Last Man Standing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Man Standing

Have you ever found yourself in the unenviable position of being the sole survivor from your squad in hostile territory? Or, as a squad leader, seen your men get wiped out except for the one fellow who kept his head down (maybe too much)?
    Cower and hide
    10.96%
    Run for it
    5.48%
    Pull out your knife and find some shoulderblades to plant it in
    6.85%
    Throw all your grenades, fire all your bullets, make as much noise and damage as possible
    30.14%
    Forget what team you're on and try to join the enemy squad
    2.74%
    Improvise
    43.84%
    Last edited by Belhade; 07-12-2008, 11:22 AM. Reason: new poll
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Re: Last Man Standing

Hide and fall back to the regroup unless there is a target of opportunity. I voted improvise since it depends on the situation.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Basically, i try to find a way to die trying to do something useful if the map is largish. If I can regroup with my squad due to the size of the map, I'll try to hold position and slowly meet up with them.

Comment

I chose "Throw all your grenades, fire all your bullets, make as much noise and damage as possible," because that is the closest thing I think there is on that list to "Rambo." It was that or "Improvise"

But really, when I am a sole survivor, I try to kill as many as I can before I go down. Staying in one place and hiding isn't going to do much good, and they will find you/grenade you eventually.

If I am doing spec ops, however, then I run for it, partially because I don't want to give my kit to the enemy, but also because I can do much more damage if they think I'm gone. I did that yesterday on Sunset City- CryWolf and I were doing spec ops (blowing TOWs, CPs, the bridge), Crywolf went down, I hid under the bridge, an enemy found me, I killed him, and ran as far away as I could. The US then capped all three flags, so it was me an a TF21 player left. I managed to knife a rally and kill a couple guys before I went down.
        Waldo II

Comment

Improvise - if I'm SL then I will generally try and get back to where my men have respawned (or meet them half way). If I'm not the SL then I'll do what the SL says (get to this position so we can meet up again, carry on defending until you die, try and die ASAP so we can attack a different position etc.)
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

i voted improvise, as said above, depends on the situation. Just search for the VIPs (Squad Leader and/or Medic). Most cases it's best to go down swinging, but some cases u can fall back, flank, and get a couple knife kills.
            sigpic
            I'm Back.

Comment

I usually go out Rambo style with maximum impact. Enough grenades, smoke and bullets may cause the enemy to think there's a larger force there and cause them to fall back and regroup, or at least sow confusion.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Pop smoke, blow off a couple of mags and leg it back towards the RP...

Comment

if my squad gets wiped out doing something stupid and i am the sole survivor i usually change squads...
                  |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Honestly, i just try to kill as much as i can before i die

Comment

If im sl ill hide and wait for my squad to reenforce me, if im sm i will do whatever i can to hinder the other team, i.e. improvise

Comment

I voted improvise because it really does change based on the situation. If I'm the SL, I'll usually advise the squad mate to hold on until we can back him up again if I give him any directives at all. However, if it's me that's survived, I generally do my best not to die, or failing that, to do as much damage as I can before I get shot in the face. In both cases, the best response is to send as much "BLAM" in the enemy's direction as possible. It's easier to escape the enemy if they're hiding from a rain of smoke and grenades.

Of course, if I have a limited kit like a sniper rifle or heavy AT, I pop smoke, try to force whoever saw me into cover, and then run like hell and hope they're too timid to catch up in time.

Comment

I spend my time huddling in the panic room on Mestia and frantically screaming for backup.

Comment

I analyze the situation carefully, then come up an elaborate plan of action which preferably involves much Irregular1337specopzortactics.

Whether the plan survives the first contact, however, is solely up to how ninja I'm feeling.

| |

Comment

Suicide-charge to take out as many enemies as possible.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X