moving and like stated, compensate for bullet drop ( The PR guide needs updating )

Comment

It would be helpful to know what you think you are doing wrong.

Remember it is a marksman rifle not a sniper rifle so don't be afraid to put rounds on target. In addition even though it is a marksman rifle try not to move the scope too much when you are on target. If you have to hit a moving target that is no moving directly towards you face on, then lead the target without moving the scope.

In other words estimate the direction you think your target is moving in and pick a spot. You then estimate how long it will take your target to reach that point, factor in your drop and silly as it sounds your ping and pick your spot. Think of it like trying to coordinate a car crash at an intersection. You are trying to arrrange the beautiful collision of your round with your intended target. Sorry if this sounds a bit over the top but you already do it in game when you fire any weapon at moving targets. The greater the range the more you need to perfect this skill that's all.

Trust me, the SVD is an absolute monster once you get comfortable with it.

Comment

It seems that the game engine doesn't render bullet impacts beyond about 375m.
              Still, I was putting impacts right on stationary soldiers inside that range (about 300m) and nothing was happening to them. I think either the game is either drawing the impact "puff" in the wrong place or else the soldiers were being rendered as visible when they were actually behind cover. I guess if I want realism in this regard I should stick to Arma.

Comment

Ask the guy on this thread:

[Coding] Balistics/zeroing [WIP]

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I like it alot as it is really :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse