This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team switchers

The amount of team switching that I am starting to see makes me sick. I have witnessed this same trend happen on other servers running various other FPS games and the end result is not something I would like to have happen on TG. Stick it out with a losing team, help your teammates to become better players and increase the quality of play for us all. I think most people would agree that a close, hard fought game is always more satisfying than a 25min blowout. Spread the love people!

Re: Team switchers

I concur...stop the teamswitching people! I am starting to see who is on what side and will start kicking people for it!
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I wrote a huge 'essay' on this earlier. I didn't post as I thought it was perhaps a bit too long winded, going through all what I saw and thought.

I think Dirtboy's post is great as it gets to the point, that is Dirtboy's 'This Needs to Stop' post: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...eeds-stop.html

Sadly I thought it should be stickied, which is horrifying in a way, as this shouldn't need to happen.

"The end result" was seen by me today. One good player deciding to leave in disgust, as he saw 5 TG tag wearers and one regular, teamswitched. They had all been on our team (I know too as I had played the morning like him in that team); and his complaint "it is consistant", of them. And this is a great player: open, curteous, thoughtful of others - and no doesn't wear a TG tag (and get this) because he doesn't have to - he 'is one'. But he wont wear it, for the world to see, simply to please, or 'be part of the gang', that is not why you become TG. That guy wanted to play for, and with, the team the server had chosen for him, in a great place. I can't understand why people would want to switch a team simply because it is disorganised, or it is loosing rounds, unless it is to do with that persons' haughtiness, to put it blankly. This though is certainly is NOT what TG is about - as I said over the channel in game, as I had had enough 'civility', and wanted to start saying something and sounding out something. And this is why I wanted Dirtboy's post (and thanks d1sp0sabl3 for re-posting) stickied, to my dismay.

I believe there are a few people that must re-think what Tacticalgamer is about. Those regulars that do such things and those that wear the TG tag. And again, I refer you not only to the post mentioned, but WhiskeySix's. Please 'hear' that Tacticalgamer and therefore 'being TG' is about Community - which is based on humanity, and not The Self and Egoism. Help, not hissy fit, and think 'I want..' and leave your back facing the 'stupid people'. And thank heavens action will be taken because the malaise is too much. Try to think about your fellow players. It should be fun and you should be making friends across the world through a mutual desire to want to 'hang out' with others, not walk away because you don't like what you see and it is below you..
      Last edited by Taip3n; 06-29-2008, 09:30 PM. Reason: trying to make it a little clearer

Comment

I only switch team if most of my mates are on the other side

Comment

That's ok Kebab, no harm in that. It is not what is the problem. Switching also to get back on the team (squad) you were in, since you have played all morning or so (say after a kick if you are not a supporting member), is also not the problem. The problem is people switch because one team is not organised or there are 'muppets' in it (of course this is a personal view), and so a person becomes 'self righteous' on what they believe they can do - for themself. It is the 'self-ish attitude' that is the problem.

It is one thing to switch a team because there is a conflict and you are having a hard time, and another because you are in conflict with the team because it is having a hard time and you don't like the plebs you see.

Actually Bullseye2550 just posted below - and this is a very valid point. I can only suggest - keep with the team you started with, or all your mates take time out and come back in an hour or so, or better: arrange a time to meet up and play from there - otherwise don't switch and enjoy others' company a while, you shouldn't 'need' to switch and alot of people miss out on the whole community doing so. I mean, if it is so important to be in with your chums, arrange a time to log on, otherwise, just be with the team and hang out. This still boils down to the selfish attitude. The problem is, when do people begin to 'think'. Alot of the people in the groups mentioned by Bullseye, don't team switch because they understand that raindrops turn into big bad rivers.

