Request for PR section of the TG teamspeak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for PR section of the TG teamspeak

I would like to request/petition some new sub channels be created for the PR section of the TG teamspeak.

Currently we have:

Project Reality Admin - place for admins to hang out, so players can get ahold of them quickly in private, without disturbing other players. This is excellent :)

Project Reality Public - place to just hang out between rounds, shoot the **** or see who is playing. This is great, but maybe change the name to "Project Reality Lobby" or something more casual sounding.

PR Team Coordination 1 - place where players can gather for one team to get more organized

PR Team Coordination 2 - place where players can gather for one team to get more organized

MY proposal is to add 2 additional channels:

PR Team 1 - Leadership Channel (CO & SLs Only)

PR Team 2 - Leadership Channel (CO & SLs Only)

This is basically the same as the team coordination channels, but with one vital difference - its enforced that ONLY squad leaders and commanders (from their respected teams) enter these channels.

Yes, you may say you can use the current channels for this and just tell anyone who is NOT a squad leader to shut up, but I think that is a round about way of doing things and a pain in the ass to have to constantly tell new people to do this. IF it is written in the channel name, it would be MUCH easier to enforce.

The reason to have only the leadership elements in the channel is pretty obvious - it is a vital communication tool that BF2 is currently lacking. if the V key transmitted to ALL squad leaders and commander, it would not be necesary to do this, but that is one of the downfalls of BF2, the VOIP cannot be edited in anyway.

I will say right now, me and several other squad leaders do not use TG teamspeak to coordinate while playing, because we don't care for the large amount of unnecessary comms that is always occuring in the team coordination channels. I love having multiple squads working together over teamspeak, however doing this on the TG teamspeak has proven again and again to simply be more of a pain in the ass than it is worthwhile. So I use other clans teamspeak where I dont have to worry about people constantly spamming their comms.

I strongly believe setting up 2 new channels specifically for this purpose would be a good solution for this problem, and it would be alot more rare to have to tell non leader elements to be quiet in the SL & CO Only channel.

So what do others think?

Re: Request for PR section of the TG teamspeak

Agreed. I'll set it up and we can try it out over the weekend to see how it works out.

Good idea, Fuzz!

[EDIT] Done - not exactly how I would like it, but we'll try it out.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

hmmm I would like that.
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

Funny, I was thinking something along these lines yesterday following a few rounds of too much chatter going on for an SL in game and on TS.

| |

Comment

well maybe include the guys flying the CAS aircraft and the transport helos too to make it alot essier to direct cas aircraft on target and get pickup and dropoff in the right places with direct coms instead of it having to go thru the SL first

just my two cent on the subject
          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

well maybe include the guys flying the CAS aircraft and the transport helos too to make it alot essier to direct cas aircraft on target and get pickup and dropoff in the right places with direct coms instead of it having to go thru the SL first
            disagree, if your in a proper CAS squad, your SL should be on the ball enough to give you fast attack commands just as rapidly as you need them.

CAS would ideally be:

Jets:
            1 spotter on the ground (officer or spec ops) = Squad Leader
            He is able to relay attack commands quickly, as well as update them as necesary. His top priority should be communicating with the commander (using COMMANDER voip channel, NOT spamming the teamspeak) and getting attack commands on priority targets. As well, he should be constantly finding info on where the enemy AA emplacements are.

1 fighter jet = Air superiority
            Sole focus on taking out enemy air threats. Once the skies are clear, hes to just stay on standby until new air threats appear.

1 bomber jet = CAS
            Focus on destroying the squad leaders attack commands. Should only fly bombing runs on the squad leaders/commanders explicit orders, should NOT be flying around the map randomly bombing whatever he feels like.

Attack Helicopters:
            1 spotter on the ground (officer or spec ops) = Squad Leader
            He is able to relay attack commands quickly, as well as update them as necesary. His top priority should be communicating with the commander (using COMMANDER voip channel, NOT spamming the teamspeak) and getting attack commands on priority targets. As well, he should be constantly finding info on where the enemy AA emplacements are.

1 Attack Helicopter with gunner and pilot
            Focus on destroying the squad leaders attack commands. Should only fly bombing runs on the squad leaders/commanders explicit orders, should NOT be flying around the map randomly shooting at whatever he feels like.

Should keep the 2 attack helicopter squads seperate to avoid over use of comms.

Thats not to say the pilots cannot join the leadership channel, but I really dont think they should be saying anything in the leadership channel to avoid needless comm spam (something pilots seem to LOVE doing)
            Last edited by fuzzhead; 06-27-2008, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Exellent idea Fuzzhead.

Comment

Excellent idea. +1
                sigpic
                I'm Back.

Comment

On a side not, could we change 1 & 2 to Cata and Nato? saves all that "Mec go to team cord 1"

Comment

1. What does CATA mean?
                    and 2. that means you would have to swap coordinations every round, it just be too confusing and people would forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                      On a side not, could we change 1 & 2 to Cata and Nato? saves all that "Mec go to team cord 1"
                      No. Because then after every round we all would have to ALT-Tab out and change our TS channels. If you're on Team 1, you're on team 1. If you're on Team 2, you're on team 2.

EDIT: PLEASE take the time and make a commitment to using the leadership channels! They're so much more effective!
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                        I do remember that was tried, but as has been pointed out, the teams swap every round.
                        | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                        Charge for the guns' he said:
                        Into the valley of Death
                          Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Why 2 channels per team? If you have the CO and SLs on TS, surely the in-game VoIP is good enough for SMs?

The amount of trash already talked in the Public and Co-Ord channels is why I only monitor the Admin channel anyway.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X