The PR Bible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PR Bible

This is my official "PR Bible". It will contain everything important you need to know in order to survive on the battlefield. As you can see it is not finished. I will continue to add more info.

These Layouts are made by my experience to best suit the situation on the battlefield and the needs of the SL

Squad Layouts

Multipurpose/Balanced
    - SL w/Officer Kit
    - Medic
    - Automatic Rifleman
    - Engineer
    - Rifleman AT
    - Anti Air

Heavy
    - SL w/Officer Kit
    - Automatic Rifkeman
    - Rifleman AT
    - Anti Tank/Heavy AT
    - Medic
    - Rifleman AT

Mechanized
    - SL w/Officer Kit
    - Crewman
    - Crewman
    - Engineer
    - Rifleman
    - Automatic Rifleman

Special Operations
    - SL w/Officer Kit
    - Spec Ops
    - Spec Ops
    - Medic
    - Medic
    - Rifleman (Ironsights)

Reconaissance
    - SL w/Officer Kit
    - Sniper
    - Marksman
    - Rifleman (ACOG)
    - Spec Ops
    - Rifleman (ACOG)

Airborne
    - SL w/Officer Kit
    - Pilot
    - Engineer
    - Automatic Rifleman
    - Rifleman
    - Grenadier

Tips and Tactics
    • When repairing vehicles always do it from the side to prevent getting run over from the front or rear
    • Keep in mind that tank turrets take 30 second to warm up so to minimize the chance of being engaged first wait for the turret to warm before moving out
    • A team with a commander has a better chance of winning than a team without one
    • Each squad should always consist of one or two medics
    • A squad leader should always have a officer kit when possible to set rally points
    • Do not use vehicles or weapons just becuase of your admiration for it, think about the current situation and choose something that will benefit the team
    • If you want to get on top of high buildings make sure you have a spec ops kit with a grappling hook handy. It is a lot more convenient and clandestine than inserting with a heli
    • If engaged in a firefight where the enemy has a big advantage, lets say outnumbered or outgunned use some smoke grenades and get the hell outta there cause in Project Reality, purple hearts are useless and your courage is not worth the casualties :)
    • When engaged in a firefight always try to flank unsuspecting enemies
    • Be aware of your surroundings, they can give you a great advantage
    • If you want to get somewhere blocked by a wall, a well placed C4 will do the trick
    • Tankers remember that armor piercing rounds will only scare infantry, use heat rounds and coaxial to wipe the opposing force of the face of this earth!!
    • Knifes can be very lethal in close quarters urban enviroments
    • Medics make sure you use field dressings and your first aid kit 99% more than your rifle
    Last edited by Barrel Chest; 07-18-2008, 03:32 PM.

Re: The PR Bible

intresting and informative. Good Post
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

okay post but I do disagree with you on some points, I will explain why below.

Originally posted by |TG|Barrel Chest View Post
      Special Operations
      - SL w/Officer Kit
      - Spec Ops
      - Spec Ops
      - Medic
      - Medic
      - Rifleman (Ironsights)
      No, way too many in the squad. I would say three at the most. when doing special operations you do not want to be seen, therefore if you are seen you have failed already, therefore there is no need for the medics. Also you only need one spec ops kit, leave the other for the rest of the team since the might need it. So my squad would include the squadleader, spec ops and a rifleman, optics or not doesn't matter.

Reconaissance
      - SL w/Officer Kit
      - Sniper
      - Marksman
      - Rifleman (ACOG)
      - Spec Ops
      - Rifleman (ACOG)
      Again you do not want to get into contact whit the enemy unless at long ranges. A spec ops could be useful for the hook and also some demowork might be needed. the sniper no give him his own squad drop one of the riflemen then you have the officer, marksman and a rifleman/spec ops. again a three man squad. the reason for three men squads in these situations is that you do not want to be seen, three people are harder to see and therefore you should minimize the size.

Airborne
      - SL w/Officer Kit
      - Pilot
      - Engineer
      - Automatic Rifleman
      - Rifleman
      - Grenadier
      A good squad but as a commander I would prefer that all my heloes are in one squad and not split out on the different squads. Also as a squad leader I would prefer the extra rifle. Other then that its a good layout.

