Whats POE? the mod..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats POE? the mod..?

Hi Folks..I post this here because playing with PR members for a little while I respect your opinion or Point of view...

Whats is Point of Existence mod? How does it differ or improve on PR? Or whats the difference???

Thanks
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Whats POE? the mod..?

PoE is more like vanilla battlefield, focus on fast paced action rather than long drawn out strategy. Definatly more of a twitch shooter ;)

Comment

I have to agree with Rafter here. Though I just played POE2 for the first time last night, I can't help but have a feel of "bum-rushing" and "twitch" to shoot kind of gameplay going on. It's a very excellent mod in terms of visual display, stability, and variety, but the kind of gameplay is just not for me.

| |

Comment

Let me direct you to other threads on this subject. Hopefully the comments there will give you some idea but at the least I will recomend you give PoE2 a try. We have a new release coming out very soon. Hope to see you in the server sometime.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...pular-mod.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...questions.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...d-but-one.html

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-purchase.html
        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

POE2 is a great mod, great graphics, nice map layouts, nice new toys, all the works of a great mod! Just have to get more peeps to play :)

But without a doubt, try it! It is free after all :)

Comment

I would also say try it out, but it is very different from PR. VERY DIFFERENT.

It is about good enought that EA could have called it BF2 cause it feels very much like vanilla BF2. Same feeling to me of little teamwork overall in most rounds I have played it. Flags go up and down in like 10 sec., and go up and down all map. And back up. And back down..............and back up.............and down.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

True Bamboo, it is NOT PR....it is not as tactical....but it is a way better production than vBF2. They have some very innovative modes, vehicles, and more....it is definitely worth a try....let's get more people playing!

Comment

Another one: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...ty-6-99-a.html

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post

If you've ever wondered why our two BF2 mods, Point of Existence 2 and Project Reality, are such huge hits here at TG, now is a great time to find out first hand! BF2 is now just $6.99 (!!!) from Amazon.com (via TG)!! (Both mods are free downloads) Go ahead and get yourself an early Christmas present!!

PoE2 is based in modern times and features a conflict between Ukraine and U.N.-representatives, Germany and the United States. The full context for the war can be found here. Basically, Ukraine, seeking to regain power it held when it was part of the Soviet Union, invaded neighboring country Belarus. Within weeks they had crushed the Belorussian resistance and neighboring countries began to wonder if they were as vulnerable to occupation as Belarus had been.

The U.N. liberation plan consisted of a massive airborne assault and armored spear head from Poland. The German forces would rush to Kiev in the heart of the country, while the United States protected their northern flank from the Ukrainian troops based in Belarus. On a dim night in September, the invasion of Ukraine was started.

"This aint your grandma's BF2" - Every vehicle and weapon in PoE2 is completely new - the models, vehicle dynamics, and weapon damage systems are all custom. The design philosophy was to avoid 'mirroring' - where vehicles and weapons for all factions would be have equal performance. Instead, the entire game system was designed to take advantage rock-paper-scissors balancing.

For example, while one faction's APC may have superior speed and maneuverability, the other has amphibious capabilities. One fighter may be more nimble, but the opposition has faster get-away speed with it's larger afterburner. One attack helo flies like a loaded dumptruck, but it's armor keeps it in the air - the other is agile and fast, but lacks staying power.

Or for infantry kit balance, consider the medic's kit: the Ukraine medic carries an iron-sighted AK-74u with great stopping power and full auto; the German medics carry G36k's that aren't as powerful but have nice optics; and the US medics carry an iron sighted M16, with burst or semi fire modes and laser like accuracy.

This philosophy is also reflected in map design, where both sides often have very different resources with which to complete their objectives. For example, sometimes one force will have close air support available, while the other will not - instead starting with great defensive positioning and anti-air equipment.

Gameplay - Point of Existence 2 is a squad based game with up to 6 players per squad, and 31 players per team. It has built-in VOIP between squad members only, and a seperate channel for comms between each Squad Leader and the 'Commander'. The pace of the game is slower than vanilla BF2 or 2142, and slightly faster than ArmA and Project Reality. The main reason for this (in addition to the accuracy/lethality of weapons), is that there are no "all seeing eye" devices (Satelite Scan or UAV) in the game to reveal enemy units on your minimap. This opens the door for some great tactical squad maneuvering - It's now possible to quietly flank entrenched defenders and infiltrate enemy territory while maintaining the element of surprise! Expected heated, chaotic firefights and CQB tactics in urban environments like Odessa and Port Yalta. You'll need to be slow and low in the dense jungles of Fallen and when patrolling the frozen forest of Spies Like Us. There's really something for everyone.

Objectives - The main game-mode played on the TG server is called conquest. In this mode, each side tries to hold a majority of Capture Points throughout the map. Holding more flags than the other team causes them to 'bleed' tickets. (Each death also costs your team one ticket.) If one team looses all their tickets, they loose the round. If the round time expires (45-minute rounds), the team with more of their tickets remaining wins.

Ukranian squads defending three of five flags on the map Spies Like Us.

Maps - There are currently 29 custom maps for PoE2. They support a wide variety of game play styles. There are infantry-only maps in both urban and deep-forest environments; combined-arms maps in forest, snow, mountain, and urban settings that feature armor, infantry, and close air-support; there are also several assault maps where one side is invading from offshore. The latest version of PoE2, v2.1, featured six new maps, all of which are quite epic to play. For more details on the available maps, check out the manual.

How to get started - Here's a quick overview of everything you need to get rolling. If you have any trouble, stop by the PoE2 forum and we'll get you sorted out!

Comment

Great Info...I will give her a shot... Thanks
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

You're all wrong, it's a famous writer!

Comment

Old school POE screenshots

Fighting in a graveyard, awesome :row__587:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X