Connection problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection problems

I have been having intermittent connection errors. every 1-2 min for 5-8 seconds I can not do anything. At first I noticed it only on the TG PR server but I tried others out and I have been having connection errors with all PR servers. I have ruled out my router because I connected directly to my cable modem and this error is still occurring. It has been getting worse recently i.e. I have been starting to get kicked because I time out. I even tried uninstalling BF2 and PR and reinstalled them on a different drive. I had comcast come out to check the cable modem but they said everthing was fine. (He may be forced to lie under company policy cause I had him switch out my DVR cause it had big recording errors, the "new" one he gave me is just as bad.)

All of my file downloads are fine.
    anyone have a suggestion?
    [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Re: Connection problems

are you on wireless?
    if so, i have a solution for you.

Comment

nope. I am on a wired connection. in fact I just bought a brand new network cable. ( the problem was occurring before I bought the new cable so that isn't the problem.
      [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
      -Mark Twain

Comment

hmmm...dont know what to tell you then. the only time i've ever seen that happen is with wireless connections.

Comment

Does this happen with other games? It smells like a Punkbuster validation query is stalling the game while it determines whether or not you're playing legitimately.

Comment

reminds me of when i got a connection problem taking the f-16 off in Keshan a week or so ago... right into the wall (i think lol)
            /wireless

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
              Does this happen with other games? It smells like a Punkbuster validation query is stalling the game while it determines whether or not you're playing legitimately.
              I dont think it happens with other games but I have tried updating it manually before I uninstalled and re installed BF2 and PR and it did not help. I downloaded the PBsetup.exe and added BF2 then updated. should I do it a different way?
              [sigpic]

sigpic

-Mark Twain

Comment

Have you tried going through the Project Reality forums? It helps alot, even to just know you're not the only one out there having a problem.

Here is the link to Lag and Shuttering Problems:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ed-memory.html

Of course in the forum there are alot of issues either fixed/standard methods in how to try to resolve them, or trying to be fixed. So it's a good place to start; as I say, you may find yourself not the only one with this problem.

The Forums can be found here:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/

Look under, PR Help and Hardware Issues.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X