Sorry, but I need to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, but I need to...

i just needed to vent as this is not a single incident, it happens regardless of who is on and if there is or isn't a commander.

Sorry but I need to rant...

Rant on:
    TG should be renamed the "It's mine" server. TG tag wearers immediately get into game (better computer I suppose), and make and lock squads with their asset of choice. You try to use a vehicle and you get stood in front of, reprimanded, and told to get out. This hurts the quality of gameplay too. You have two squads locked with just 3 people in them (of just TG'ers) and they are using "their" asset, you also have "elite" squads making and locking them with under 6 squad mates. Those first 2 squads do not really help the team as they are just off and running around for the most part. The LB squad today (just now) had their pilots running around the main, stepping in front of the APC (hence the tk by accident), waiting for the LB to spawn that they just crashed.

I don't know, I just need to rant about the locked squads and the "it's mine" mentality that is becoming more common as those who wear the TG tag become "elite".

Rant off:

Thank you for letting me rant/vent.
    Last edited by Drayu; 06-27-2008, 04:15 PM.

Re: Sorry, but I need to...

This isn't the place to post this, nor is it mature to go and post screen shots that single out people. If you have a problem, we have a great administration staff that can work it out.

Besides...why would you need more than 3 guys in the LB squad? And a dedicated TOW is what needs to be done on that map.

Comment

well.......hmmmmm what you have said is incorrect, there was no commander present to any asset was for the taking. Familiarize yourself with the SOP's and rules regarding in game rules. Supporting members will get in if the server is full as opposed to non-supporting members, and my computer is pretty slow, so i don't load up like the flash.

Also Send a PM to an admin about those players in question, they should know what is expected of them as a wearer of a TG tag, and what is expected of them when there is no commander present. Thank you for the SS I will also forward this on to a moderator. But re-read the forum rules and look around the server before you make any judgements.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Notice how that second screenshot still had 2:30 seconds before the game started. All they are doing is waiting for people that squadded up with them last time. I have seen this happen and totally i accept it when I can't get in.

Also its not a rule, afaik, but If someone created an "asset" squad let them use that asset. I see it more as common courtesy. If you NEED to use that asset, why not ask if you can join their squad? I am sure they will let you in, and if not don't run off to the forums singling them out. Contact an admin to let them know, like imnotacanadian said we have a great administration that is willing to work with you, as long as you go along the right paths.
        Created by Sonic

Comment

Originally posted by TheChapKid View Post
          Notice how that second screenshot still had 2:30 seconds before the game started. All they are doing is waiting for people that squadded up with them last time. I have seen this happen and totally i accept it when I can't get in.

Also its not a rule, afaik, but If someone created an "asset" squad let them use that asset. I see it more as common courtesy. If you NEED to use that asset, why not ask if you can join their squad? I am sure they will let you in, and if not don't run off to the forums singling them out. Contact an admin to let them know, like imnotacanadian said we have a great administration that is willing to work with you, as long as you go along the right paths.
          If there is no commander, then any asset is up for the taking. The rule is only set in place when there is a commander and if the commander does in fact assign that squad the use of the asset. But no commander mean's that you can use it even if your squad isn't named APC, LB, or L33T sniper.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Guys, don't dismiss what Drayu has to say. He raises some valid concerns that we see on a daily basis on this server.

DirtBoy posted this a while back and it looks like everyone needs to be reminded again of it. Why? It's the same names in the locked asset squads day after day after day. You know who you are, and you know it's true.

Now, on the other side of the coin, there is a very good reason why we let the CO assign assets (when one is around) and the rule is the way that it is. Contrary to popular opinion, it does help promote teamwork.

Why?

Well, for one thing, you don't have a line of 5 guys from various squads waiting back at the main for the tank/apc/helicpoter/jet to spawn in. Those are 5 guys that should be with their squad leader doing something else of value to help their team win. Those are also 5 guys who are less likely to get ticked off because someone "butted" in front of them in line and start a tk-fest.

Secondly, the CO knows who has what. He doesn't need to go through the player list looking at the kit assignments to try and figure out what squad has what asset. It sure makes his life a lot easier to remember that if he needs a transport chopper, talk to squad 3 on VOIP to coordinate insertions and extractions. Since the CO is exactly that - the Commanding Officer for his team - then he has say over what is used where/when/how on the battlefield. Period.

