stellar job to the 10th guys flying on kashan 16 tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stellar job to the 10th guys flying on kashan 16 tonight

This was by far Air transport at its finest......and it came from guy's who normally hit the dirt running....though i know cougar enjoys being on his stomach most of the time.

i will try to write up an AAR, though i need to remember a kashan 16 match and qwai match from last week as well but great job tonight on kashan 16, ristin, mcgann, cougar, and anyone i missed.....excellent teamwork.

you guys did awesome, even though we experienced some technical difficulties with some players on our team who were devout leet snipers and who didn't quite understand teamwork but you really held it down tonight and were able to give support to boston bobs squad and another player who i can't quite remember, thank you, i wish i was good at making videos because yours should be a how-to video of providingtransport/air support, with the sea-hawk, not bad for grunts who usually are on the ground.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: stellar job to the 10th guys flying on kashan 16 tonight

yeah i was CO of the MEC team and my guys were complaining about seahawks over north village.

fun round, shame there are always "technical difficulties" or else the round might have been much tighter

Comment

Thanks dude, it was a blast

X-Posted from over at the 10th forum
      Originally posted by Portable.Cougar
      Most raddest tras helo round of all

Chopper 1

- |TG-X| Ristin Pilot
      - |TG-X| Portable.Cougar Door Gunner, C-4 dropper, Wrench
      - |TG-X| McGain Door Gunner (SAW and Mini), C-4 dropper, wrench
      - |TG-X| Bamboo Bad ass

Chopper 2

- |TG-X| Cola Pilot
      - Chrisweb Slam and C-4 bomber, Door gunner expert
      - |TG-X| Slurm Cola Engi

With Randys great Comanding we were able to stay on task all round. Props to him for numerous CAS markers and great intel.

Ristin really suprised the heck out of me, dude can fly a chopper.

Great times were had by all.
      Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 07-08-2008, 02:52 AM.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Ribbons gents, RIBBONS! Get the nominations going, hell, i would love some, and im sure everyone else would, lol, so keep the nominations going folks, anyone you see on the server doing a good job, show them your appreciation!

Comment

Since thats like the 3rd time I've had a chance to fly in PR, it was one of best times I've had playing PR to date.

Comment

How'd you guys make good use of the choppers as CAS? I've tried flying a CAS Blackhawk as such, and had very little luck hitting, and I don't think I've ever seen a C4 drop work.

Comment

Knowing the details of your target before hand would probably help most, dont expect too much success from cruising round searching for a target.
              C4 drop is akin to pin the tail on the donkey
              Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 07-11-2008, 06:31 PM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                How'd you guys make good use of the choppers as CAS? I've tried flying a CAS Blackhawk as such, and had very little luck hitting, and I don't think I've ever seen a C4 drop work.
                You definately have to know when to fly in, and when to GTFO. Your chances of surviving would increase a lot. Plus, you have to have people who can actually *use* the Minigun.

Comment

What's the trick, though? Do you have the chopper fly low? What distance from the target works best, and what movement speed?

Comment

The closer the better I guess but then Im reminded of the time I blew up the merlin with the big red truck :D

On TG I believe there is an unwritten rule that c4 drop should only be done on statics not vehicles or infantry

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                      What's the trick, though? Do you have the chopper fly low? What distance from the target works best, and what movement speed?
                      Usually the closer, the better, depending on if your gunner can shoot or not, and usually you want to fly as slow, and as steady as possible. You shouldnt be engaging your target for more than 15 to 30 seconds.

Comment

...before a 50 cal or RPG gets a bead on you, yeah. It's hairy enough just spraying from 500 meters, flying low and steady could get nasty.

I hadn't heard about this unwritten rule, especially given the rarity of actually seeing a successful C4 drop. I'm not sure I see why, though. With a 5 second fuse, a risky approach and a drop that requires a lot of coordination and careful aim on the part of the crew, it seems like it has more than enough drawbacks to make it impractical versus moving and heavily armed targets.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X