Teamspeak overlay-- great tool.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak overlay-- great tool.

Teamspeak overlay is a handy little tool used in-game when on teamspeak, where you can see what teamspeak channel you're in, whos talking, the time, and even your FPS!
    Heres a quick install guide for BF2 i rigged up, becuase you have to mess with some options.
    1.If you have Vista, stop now. It doesnt work with vista yet D:.
    2. go to this URL: http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/
    3. Scroll down to Where can i download TSO?
    4. Download from the link in the GREEN box.
    5.When the download is finished, run through the install...
    6.When its done, open up the program (i dont think it makes shortcuts, so open it with start>all programs.
    7.Go to options.
    8. In the general Tab, put in your TS nick name. For example, mine would be Pwn3ge106.
    9.Then go to the 'Debug' Tab, and check 'use alternative directX method'
    10. In Displays, mess around with the settings to your liking.
    11.Now, press done.
    12.Exit the program.
    13. Open TS, connect to a server.
    14. Open up TSO, press enable.
    15.Open up Project reality, and you should now see the text from TSO in the designated part of your screen!
    16. ~EL FIN~

Hope this makes your life easier!

Re: Teamspeak overlay-- great tool.

Great in concept - but ultimately it's hit or miss. Out of the PR testers group it only worked for maybe 50% of us.

Don't be surprised if it fails hard.
    Skud

Comment

For BF2 You have to use the alternitive direct X tool for it to work.--
      But it still may fail hard for some.

Comment

I used to use it but it lagged me like hell, so i decided to learn people's voices

Comment

Yeah, I just know people's voices. After playing with them for a week I can ID them.
          |TG|
          ||||

Comment

Step one, if you have Vista, not only stop, but upgrade to XP NOW!!!! *Head exploshon*

I had Vista for a while.. *Shudder*

I dont really like Teamspeak with PR anymore, since the Voip ingame and the Voip from TS get really messy...

-Sirsolo

P.S. I found the * Button on the Hungrian keyboard! Yay! Its Right-alt...plus ? button!
            |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

TS overlay does not work for me, no matter what. I instead use another monitor, I'm sure most people have an extra CRT lying around, it works great for things like TS to see who's talking.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                Great in concept - but ultimately it's hit or miss. Out of the PR testers group it only worked for maybe 50% of us.

Don't be surprised if it fails hard.
                Yep, TS Overlay did not like my nVidia graphics card and made everything crappy looking, while lagging me to hell.

Comment

I've tried TSO once or twice, never got it to work properly. It's just a framerate reducer.
                  |TG-6th|Belhade
                  "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                    TS overlay does not work for me, no matter what. I instead use another monitor, I'm sure most people have an extra CRT lying around, it works great for things like TS to see who's talking.
                    I've tried this but the TS window doesn't keep focused on the channel your in, it seems to jump around to other channels that have people leaving/joining.
                    Luckly TSO works perfectly for me with no FPS reduction or glithes.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                      I run 2 monitors and have TS open in the small one, but I cant use it to see who is talking because it allways scrolls to whatever channel was the last one someone joined.. How do you keep it from doing this??

Instead I use a program that works with my G15 Display so I can see who is talking.

Comment

Pancho: short answer is that you cant stop the scrolling. Thats the bane of using teamspeak. Even if you minimize all the other channels, they'll open back up and scroll if someone joins.

Also: dont bash vista if you dont know what you're talking about please. I've been using vista for almost two years on four different computers in my house and have yet to have any of the variety of problems that most people seem to have. My conclusion is that everyone else is simply doing something wrong. In addition, you cant blame vista for not working with TSO. TSO hasnt been updated in what, 3 years? If the developer of the program doesnt want to keep up with technology, thats his problem, not microsoft's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post

Also: dont bash vista if you dont know what you're talking about please. I've been using vista for almost two years on four different computers in my house and have yet to have any of the variety of problems that most people seem to have. My conclusion is that everyone else is simply doing something wrong. In addition, you cant blame vista for not working with TSO. TSO hasnt been updated in what, 3 years? If the developer of the program doesnt want to keep up with technology, thats his problem, not microsoft's.
                          Ferris, you are my new hero for the day. I am so sick of clueless people complaining that their lives were ruined by Vista. I have been happy with Vista64 since OCT.

I also use the dual monitor setup with an old 15" LCD for Teamspeak. Have the same problem as Poncho and everyone else.

Also, I spent some time looking around on the TSO site, and there are people using it with vista just fine.

http://forum.qbnut.com/viewtopic.php?p=3175#p3175

here is what the dev says:

1/ The installer states that TSO doesn't work with Windows Vista, but TSO will still install and work in XP compatibility mode - this is very much intentional - TSO really isn't fully compatible with Windows Vista
                          So it is possible. But just not worth it if you have an already slow computer.

And as stated above, running a dual monitor setup is so easy. You can find free CRT monitors posted every day in the paper or on craigslist.com
                          I have even given a couple away there and sold a 19" for $15. When the cable guy came to hook up my cable last week and saw my set-up, he got really interested and had a bunch of questions on how he could do the same. Said he was going to get a 2nd monitor on his way home from work so he could do it.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Punk Buster also doesn't like TSO
                            :(

sometimes they don't play nicely together...
                            |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X