Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad intro

Hi all,

I was thinking last night about developing a script, that I can run thru when I form a squad so i know that Im covering everthing off in the initial 3 min countdown. (usually inf squad)

I though this would be a cool exercise, to make it work i think that all needs to be said in under 30 seconds (the kiss rule)(keep it simple stupid). I'll put down what I think and if anyone wants to add or subtract from it feel free...

1.Gday squad!
    2. I dont mind what kits you take, just make sure they compliement the squad, if i need a specific kit i let your know. one medic would be great.
    3. Stay together at all times (within 10-20 metres) we will be setting rallies as we run.
    4. Do not engage the enemy without calling type and bearing first
    5. Avoid engaging the enemy during a flanking manouver
    6. we will use two formation types, form a line and star.
    7.when i call line "form up a line" advance towards attack marker, together (usually to flush rps or search and destroy)
    8. Star, form a circle around the SL, usually to defend position or to stop and scan.
    9. Our objective is....... and we will be spawing in e.g. Delta 4, taking x vehicle/s

cheers

aus
    Last edited by aus-trooper; 06-28-2008, 03:41 AM.
    |TG-Irr| Aus-trooper

Re: Squad intro

Sounds good, but you may want to lay out a general game plan. Even though it seems easy to tell them once the round started, its good to know where the squad is generally headed. Also, telling them where to spawn as well. Today I had a squad leader not tell anyone where to spawn and the result was a split squad.
    Created by Sonic

Comment

Originally posted by TheChapKid View Post
      Sounds good, but you may want to lay out a general game plan. Even though it seems easy to tell them once the round started, its good to know where the squad is generally headed. Also, telling them where to spawn as well. Today I had a squad leader not tell anyone where to spawn and the result was a split squad.
      Cheers Chap... cant believe i forgot that... updated as sugessted
      |TG-Irr| Aus-trooper

Comment

Good idea!

Once everybody is in your squad place a move marker on your spawn point. Makes it easier in Kashan or Jabal where multiple spawn points are in the same gridbox.

Then make a second move marker to where you are going to be heading.

Tell the squad which vehicle you are trying to get.

I usually call my squad INF VOIP but just to make sure I tell that since this is an infantry squad that we do not take anything else but Hummers or Trucks as a ride.

Comment

I usually just say what i think is apropriate for the squad i have, thats there ROE, no snipers no spec ops other than that i dont care. (people usually figure out that we need a medic so i almost always have one.) tell them where were going and spawning, no armored vehicles and thats about it. dont think more is needed because i have given up formations in pub play.

but yeah could be a good idea but since my ROE and so on change from map to map it would have to be map specific but a good idea.
          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

i have a few things you could add

Comment

Next time I am leading a squad on a suitable map I'm going to try the following:

Squad forming
              • Name my squad TAC INF, with the hope of attracting people who are interested in tactics.
              • Do a microphone check and state that they are in an infantry squad, so no armoured vehicles.
              • The squad is divided into three fireteams each with their own purpose:
                • assault, for close quarters, first ones to enter hot zones, flanks the enemy.
                • support, for suppressive, covering for the assault fire team and long range fire if we have a marksman.
                • And the last fireteam is the squad leader and the medic
              • Lets assign kits:
                • Who will be medic?
                • I need two guys for support: state your name and kit, either saw, marksman or rifleman if marksman is taken.
                • That leaves the others for assault; engineer, LAT, riflemen or grenadier?
                • When you are in the same fireteam always stay with your buddy.
                • We will spawn here [marked]. And we will move to this objective [marked]. We will then start practising on formations and staying with your fireteam buddy.

At the start of the game.
              • Buddy up with your fireteam partner.
              • Lets practice formations:
                • Form up in wedge formation: assault take point, support stay on the right and behind assault. Medic stay with me. This is the standard formation when moving in non-urban terrain.
                • Form up in line formation: support take centre assault on left. We will use this formation to sweep an area, form a defensive line or provide maximum fire on an enemy position.
                • When I say spread out, you take distance from the other fireteams but stay near your buddy. Spread out.
                • Close ranks again and keep moving.
              • Then for some different types of movement:
                • Now we will move in overwatch; assault take point, support follows at a distance then squad leader.
                • Next is moving in bounding overwatch with support in overwatch. Assault find your next cover and when in position say so. Support will then move up to cover near assault. Assault will then move up again. Squad leader and medic wil follow.
                • Alternating bounding overwatch means that assault and support will alternate moving up and providing overwatch.
              • Contact with the enemy:
                • First of all, no chatter once somebody starts calling out enemies.
                • When you see an enemy always try to call out your fireteam name, contact and heading before firing. Since your buddy should be near you will be able to aim two guns at the enemy quickly. "Support, contact, 135".
                • When we approach an objective do not start firing immediately unless the enemy sees you. The goal is to let assault get close or in a flanking position before letting support open up fire. Assault should not start moving up until support has found a good firing position.
                • If we retreat we will fall back in alternating bounding overwatch. When you hear "support/assualt/squad leader in position" then that is the sign for you to start running towards the next piece of cover.