Other than that, there is no excuse, and I still think it boils down to being 'self-ish' and my original post. The nub of the matter, is that I saw about 10 people go today, from my team, and the teamswitchers were all sat on the other team. The point of why I said in game 'don't you see what you are doing' in game was for all to see (being about 20 Vs 30 at the end, where I am sure a few went off to other places to get away from this sham). And I have already spoken about the honorable player I spoke to too. You bring down Tacticalgamer and what it stands for, and all the hard work of others before you so you can wear the tag or be a part of the community and server. A bit of thought and freedom to be with other people instead of 'me and I want, and poopoo to you', goes a long way.
          Last edited by Taip3n; 06-29-2008, 10:14 PM. Reason: Adding comment to Bullseye's post below

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab-Kastike View Post
            I only switch team if most of my mates are on the other side
            but this is the problem: if 2 6th are on mec, so 2 other 6th switch, 2 15th are on mec, now 2 15th switch to mec, same with the 10th, and now you have the 6th, 10th and 15th on one side, well done.

it should be that everytime the formed IHS are not on same team. Not so experienced players can not play with that speed like IHS squads do. Like today on Qwai. I was sql, my sqmembers asked me how the hell the US got estate and temple so quick after getting fish. I only could say: organization. and that works better with a team like the US was (6th, 10th, ...)

| | | |

Comment

Yeah bullseye-- i was on the USMC side flying a transport bird. They were actually coordiating on TS perfectly, and were actually using the transport birds :shock:.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                but this is the problem: if 2 6th are on mec, so 2 other 6th switch, 2 15th are on mec, now 2 15th switch to mec, same with the 10th, and now you have the 6th, 10th and 15th on one side, well done.

it should be that everytime the formed IHS are not on same team. Not so experienced players can not play with that speed like IHS squads do. Like today on Qwai. I was sql, my sqmembers asked me how the hell the US got estate and temple so quick after getting fish. I only could say: organization. and that works better with a team like the US was (6th, 10th, ...)
                We have had style (in E1st) to see which team is losing and switch to the losing team (meaning if we made the other team too awesome just because we all hooked up ;) ).

Comment

I'll teamswitch right after I join the server if I can't get into a squad on the team the server put me in within a few minutes.

Why do I do this? Because I have no wish to SL. Ever.

Be careful calling people out for team switching between rounds as I've PR/BF2 crash when the new map is loading and have been placed on the other team when I get the game fired up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminal Boy View Post
                    Be careful calling people out for team switching between rounds as I've PR/BF2 crash when the new map is loading and have been placed on the other team when I get the game fired up again.
                    Indeed. I think this is a very valid point aswell. And all should guard against it to their inner core, as to 'outcast' anyone is based on fear and is not only hurtful, but distasteful. It is obvious this happens and should be accounted for.

To emphasise a point on this and a 'however' though, I will walk a different path on another and entirely 'separate issue' but has the same effect because it is the same pomposity and 'elitism', and egoism.

Although an empirical test is impossible to check for 'teamswitchers', the allusion is there to the point is seems dead certain, considering the variables and environmental factors.

It is why I won’t name names but I will sound out the apparent trend.

To continue the science vein, anyone hiding behind an ‘apparency’ is like anyone discarding we are animals that went through an aquatic phase’, simply because the rule of thumb devised by anthropologists was that we went through a ‘savannah stage’ and some marine biologist came up with another theory.. Simply not right..

So where is the elitism or ‘I am right’, here in my example? I didn’t even mention the ‘traditional fight between creation and science, but science infighting.

The point of this is:

To poopoo, can come in various forms, and also, to hide behind that, is to some: obvious. Furthermore, the effect and consistency is for all to see, even in taking a broader, or indeed, narrower, viewpoint. You see, I don’t need to name names for it to exist. The actual question is: ‘what are you going to do about it to stop it’?

P.s, sometimes people have got my posts wrong in thinking they are 'cutting', I don't think anyone so far has said anything, out of line. And no 'cutting' remark to anyone specific is or has been intended, apart to those, I say 'get your act together' in the respect of this topic. I am sure to recieve valid and not so valid critisism. My pardons to anyone that feels it is invalid, but to you I say, think again, think harder and wider; if that doesn't work, think 'Tacticalgamer' if it makes you feel better.

