Assets and Questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assets and Questions.

When is it cool to take an asset, thats been allocated to a squad when you are labled a Tank Squad? This goes for many other instances of asset "grabbing" that routinely happens here. If you have the asset "Allocated" do not bother taking it, atleast have the common courtesy to ask. At this moment I am in game and someone took our jet, he stated he didnt have a gunner and decided to take the jet, after we were waiting for 20 minutes. These are the little things that make people absolutely pants on head mad. It should be as follows:

You. Can I use the "Asset"?

US: Yes or No, and a reason why. Be courteous and maybe even invite the guy.

Have an outstanding day.

Re: Assets and Questions.

We have several discussions on this matter.

Making a squad and saying "MINE" does not mean that asset is yours. You fail to mention if there was a CO order or assignment of assets.

Without that, it's a free for all.

Originally posted by Rule 9 of TG PR Server...
    9. Reserving assets

To assist the Commander in performing his duties, the Commander has final say on distribution of all assets. Naming a squad "Attack Helo" does not entitle that squad to the attack helicopters unless the CO designates them to that squad. Please remember, squads do not dictate the assignment of an asset, the CO does.

When there is no commander, or the CO has not designated a squad for a particular asset, assets are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Players are to act maturely and take turns with assets. Fighting over assets could result in both parties being removed from the server.
    Also, it's "May I use the asset?" not "Can I use the asset?"
    Skud

Comment

I think this is the commanders fault.

If he is allocating assets to a certain squad he should inform the team of this and make sure everyone is aware.

If someone takes an asset which is not "allocated" to them then it should be the commander who needs to tell that player why they cannot use the asset. For the commander did assign it. In that assignment was it merely just a random occurrence or simply a wise convention? If you have a squad who wants to use the assets and asks the commander then they are probably more dedicated to using the asset properly then any other random at that time.
      I would assign a jet squad to Marine before anyone else i know. I have only experienced his good gunning before, although he did get shot down. I would not want someone who did not fly similar to him to run the a-10 what so ever.
      listen close
      to the rat-tat-tat-
      as the metal flies,
      we should know as fact:
      that unearthly demons
      are part of our pack,
      and as we engage you
      in battle we pass.

Comment

Originally posted by DoorGunner53E View Post
        When is it cool to take an asset, thats been allocated to a squad when you are labled a Tank Squad? This goes for many other instances of asset "grabbing" that routinely happens here. If you have the asset "Allocated" do not bother taking it, atleast have the common courtesy to ask. At this moment I am in game and someone took our jet, he stated he didnt have a gunner and decided to take the jet, after we were waiting for 20 minutes. These are the little things that make people absolutely pants on head mad. It should be as follows:

You. Can I use the "Asset"?

US: Yes or No, and a reason why. Be courteous and maybe even invite the guy.

Have an outstanding day.
        thats an immature player if i ever heard of, damn pubbies who think they deserve every kit that they feel entitled too. I give you credit door for waiting and putting up with that kind of player.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Yea I think CO should be obliged to say on teamchat at least once when asset or kits are restricted to certain persons otherwise it is not a clear distinction over the usual infighting over vehicles which occurs in every bf2 server on the internet.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X