If engaged in a firefight where the enemy has a big advantage, lets say outnumbered or outgunned use some smoke grenades and get the hell outta there cause in Project Reality, purple hearts are useless and your courage is not worth the casualties :)
      NO get your squad better organised and get to cover and you should be able to do the job. If there is no cover throw smoke but it should only be a last resort.

[*] When engaged in a firefight always try to flank unsuspecting enemies
      Not always... this is because if you always try and flank people will expect that, take a look at the situation and if it calls for a flank do it, if its not needed dont do it pubs get tired of too much maneuvering.

[*] Knifes can be very lethal in close quarters urban enviroments
      No never knife people, only if its snipers or you dont have anymore ammo.

[*] Medics make sure you use field dressings and your first aid kit 99% more than your rifle
      STAY OUT OF MY SQUAD, NONONO a soldier is a rifleman first and a medic second!!!

Now just where I disagree with you, if you would give me some more reasons for your views I might not have posted this, but you can not just say thats the way its done without comming with an explanation.
      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
        okay post but I do disagree with you on some points..
        Some points, huh?

Comment

"STAY OUT OF MY SQUAD, NONONO a soldier is a rifleman first and a medic second!!!."

I disagree with you. A dead medic is a useless medic. Medics should keep cover until needed.

You're resident FireFighter/EMT TonkaTruck <3

Comment

Originally posted by TheTonkaTruck View Post
            "STAY OUT OF MY SQUAD, NONONO a soldier is a rifleman first and a medic second!!!."

I disagree with you. A dead medic is a useless medic. Medics should keep cover until needed.
            I agree with Tonka

Sorry Kat
            Last edited by Sonic; 07-18-2008, 08:53 PM.
            |TG|
            ||||

Comment

Originally posted by TheTonkaTruck View Post

I agree with katanama, but that's true in some situations. The medic is always a soldier, but if the rest of your squad can cover the medic to do his job, is a perfect situation. Almost always, he will be fighting like everyone else. Something true about this, is that the medic should be at the back of the squad, i always hate when the medics (without scope) are in the open shooting a guy, really far away.

Comment

well then dont be a medic in my squad. its one point im 100% sure im right, but just as i disagree with him you are allowed to disagree with me, the medic should not be in the front but he should not run out under fire to revive someone at the risk of his own life, then better kill the enemy and then revive what can be revived.

and yes if the squad can keep the enemy suppresed then the medic can go revive

and yes its just some points, i didnt say a few;)
                If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

A medic's job depends on the situation. If it is in a situation where you would get overrun in the time it takes to heal that someone up to 75%, then they are a rifleman. If they are in a situation where they can take the time to revive someone and not fail, then they should not be in combat.
                  Waldo II

Comment

All of these responses are just my opinions.

Multipurpose/Balanced
                    - SL w/Officer Kit
                    - Medic
                    - Automatic Rifleman
                    - Engineer
                    - Rifleman AT
                    - Anti Air
                    Personally, I'd take the AA kit out most of the time because most maps either have AAVs, deployable AA or don't even have aircraft (Like EJOD). I'd rather replace the AA with Rifleman Scope for 2 reasons. 1) It adds another man with a scope to the squad, allowing that squad to engage at long ranges with more than two people and 2) for the ammo bag, the Rifleman AT will most certainly need ammo to take out an APC, etc.

Heavy
                    - SL w/Officer Kit
                    - Automatic Rifkeman
                    - Rifleman AT
                    - Anti Tank/Heavy AT
                    - Medic
                    - Rifleman AT
                    You can't even get 2 Rifleman ATs in the same squad unless you steal from another squad. Not to mention none of the other kits in the squad even have ammo to provide the AT gunners with ammo.

Mechanized
                    - SL w/Officer Kit
                    - Crewman
                    - Crewman
                    - Engineer
                    - Rifleman
                    - Automatic Rifleman
                    Don't have any objections here. Though it would be better to have an APC squad, transporting around a 6 man squad, based on my experiences.

Special Operations
                    - SL w/Officer Kit
                    - Spec Ops
                    - Spec Ops
                    - Medic
                    - Medic
                    - Rifleman (Ironsights)
                    As others have said, too many people in the squad, you are more likely to be seen and engaged upon, pretty much negating your primary purpose.