Should be interesting as it will most likely be with a bunch of random players. My view of players hasn't got as pessimistic as some of the forum posters, so I'm actually looking forward to trying it out!

Cheers,
              Fishbone
              Last edited by Fishbone; 06-29-2008, 03:02 AM. Reason: assault/support mixed up

Comment

maybe you should give the marksman and autorifle to the support fireteam instead of the assult since they are made for the supportrole. Maybe i just misunderstand what you are writing...

maybe you should keep it simple and just use bounding overwatch, it takes some time for them to learn to know the difference, if you have ever seen someone training this for the first time in real life you know it can get confusing to the regular soldier.

but yes if you get it to work it will prob be good because you will have 4 guns firering at all times
                If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone View Post
                  Next time I am leading a squad on a suitable map I'm going to try the following:

Squad forming
                  • Name my squad TAC INF, with the hope of attracting people who are interested in tactics.
                  • Do a microphone check and state that they are in an infantry squad, so no armoured vehicles.
                  • The squad is divided into three fireteams each with their own purpose:
                    • assault, for close quarters, first ones to enter hot zones, flanks the enemy.
                    • support, for suppressive, covering for the assault fire team and long range fire if we have a marksman.
                    • And the last fireteam is the squad leader and the medic
                  • Lets assign kits:
                    • Who will be medic?
                    • I need two guys for support: state your name and kit, either saw, marksman or rifleman if marksman is taken.
                    • That leaves the others for assault; engineer, LAT, riflemen or grenadier?
                    • When you are in the same fireteam always stay with your buddy.
                    • We will spawn here [marked]. And we will move to this objective [marked]. We will then start practising on formations and staying with your fireteam buddy.

At the start of the game.
                  • Buddy up with your fireteam partner.
                  • Lets practice formations:
                    • Form up in wedge formation: assault take point, support stay on the right and behind assault. Medic stay with me. This is the standard formation when moving in non-urban terrain.
                    • Form up in line formation: support take centre assault on left. We will use this formation to sweep an area, form a defensive line or provide maximum fire on an enemy position.
                    • When I say spread out, you take distance from the other fireteams but stay near your buddy. Spread out.
                    • Close ranks again and keep moving.
                  • Then for some different types of movement:
                    • Now we will move in overwatch; assault take point, support follows at a distance then squad leader.
                    • Next is moving in bounding overwatch with support in overwatch. Assault find your next cover and when in position say so. Support will then move up to cover near assault. Assault will then move up again. Squad leader and medic wil follow.
                    • Alternating bounding overwatch means that assault and support will alternate moving up and providing overwatch.
                  • Contact with the enemy:
                    • First of all, no chatter once somebody starts calling out enemies.
                    • When you see an enemy always try to call out your fireteam name, contact and heading before firing. Since your buddy should be near you will be able to aim two guns at the enemy quickly. "Support, contact, 135".
                    • When we approach an objective do not start firing immediately unless the enemy sees you. The goal is to let assault get close or in a flanking position before letting support open up fire. Assault should not start moving up until support has found a good firing position.
                    • If we retreat we will fall back in alternating bounding overwatch. When you hear "support/assualt/squad leader in position" then that is the sign for you to start running towards the next piece of cover.

Should be interesting as it will most likely be with a bunch of random players. My view of players hasn't got as pessimistic as some of the forum posters, so I'm actually looking forward to trying it out!

Cheers,
                  Fishbone
                  Hey Fishbone, you got few good ideas there but you must know that pub games are usually out of control very quickly after round starts. It is extremely difficult to make any kind of tactics with random players .where at least 1/3 has no mics. It may end up with a big headache but anyway if i see you lead TAC squad I'd like to join.

Comment

BloodAce, you are completely right. And I appreciate it alot that you wanted to be a fireteam leader even though it did not work quite as well. Especially formations is quite tough to get working. Most of the people tend (5/6) to have microphones though. It is not that bad.

Comment

My intro, whenever I actually lead a squad, is this:

Hello, welcome to the squad. First off, no sniper or spec ops kits and no HAT sniping. (Then I make a reason, such as "Each time you HAT snipe god kills an innocent little child," or "it makes your e-penis shrink eight inches")

We are going to need a medic, any volunteers? (volunteer) Thank you, please stay medic for the whole round.
                      Get whatever kits you like or are good at killing with. (I see later in the round what we have, and if they are good, I ask them to stick with them. If not, I tell "so-and-so" to change to "whatever" kit please)
                      Waldo II

Comment

sm - "hey SL what you need"

Myslef - "umm.. Give me a sec I got to see what the CO needs"

This should be your first responce every round.

CO decides what your squad does for the round.
                        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X