I could go on with plenty of other examples, but I think you get my point.

It's all about teamwork guys. Teamwork isn't about locking up a particular asset every time it becomes available, it's about working together to accomplish a goal. Let's focus on putting others before ourselves every once in a while and see where that takes us.

Originally posted by TheChapKid View Post
            Also its not a rule, afaik, but If someone created an "asset" squad let them use that asset.
            Better re-read the rules then:

9. Reserving assets

To assist the Commander in performing his duties, the Commander has final say on distribution of all assets. Naming a squad "Attack Helo" does not entitle that squad to the attack helicopters unless the CO designates them to that squad. Please remember, squads do not dictate the assignment of an asset, the CO does.

When there is no commander, or the CO has not designated a squad for a particular asset, assets are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Players are to act maturely and take turns with assets. Fighting over assets could result in both parties being removed from the server.
            Full server rules are linked in my signature.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

My mistake then.... sorry.
              Created by Sonic

Comment

There I am. Drayu my apoligies for the TK, but that was a conplete accident and could have happened to anyone. Yes, I did make a squad, but never did I send an invitation or tell anyone to get out of the LB. In the past I would, but I have never in a good while. So, please don't single me out and make un true claims. Yes, some people do that but I haven't. When it had 3 pilots in the squad, I locked it. Why would we need a 6 man LB squad. That would anger even more players. There was no CO and anyone could take the LBs but to have the pilots in a single squad makes it easier to coordinate. That day you caught me just when I flew. I played 6 rounds, some with air assets. But, I did not fly, I was a SL or was a SM. I played infantry. And what do you define as a TGer? It is not as if we are all part of an IHS. All of the people in that squad were just ordinary players. Yes, I do load fairly fast, and that round I felt like flying a LB. What do you want me to do? Ofcoure I will make a squad.

Again I apoligize for locking the squad.
                |TG|
                ||||

Comment

Well the reason my squad is locked in the Screenshot is because i wanted my squad to be transportable by littlebird wich i think is a good reason to have a 5 man squad.

Other times i lock it to get players i like to play with in the squad, because sometimes im very unlucky with pub players, so after a couple of frustrating round i lock my squad and get some guys i know i dont need to keep an eye on so i can relax a bit (i like the stress of squadleading thou sometimes i just wanna coast).

I also lock my squad to gather up the squad i had last round if possible because then i dont have to start over.

The reason i dont just become a squadmember when i want to relax, is because im the kind of squadmember i hate(not really just cant find a better word) to have in my squad. So i think its ufair if i end up with a new squadleader ill prob give him a bad experience...

Edit: Damn it feels wrong writing SS.

Edit: If people have a problem with me locking my squad then get an admin to do something about it because until i get banned i will not have more people in my squad than i need, and yes im pissed you make me sound like some kind of elitist, 2 of the guy in that squad i have never played with before.
                  If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

I think everyone needs to relax.

Drayu isn't necessarily calling specific people out, but instead is stating his frustrations with a problem well all know exists.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Yes it does exist. But I just wish people weren't singled out.
                      |TG|
                      ||||

Comment

Awwww.... I still had 2 spots in ROFLWAFFLE. We had a grand/swell time didn't we lads?

Comment

yep^!!
                          sigpic
                          I'm Back.

Comment

If you don't wish to be singled out don't be guilty in the first place!
                            Skud

Comment

Not to sound like a jerk but it strikes me as odd to complain about asset squads then make TOW TOO... That's a little like poking the beehive with a stick until bad things start happening.

I gotta say, there are things that need to be accepted in PR and one of em is that you can't always get what you want so make the best of what you can get. I know a lot of TGers who love to fly and never get into CAS or transport squads. I like to tank and i rarely get into those squads due to load times either.

Most of the trouble and tk'ing I've seen related to these locked squads comes from the guys not in them shooting people and stealing vehicles only to get blown up on the mad dash out of base like it's a jewel heist... Not suggesting that happened here or anything, just a little something I saw on EJOD one day this week.

Just my opinion. Also, regardless of guilt it's just not good to throw up screenshots with names directly accusing people of things... Again with the beehive...

"Why can't we all just.... get along"
                              Last edited by Rafterman1987; 06-27-2008, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X