Comment

It's actually very simple:

Do not teamswitch because your team is losing. I know losing is no fun...and sometimes it isn't even your fault because you just joined the game to see that your team is in disarray.

Just suck it in....every game has to have a winner/loser. The fun lies in the closeness of the rounds. Sometimes, its a blow out because one team (usually with the better co-ordinating IHS's) just works together better. I said USUALLY, not always.

Bear it, and come back for revenge next round. It's as simple as that. People who teamswitch because their team is losing are not only selfish, which I don't mind, but unsportsmanlike. I hate unsportsmanlike behaviour. It ruins the server. Next time, think about that when you teamswitch because you can't be arsed to actually do something about the situation your team is in. I've seen team balance go to 21 v 30 or 24 v 33 many times. Just today, I saw 26 v 33. That's a 7 man disadvantage, more than an entire squad!

This sort of thing ruins the server. Everyone who does this should be ashamed of themselves.

Sportsmanship people! That's what it's all about. Grow a set of balls and understand the concept of fair play

.................................................. ............................
                      That aside: Most people who do it are not registered here, so complaining about it on these forums isn't going to change behaviour on the server. The average gamer is selfish. He plays for fun. Hell, I play for fun. Losing and getting pounded by one side round after round is no fun. He will teamswitch. That will never change.

TG members (and by that I mean everyone who is registered on these forums) should spread themselves out to ensure close rounds so that the game fun for everyone. This can help fix the problem.

Also, this problem will crop up from time to time. A lot of time ago, even I made a thread about it titled "A little fairness" if anyone can be bothered to go read it again. We can't fix the problem, however, we can encourage sportsmanship and close rounds.
                      Last edited by Catraphact; 06-30-2008, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I'm guilty of teamswitching but I rarely do.

If I can get a good squad going and have some nice rounds I like to carry it on for as long as possible. Or if a great SL (you know who you are) is on a team I really like to get over there because its awsome to play with them. But, when everyone I know and have a blast playing with is on the other side, its really hard to not switch when your own team has no CO and when you try to be CO no one listens.

Who doesn't enjoy playing with a great SL or your friends.
                        |TG|
                        ||||

Comment

Team switchers aren't cool mmkay.

While I can understand the urge to get off the losing team (defection fun time)... it'd be better to just leave if you're that frustrated with your team. Mainly because you're killing the game for the next guy, but in a more selfish sense you're killing the game for yourself because 30 kills means nothing if you're shooting at crash test dummies.

When I join up and there's a team that's so bad it can't be salvaged... I quit and go play an RTS where everyone listens to my orders :) Unless it's Company of Heroes, those darn infantry squads don't even have the confidence to take on a Tiger tank without support... wimps.

Comment

I understand the point about switching to thw winning team, or to get specific assets, as the rules say, but i dont see a problem with switching to a losing team or at the begining of a round you just joined in order to play with friends of squad mates, e.g. yesterday on mestia about 3 of us switched to militia so we could have a full squad, that team had lost the previous round and was also 25-33 short on players because loads had switched to british. IMO theres nothing wrong with that.

Comment

I agree, it have to stop ! I really disslike people who team switch, they are people with no honor and they make me sick ! They are people that in real live dont have any moral and dont know right from wrong...its like they dont have a conscience.....People may think that I exaggerate, but Im a person who stands for whats right.

I know that the TG tag doesnt make a player better then others, but I have some expectations on players with TG tags. I expect them to try to even out the teams when they see that its uneven, but often I see most of them switching to the winning team. I have played several times with 1 or 2 other TG guys on one team and the rest of the TG guys on the other team (around 10-12people) and this make players with not a tag wanna join that team to and it becomes even more uneven....Im not saying that all TG guys does it, there is ALOT of great players out there too. I think its okay to switch sometimes when you wanna play with some specific person/group ect...

I choose to not use the TG tag anymore, beacuse there is to many with TG tag that shouldnt have one and I dont wanna be "one of them".

And yes, its not only TG guys who team switch, but I think that other will follow if the TG guys show good sportmanship...(again, Im not accusing every TG guy, just those who shouldnt have one)

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X