No announcement yet.

Is PunkBuster really working on PR TG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is PunkBuster really working on PR TG?

I've been playing BF since BF1942 ,and have seen alot of things.

PR by far is the best in Teamplay and strategy that I have ever seen.

And since it is so realistic alot of times you don't see the whole picture and might come to the conculsion that it was a hack. This honest whole hearted decision can be a big mistake.

Maybe he's better then you, better pc, maybe it was lag. The list can go on & on for what really went down.

I also play alot on other servers other then Tg (BTW TG is my favorite) ,and I see people constantly getting kicked for hacks via PB on these servers.

So my question is:

Why don't we see people getting banned or kicked for hacks like the other servers via PB?

Thanks, RedBull

Re: Is PunkBuster really working on PR TG?

Well, I'd imagine that A) the majority of players that are going to hack, have already been banned from Tactical Gamer, and B) Punkbuster isn't an effective-immediately system, and since Tactical Gamer is staffed fairly regularly with admins, hackers fear the banhammer will come much more swiftly there.

I'm probably wrong on both counts, and TG could also update a ban-list via punksbusted.com or similar sites. Methinks, though, that they're just afraid of Dirtboy.

In response to the original question, though, yes, Punkbuster is working on Tactical Gamer, as can be evidenced by the mass kicks it issues when our client version makes the mighty PB gods angry.

Comment

Yeh punk buster definantly works. But it is abit weird when people get insta prone full auto headshot from 1 mile away :) lol
      PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_the_bad View Post
        Yeh punk buster definantly works. But it is abit weird when people get insta prone full auto headshot from 1 mile away :) lol
        Has that actually ever happened to you on the TG server though? I've never come across that on there so far.

Bit of a myth perhaps?

Comment

I always thought that its pointless cheating on PR, the most kills dosent usualy win i kno ive been 10-15 kills ahead and still not got in top 3 because its about teamwork n theres no cheat for that and PR is not ranked so whats the point rly?

Comment

We are looking at potential PB issues with our server now due to the large number opf players getting kicked recently, but so far we have come up empty. And yes punkbuster does work :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Perhaps its because the hackers know that they WILL be kicked/banned and its not worth their time. I know if i were a hacker i wouldnt even bother trying to hack on TG because i would be on the server for 45 seconds top. That would be a 45 seconds i would never get back.
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

somehow I have now gotten the punkbuster problem......getting kicked for handshake problem. very weird.
                "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me".

-Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Major NameHack Problem Link to PR forums, today.

Comment

Scope,

If PB isn't a effective-immediately system ,then why do I see people getting kicked or ban immediately via PB on other servers?

The immediate PB ban will even say what hack # they were banned for. I always get a chuckle when I see one. lol

I'm just curious as to why we don't see any in game messages about PB bans on TG. Maybe its a server side option or something to choose wheter or not to display the PB text? Or maybe I've just never been around when one is displayed.

Comment

It Could Be that Disconects arent displayed in PR, allthough Kicks are, just a thought.

Comment

Nope. Next time you have a squaddie leave, note the fact that it says "so and so has disconnected" up in the top left of your screen.

Comment

Originally posted by =RedBull0808= View Post
                          Scope,

If PB isn't a [sic] effective-immediately system ,then why do I see people getting kicked or ban [sic] immediately via PB on other servers?
                          Punkbuster works on a latency-light system that usually takes 5-10 mins (in my recollection, it's been awhile) to check and boot a player. You can tell it takes a while for PB to find a problem since most of our recent handshaking problems take a few minutes to kick in, and kick us out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            Nope. Next time you have a squaddie leave, note the fact that it says "so and so has disconnected" up in the top left of your screen.
                            I've noticed that it doesn't always display the person's name, don't know how often this happens though...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X