Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** Rules change: Fool's Road **

IMPORTANT!

Beginning immediately, the bridge and village on Fool's Road are now considered hostile territory at all times.

What does this mean?

If you are militia, you may attack any vehicles or personnel on the bridge or in the village at any time by whatever means possible. This includes firing upon enemy soldiers that are on the bridge attempting to repair it.

PLEASE DO NOT FIRE INTO THE BRITISH MAIN BASE - UCB RULES STILL APPLY HERE UNTIL THAT FLAG COMES INTO PLAY

If you are the British, this means that you need to drive safely and that you could come under fire as soon as you get onto the bridge or beyond. Engineers attempting to repair damage to the bridge will need protection, as they are now targets.

Why are we making this change?

1) The British already have a major advantage on this map due to the ability to revive fallen soldiers, better weapons, and the ability to rush Helicopter and seriously cripple the Militia advance. Having essentially free passage to the fight is an unnecessary added advantage.

2) It will resolve disputes that take place almost every time this map is played in the rotation.

The admins appreciate your cooperation in this. We do try to listen to feedback from the player community and adapt our rules accordingly. This rule was deemed unnecessary and created more problems than it solved.

Cheers!

Your TG PR admins
    Last edited by disposableHero; 06-30-2008, 04:07 PM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: ** Rules change: Fool's Road **

I'm going to unlock this for a day or two.....

Comment

No grey areas in rules is always good. At least this is easy to follow.

Comment

Remember guys...this does not mean we need 4 "sabotage" squads. Be mindful on what the TEAM needs!
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

This is going to be interesting........it will make the round more interesting, and it will also be interesting to see how many squads want to commit themselves to village and bridge demolitions......it will be a nice change, and I am looking forward to see how it plays out the first few times.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Sorry, but does this mean that players will be able to "camp" the bridge as long as they don't fire into main? (Just so someone doesn't find out the hard way)
            sigpic
            I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by BandaidBandit View Post
              Sorry, but does this mean that players will be able to "camp" the bridge as long as they don't fire into main? (Just so someone doesn't find out the hard way)
              It means the bridge and village are hostile. Take from that what you will.

Comment

Yikes! Thats gonna bring on a lot of frustration for the British. Only a better reason to strap on the boots and hoof it to the next flag rather than use the APCs and Trucks.

Atleast it will get rid of the confusion around Fools Road and the British main.
                |TG|
                ||||

Comment

Finally! Thats all i have to say about that...
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Mwuhahahahaha, let the the rain of rpgs begin

Comment

Good change.
                      But one question on this subject, is the milita flag considered their main aswell as their spawns as i thought no as you cant baserape there they have to acitely travel there, but the again its the flag, could you clarify as yesterday i was walking up the roadside to the flag when i was spotted, i was shot at,, shot back and killed the guy, but then thaught that this might be classed as BR and wanted to clarify.
                      Sorry if i have confused this

Cry Wolf
                      |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Good change :)

defending the bridge and having cool vehicle convoys that need protection is my main enjoyment on fools road!

Comment

I dont like when people attack ucb traffic on any map. At least on another map you could say why dont you avoid the guys sitting outside the main, flank around but its not possible on this map. All there is a boat as an alternative route or walking/swimming.

I guess we'll see how it ends up but my own personal rule is not to engage enemies before their first flag. Means better gameplay imo & applys well to any map.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid.Watcher View Post
                            Mwuhahahahaha, let the the rain of rpgs begin
                            I smell wambush.

| |

Comment

Like Fuzzhead said, this is going to make for some pretty cool looking formations...... Hopefully the rest of the pubbies can handle it.
                              Created by Sonic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X