'B' Key to talk to individual squads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'B' Key to talk to individual squads?

I rebound my v and b key to be opposite (v to talk to squad, B to commander) but when im commander, the only way i find to talk to individual squads is to mute them all, then unmute the one i want to talk to. Whenever i select a squad and press V, nothing happens.
    Am i doing it wrong?

Re: 'B' Key to talk to individual squads?

Pwn3age - as far as I know all you have to do is press the (default) 'v' key to speak to all squads. To speak to a single squad you need to highlight them and press (default) 'b'. If you have bound them differently the principle should still be the same.

Comment

i have to do that same thing! Its really annoying! So, I tend to just talk to the entire team. Which kind of annoys the SL that it doesn't relate to.
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

Originally posted by joe98 View Post
        Pwn3age - as far as I know all you have to do is press the (default) 'v' key to speak to all squads. To speak to a single squad you need to highlight them and press (default) 'b'. If you have bound them differently the principle should still be the same.
        Yes, and it doesnt work!

Comment

Why not just leave the buttons as they are? AFAIK it's like Joe98 said, but maybe they didn't program it for rebinding the keys...
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

That could very be the problem, i have my Sq Voip button for F, and command default. If b was my defualt maybe it would work, but i need to have easy acces to squad chat while i'm SL so it's a sacrifice I'm willling to make.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
              Why not just leave the buttons as they are? AFAIK it's like Joe98 said, but maybe they didn't program it for rebinding the keys...
              Because the default sucks and you can bind keys in the game so it should work.

I have had the V key work, then not work and then work again over the several patches so I do not know what the issue is. Maybe the OP could rebind the keys when commanding to the default for the voice comms?
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I bound my squad chat to my side mouse button, and that button also works for communicating to individual squads when I'm CO'ing. I didn't change voip to CO, it's still V.

Are you 100% certain it doesn't work pwnage, or are people just ignoring you/not listening/not bothering to respond?

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                  I bound my squad chat to my side mouse button, and that button also works for communicating to individual squads when I'm CO'ing. I didn't change voip to CO, it's still V.

Are you 100% certain it doesn't work pwnage, or are people just ignoring you/not listening/not bothering to respond?
                  Common ailement when it comes to me speaking...
                  "Guys! Enemy tank, 150 deg!"
                  10 mins later...
                  "DAMNIT PWN3GE YOU WERE TOLD TO WATCH THERE WHY DIDNT YOU TELL US"

I asked over chat if the SL could hear me, he said no. I was shouting into my mic and that point.

Comment

I have at times experianced a 'Commander to Squad Voip Bug'
                    I use the default B and V keys for ingame voip and occasionally I cannot talk to just the squad I have highlighted, its like talking to a wall. Ive posted something in the PR Testers forums regarding this bug, but it got no responses.. Try posting about this in the PR BUGS FORUM and see if you get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by pwn3ge106 View Post
                      I rebound my v and b key to be opposite (v to talk to squad, B to commander) but when im commander, the only way i find to talk to individual squads is to mute them all, then unmute the one i want to talk to. Whenever i select a squad and press V, nothing happens.
                      Am i doing it wrong?

Goat has (or at least had) the same problem. Works correctly in POE but not in PR.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

It's not just a "Commander to Squad" bug. On occasion my voip will just stop working regardless of my position in game, necessitating a restarting of BF2.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                          It's not just a "Commander to Squad" bug. On occasion my voip will just stop working regardless of my position in game, necessitating a restarting of BF2.
                          Oh! what you have to do, is go to the manage tab, then click on your voip icon. It doesnt say you're muted, but it'll unmute you.

Comment

It randomly mutes you?
                            |TG-6th|Belhade
                            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

remember, there is NO symbol or icon at all indicating the "b" button is working in the commander map. Why DICE chose to not give a symbol for this is beyond me, I think they just forgot about it or figured the feature would never be used (which they are correct when it comes to vbf2 but not PR).

Also you HAVE to be in the commander screen when using it.

Next time you go commander, do a VOIP check with V key, see who responds, and then do a simular VOIP check with the B key to the squad that responded to your original V key. If they dont respond, then we know its some weird problem you have with the B key in command screen.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X