Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most awesome thing you've done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most awesome thing you've done?

Mine just happened today actually. It was that modified Kashan 64 map with only the 3 helo's and no armor. A friend and I were using the helicopters as flying cow gunships. (I know it's a deep sin of all helicopter pilots, but meh..we were ahead.) We were providing very good fire support around the Bunkers and US Outpost. We also did a couple "Fly over the bunker and I'll drop C4 on it" runs and they worked well. We were also having mini-dogfights with the blackhawks on the other team and the turrets. All in all, it was the funnest thing that I had personally done in a public server.

My second thing was when my first time of commanding came around and we had an epic victory. ;)

You're resident FireFighter/EMT TonkaTruck <3

Re: What's the most awesome thing you've done?

Not enough people using AA :row__535:
    :D

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Just about any of my miracle shots with AA/tanks vs planes and helos. Two i can recall clearly:
      0.6, before AA would lock littlebirds, i was on kashan on the hills between the bunker complex and north village. Littlebird had been strafing my squad spawning on the firebase there and we had no AA gun (they were all deployed elsewhere). So I grabbed shoulder mount AA, walked up on the hilltop, waited for him to come back and shoulder fired without a lock. Littlebird exploded and the wreckage landed less than 5m from me. Needless to say, there was lots of screaming about hacks.

The other was relatively recently (less than a month ago), on kashan again, im gunning a MEC tank up on the north end of the map. Liquid comes in for a low gun run with the A-10 and I put a tank shell right through his windshield. His wreckage skidded to a halt right in front of our tank. It was quite funny.

Comment

Some of the most awesome things I have done have happened recently. I just started to take up the role of squad leader, still a little shaky on most things but getting the hang of it. Anyway, today on Kashan I had a great squad. We were doing some very simple tactics but it was still amazing to see how well it worked.

Playing as USMC, the MEC had set up a firebase South of South Bunker. My squad had been defending the Bunker closest to the South Entrance and were giving the MEC hell before they overwhelmed us. After that I got a helo to drop us off behind the MEC fire base. Using a leapfrog maneuver my squad was able to get to the firebase without one casualty. After taking it out we moved into South Bunker. By then we had lost both bunkers and were defending North Village.

Commander had my squad alone going into the bunker complex. I thought it was a crazy idea, but teamwork and communication were key to our small success. We were able to get into the South Bunker and neutralize it. We held it for a while until a chopper started to chew us up. Overall, that was the best display of teamwork and awesomeness that has ever happened while I was on TG.
        Created by Sonic

Comment

Command a 17-0 loss in the Kashan 64 internal scrimmage on 3/29.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ge-3-29-a.html

Comment

Take down a whole squad on qwai with a knife. I sneak up behind them by using the tall grass (they were all bunched up)... saw that they were lined up behind corner, clearing the corner and ready to go in. Jumped up and knifed the Saw gunner, knifed the medic and started ninja jumping and proneing to cause them to cross fire on eachother and suppress them selves. I don't really remember much past that, just running up to them and knifing them from the sides and stuff.. It was quite amazing.

Beleive it or not...
            listen close
            to the rat-tat-tat-
            as the metal flies,
            we should know as fact:
            that unearthly demons
            are part of our pack,
            and as we engage you
            in battle we pass.

Comment

Pretty cool..... I remember how easy it was to knife people in BF2142 for the tag. I was like rank 13 for a while. On BF2 its a little more complicated with the it hitting on one point.
              But isn't bunnyhopping and prone spamming against the rules??
              Created by Sonic

Comment

"But isn't bunnyhopping and prone spamming against the rules??"

yes it is... But you must realize i could not control my self.. I knowingly walked up to this whole squad with a knife and was too charged up to resist pressing jump multiple times.
                I did not do it too many times... But yea it's against the rules.

I could not resist.... my heart was pounding too much...

i'm sorry.
                listen close
                to the rat-tat-tat-
                as the metal flies,
                we should know as fact:
                that unearthly demons
                are part of our pack,
                and as we engage you
                in battle we pass.

Comment

No problem man... I know exactly how you felt. Its like the adrenaline is already peaked out and you haven't even done anything. By the time that you actually kill someone and have people shooting at you, you go on pure feral instinct. Best feeling in the world.
                  Created by Sonic

Comment

Whenever I see a guy not looking at me I am sooooo tempted to pull out my knife and knife him in the face. But, everytime he turns around at the last second and gives me two in the chest and one in the head. While I'm looking at the black "Your dead" screen I always regret my decision. I should always choose a gun over a sharp pointy thing. I'm not that good with my knife.

The most awsome thing I have ever done is dropped two 500lbs bombs straight on a freindly armoured collum passing by a freindly Firebase. I killed 2 Tanks, 1 AAV, I think 1 APC and almost the Firebase. Very Epic & Very Awkward.

Now I can lauugh at it, but at the time I felt really bad.
                    |TG|
                    ||||

Comment

I think the only thing I have done even remotely close to being awesome is in the previous version of PR, when the rebel SL got an SVD. I was outside east tower and a whole squad of brits where in the grass getting ready to attack. I ran in with my SVD and took out the entire squad.

Now it might not sound that great but it was when I was new to PR and never had a positive kill/ death ratio. Even with taking out that entire squad I still had a negative ratio.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

I actually have quite a bit of awsome moments. None of which I have the BFR files for, since thats how it works on my computer.. ("OMG That round was so awsome, theres no chance Im going to get the BFR file for that!" has become standard in my sentances)

Best sniping.

KORdeamon and I, Qinling, Middle of nowhere outside the Coal Mine flag, Chinese Team.

Took out a total of seven guys at distances of 700-850M. No BFR file, but I have screanshots. His first kill was a total of (From what I remember) 407 points. Mine was around 200. So I gave up on the sniper scoring system.

Best Anti-Air.

I dont do that much.... or ever... that was the one time I did it. Zatar wetlands, no BFR file, 18 kills with the anti-air. Hueys, Cayuses, everything was plummeting. More then not, into teammates unfortunalty. It was a good time.

Thats sort of all I remember, but I can keep going forever.

-Sirsolo
                        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Watching a JDAM hit an F16.
                          http://www.wegame.com/watch/JDAM_kil...in_mid_flight/

Comment

Well, there was this time back in college....

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I remember playing Engineer manning a tank's turret MG on the PLA side on Quai and we keep the tank up and fighting all round long. I think I only got killed once as well.

Might have been the scrimmage with Operation Reality...

I thought that was pretty awesome by my "very average" standards.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X