This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Team switchers

I'll always switch to play with TG guys. It goes back to when we were just a few grognards in an ocean of pubbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Catraphact View Post
      And if everyone thinks like you, all the good TG teamplayers get stacked on one team, leaving a gaggle of pubbies on the other.

The team with more TG members is generally the one with better ogranisation and therefore is winning. If you join the server, and then teamswitch because you "want to play with your mates," you accentuate the problem.

Go you.

The word you are looking for is "Exacerbate".
      'you exacerbate the problem.'

I would take exception to this, because if what you say is true, I should be on the winning team most of the time (seeing how all my freinds are 1337). The truth of the matter is I am not on the winning team most of the time, I am on the winning team about half of the time. Loosing with my mates can be nearly as fun as winning. Something I hope everyone could learn to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post

I would take exception to this, because if what you say is true, I should be on the winning team most of the time (seeing how all my freinds are 1337). The truth of the matter is I am not on the winning team most of the time, I am on the winning team about half of the time. Loosing with my mates can be nearly as fun as winning. Something I hope everyone could learn to enjoy.
        :icon1:

hehe

Haikus are easy.
        But sometimes they don't make sense.
        Refrigerator.

Comment

Accentuate would work here. It can mean to intensify. Really both "exacerbate" and "accentuate" can be used.

I can see where Dirtboy is coming from. A lot of people think that all the IHS's on the same side means that if they join the other side they're going to get trounced. That, to some, makes our great server look bad. At a glance you won't want to join. I can see why he'd want to stop all the team switching. To the unknowing it looks bad... and hey, we gotta worry about what we project to the community.

But as you all know IHS's aren't invincible.

If you play on this server you should be abiding by the rules. You should be adhering to the TG creed. If you do that, you should be able to squad up and get the job done. If the other side is full of the people it should be, then you have 50/50 shot of beating an opposing team full of IHS's. It shouldn't matter then if some of us team switch every now and again.

I do team switch right after I join the first time if I see some mates I want to hook up with.... sometimes.

I guess we all just have to remember what makes this place great. Hook up with your friends sometimes, make new one's others. JUST BE TG WHILE YOU ARE HERE ! Never make this Tactical Gamer community look bad.

Be observant and use your head and you'll know when it's acceptable to team switch.

|

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
            Accentuate would work here. It can mean to intensify. Really both "exacerbate" and "accentuate" can be used.
            I defend my word usage as much as I defend my point :)

Originally posted by DEFINITION
            To stress or emphasize; intensify

Comment

The problem doesn't come when all the IHS is on one team...it's when all the IHS are on one team and the other team is full of incompetent people who either can't shoot, or can't coordinate or a combination of the both, as we saw on Qwai and the end of ejod.

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                The problem doesn't come when all the IHS is on one team...it's when all the IHS are on one team and the other team is full of incompetent people who either can't shoot, or can't coordinate or a combination of the both, as we saw on Qwai and the end of ejod.
                eh, gotta disagree with you on that one. I think most guys in IHS find it a treat to get to play with their friends. Mostly because its a rare thing. Since it doesn't usually happen when they see eachother are on they get together on a team to have a good time. I don't blame them, who doesn't like playing with thier friends...

But, that does make one team have a great deal of coordination and teamwork.

Although one team may have an IHS or a couple IHS on it, the other team can still win through teamwork.
                |TG|
                ||||

Comment

What I'm trying to say is that if a team is full of inexperienced players, verse a team of experienced players, who are constantly attracting the experienced players, something might be up.

Comment

Life isn't fair.

There is no solution to this because it really is more a problem of players gradually migrating from one team to another over the course of several maps than it is a mass migration at one time. A player joins the server and who immediately starts crying foul has no idea what has transpired over the past 4 or 5 maps, they only know what they see when they join as the truth; however, their view of the truth is distorted and an incomplete picture. It could be that the team they are currently on was dominating just a few maps ago.

What's my point? Well, it's been said over and over and over: Just shut up and deal with it! There isn't a solution that is workable, and the admins aren't going to do a whole lot about it because there isn't a good way to do it. Suck it up and play, or take your ball and go home.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
                    |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

You mean Qwai and Ejod last night? You forgot the round of Jabal before that where our IHS-bulging team lost miserably, and on Ejod we were down by tickets for the entire game and the enemy team almost wiped us off the map. We won by 1 ticket. That's incompetence?

We won on Qwai, but not by a landslide, because we managed to hold the US team off at Mine for a while. If we hadn't been able to it would have been a very close round.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

...........Sadly, I concur with disposable.

However, in my last post on the topic, I would just like to say that if you see your opposing team getting completely railed, spare a thought for them and think about switching over the next round.

Sportsmanship...It's still the "TG" way.

Comment

Originally posted by Catraphact View Post
                          ...........Sadly, I concur with disposable.

However, in my last post on the topic, I would just like to say that if you see your opposing team getting completely railed, spare a thought for them and think about switching over the next round.

Sportsmanship...It's still the "TG" way.
                          Sadly????? Is it that painful to agree with me???? :)

Catraphact - I do agree that sportsmanship is the TG way, and I know that everyone who has posted a view in this thread one way or the other also agrees. My point is that players shouldn't just hop into the game, take a look at the rosters on both teams, and immediately cry foul or worse yet come here and post about it.

I know I've switched before when things are ridiculous, but I am less inclined to do so when someone who just joined up starts flaming the other team in chat. We do try to work it out, but there isn't an easy solution because of the auto-balancing, etc.

I guess what everyone needs is a little more patience and a little more understanding of the dynamics behind what they're looking at as "unfair", that's all.

Comment

The only problem I see with having the "TG stack" on one team is that over the course of a couple maps the less TG side will have more people switch in and out for the supporting membership kick, making it harder to stay organized. Other than that I have not seen a disproportionate number of wins for a TG heavy side.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                              What's my point? Well, it's been said over and over and over: Just shut up and deal with it! There isn't a solution that is workable, and the admins aren't going to do a whole lot about it because there isn't a good way to do it. Suck it up and play, or take your ball and go home.
                              I never complain in-game, but since we're having a discussion about it hear, that's where i voiced my opinion. obviously nothing can be done, but issues should still be talked about, even if most of the issues dealing with PR have been brought up too many times.

Comment

I never complain in-game, but since we're having a discussion about it hear, that's where i voiced my opinion. obviously nothing can be done, but issues should still be talked about, even if most of the issues dealing with PR have been brought up too many times.
                                I realize the forums are here to discuss things, and I'm all for it. However, this type of issue is as old as online team-based gaming itself and has been discussed in God-knows how many threads here. I'm sure the same things are discussed on the 2142 forums, the CS:S forums, etc. etc. etc.

There isn't a solution that is feasible to implement, so we're all left wondering why it needs to be brought up over and over and over again? We all acknowledge that it is an issue, but it can't be solved right now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X