Reconaissance
                    - SL w/Officer Kit
                    - Sniper
                    - Marksman
                    - Rifleman (ACOG)
                    - Spec Ops
                    - Rifleman (ACOG)
                    Again, too many people. A spec ops and a sniper should the trick.

Airborne
                    - SL w/Officer Kit
                    - Pilot
                    - Engineer
                    - Automatic Rifleman
                    - Rifleman
                    - Grenadier
                    Ditch the pilot for a medic and hitch a ride with one of the helo squads. The pilot is not much of a use after he drops you off.

NO get your squad better organised and get to cover and you should be able to do the job. If there is no cover throw smoke but it should only be a last resort.
                    You should know when to engage and break contact. Breaking contact is one of the more useful tactics in PR and RL. Not "let's make a stand here and kill as many people before we die." It's just not in the spirit of reality.

Comment

That was not what is was saying. I mean that because the enemy outnumber you, its not always necesarry to retreat. If for example the enemy is attacking you when you are not under cover, start shooting back one guy pulls back at the time to a covered position and in the end the whole squad is behind cover, and is still able to see what the enemy is doing. This can be done with pub squads since I have done it on multiple occations. without loosing a single squadmember because the suppression put down by the sqaud was enough for the medic to revive the fallen person and get him back to safety. And if you want to talk about reality this is how its done in the real world. Smoke is not used often.

Of cource if you do not know where the enemy is then you cannot do that, but you cant throw smoke either because you do not know where to throw it. If the enemy is too well dug in is what I mean with last resort.

Comment

That was not what is was saying. I mean that because the enemy outnumber you, its not always necesarry to retreat. If for example the enemy is attacking you when you are not under cover, start shooting back one guy pulls back at the time to a covered position and in the end the whole squad is behind cover, and is still able to see what the enemy is doing. This can be done with pub squads since I have done it on multiple occations. without loosing a single squadmember because the suppression put down by the sqaud was enough for the medic to revive the fallen person and get him back to safety. And if you want to talk about reality this is how its done in the real world. Smoke is not used often.

Of cource if you do not know where the enemy is then you cannot do that, but you cant throw smoke either because you do not know where to throw it. If the enemy is too well dug in is what I mean with last resort.

I never mentioned anything about using smoke grenades at all. Still, it sounds like you are running for cover and then trying to proceed with the intent on killing the enemy behind cover, especially if they have got you zeroed in. It's pretty obvious what the enemy is trying to do, especially in this game, which is to try and kill you. But whatever, run your squad how you like it.

Comment

I know where Kat is coming from with the medic rule, there is some times when the medic will have to engage like a riflemen with the rest of the squad (IE, being overrun) but if its something like a 6 vs 3 firefight, he can hang back and med people

If you don't have time to med someone, just throw a bandaid at them, it can be deployed instantly with medics. If your really struggling with medding,set up a first aid point in a bunker or house, where you throw all your bandages on the floor

Comment

Guys, give him a chance. It is work in progress. Some things may change on the next edit.

After a while we can view reasoning. Besides, some people may have a different style of play, or play a certain type of role more than another, and so have a diferent methodology.

In any case, it is work in progress, let's not microscope reasons until the work is more completed. One thing for sure though, Barrel Chest is brave to even put things down in this forum ^^ So I am looking forward to a more completed work Barrel, maybe I will learn something to put into my overview/style. Though I would have to agree, a medic should have their gun out as a first port of call and I certainly play like this, if an area is clear, fine, but if bad boys are about or you are unsure, or if your friend went down, take the enemy down (or make the area clear) - or you will go down and if that happens no one gets up, an extra gun watching your friends' back pays dividends; besides iron sights rules ^^ They are I believe an astounding kit, even to the point of being a mini radar.

Keep it up!

Comment

This is very good information. Thanks for that post. The only thing I want to point out to you is that some of these squads could be smaller. For example, the spec ops, the recon, and the mechanized don't have to have 6 squad members especially spec ops. The main significance of a spec op squad is not to be seen. If you have a full squad rather than a small one, it is definitely more difficult to be stealthy in the battlezone. Also, from my experiences in PR, a mechanized crew is so much more effective with simply 3 squad members(driver, gunner, engineer) working and communicating with each other. But overall, this is an outstanding post... I like how you think. Keep it up, man! I'm looking forward in your new updates to this PR "Bible".

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X