Players Decide Week (idea...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players Decide Week (idea...)

Can we have a forum thread and vote on "favorite maps" and then play them for a week in the order they were voted? I find myself disconnecting lately due to 3 brutal maps in a row (I think it goes Jabaal then Kashaan and then Kufra Oilfields which is usually a 4-5 hour server snoozefest).

Maybe we could play the faster maps twice as often as the big slow maps? Assault on Mestia usually only lasts 30 minutes compared to a 2 hour Kashaan. Now, is that fair to those poor rebel militants stuck on that Serbian hillside? I think not...
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: Players Decide Week (idea...)

Currently, early on the rotation looks like this:

Jabal, Al Kufrah, Qwai, Qinling, Kashan. I agree with Warehouse; pretty brutal.
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

those 5 maps are probably atleast 10 hours. I like Qwai though :)
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

Yeah i agree 100%. It will lifen things up around here. That and Qwai river freakin rocks!

Warehouse you missed alot last night on Kashan. Chrisweb and myself were in the china attack bird and raped the LB's. Total score.....20-0
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I really think the issue here is not the maps that are played (considering we have almost all the maps on the list), but the order they are played in.

For example, with every new map list, I tend the catch the same maps every time I get on to play, considering I get on PR around the same time period most days. I've noticed many other regulars complaining about this too, especially noticeable when they are on to catch Kashan Desert twice in the same night.

Currently, I'm missing out on alot of maps I enjoy because they're all bunched up together at the beginning of the list. (But that's a personal problem, you can't tailor maplists to peoples' playing times.)

| |

Comment

Perhaps we could categorize all the maps and plan out maplists, with maps tagged desert/forest, urban, quick, long, armor/asset, infantry, and by factions. Then they can be set up with, for example, a large asset-heavy forest map (Qinling) followed by a smaller forest map (Mestia) then an asset-heavy desert map, say Al Kufrah, then the large infantry version of Kashan...then a few chinese maps, like Ghost Train (forest) and Sunset City (urban)...etc. It would also help prepare for more theme nights.

If I could find my Office disk, I'd be working on a spreadsheet already.
            |TG-6th|Belhade

Comment

I'd prefer more infantry based maps. I wouldn't mind if the Kashan 64 map was removed in favor for that modifed Kashan 16 with just the transport choppers and trucks and .50 cal vehicles.

I personally don't like armor maps as it's hard as hell as a infantry squad to fight back.

You're resident FireFighter/EMT TonkaTruck <3

Comment

Originally posted by TheTonkaTruck View Post
                I'd prefer more infantry based maps. I wouldn't mind if the Kashan 64 map was removed in favor for that modifed Kashan 16 with just the transport choppers and trucks and .50 cal vehicles.

I personally don't like armor maps as it's hard as hell as a infantry squad to fight back.
                What? Kashan 16 is just Trans helis, trucks and ".50 cal vehicles." Not modified...

But I agree. Infantry rules. We should resurrect infantry night and do that again. Maybe make it a monthly/weekly thing.

Or bring back scenario night. I heard of a "Operation Tampax" that never made it to the field.
                Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                  What? Kashan 16 is just Trans helis, trucks and ".50 cal vehicles." Not modified...
                  He's referring to the "old" Kashan 16 which was comprised of just the bunker complex. I don't know when it changed... .75 maybe?
                  |TG-6th|Belhade

Comment

Sounds like our recent Infantry Only Night was the perfect event for you.

Eh, personally what made my week was the incredible teamwork and coordination that existed during the earlier PW Nights. I would like to see more events as well as the comeback of PW Nights on an impromptu basis.

Belhade made me think of a suggestion: Theme/Campaign Nights, where all the maps with a certain faction would be played so we can follow that faction's path the victory or defeat. We could even write up a storyline to tie everything in :D

Example:

The Chinese PLA Campaign
                    The PLA Forces are fighting for control of the river Qwai, following it's winding path through many areas diverse in climate and geography.

Maps for PLA Campaign Night:
                    • Qwai River (of course)
                    • Road to Kyongan'Ni
                    • 7 Gates
                    • Bi Ming
                    • Operation Ghost Train

| |

Comment

Get a decent A-10 or Su-25 pilot on TS with infantry Squad Leaders and the armour pinning your squad down will be in 1000 pieces.
                      |TG|
                      ||||

Comment

How about a break from the bloody Kashan Desert..

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                          Agree...

I don't really like Kashan that much and find it way over played.

Maybe its just me.
                          |TG|
                          ||||

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                            ... and Jabal and Kufrah too.

|

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
                              ... and Jabal and Kufrah too.
                              I don't find Jabal or Kufrah to be played nearly as often as Kashan. Its always in the rotation, most of the time twice, with 16 and 64. But, I really don;t think the rotation will change much. Its still the same maps we've playing a billion times, were just playing them in a different order. I like any rotation as long as it includes my favorite maps.
                              |TG|
                              ||||

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...