Request for screenshots of Hilltop Estate in Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for screenshots of Hilltop Estate in Editor

I want to make a tactical map of Hilltop Estate on how to assault that position in a coordinated way to promote tactical play of infantry squads. However I am unproficient with the Battlefield Editor/Battle Recorder(?) and perhaps most of all I would like the map to look good. The reason for the editor is that I don't want to see players in view.

My request is wether someone is willing to make a few overview screenshots of Hilltop Estate and preferable with high graphic settings.
    • The camera angle should be around 45 degrees downwards (right between vertical and horizontal) and watching towards the center of Hilltop from the SW/SE/NE/NW of Hilltop. The screenshots should include a bit of the surroundings in the foreground and background (so not zoomed into the buildings). The entire Estate should be in view.
    • One topdown/vertical of the Hilltop and enough surroundings; Hilltop area is 20% of the screenshot. And one zoomed in screenshot; Hilltop area is 75%.

If someone is willing to help then I can offer you little more than my eternal gratitude! ;)

Cheers,
    Fishbone

Re: Request for screenshots of Hilltop Estate in Editor

take the battlerecorder and at the start of the round get the shots you needif you cant im sure a SM can, i cant at the moment but on tuesday if you dont have it already I can figure something out.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

I am new to this and perhaps I should find this out on my own, but don't I need a battlerecorder file for this? Can I create such a file by creating a local game and ending it after a few minutes?

And while I might indeed be able to do this easily myself I have seen how nice the game can look with a good system, so high setting screenshots are still always welcome. Hmm, perhaps I can try setting the graphics on high as I only need to make a few screenshots and not a video...

Comment

Just play on a server with BattleRecorder (or just get a BattleRecorder file from someone)
        then go on community (in game) there will be 2 options there one will be: Custom Games
        and the other one will be: BattleRecorder, choose the BattleRecorder, then Just simply play the BattleRecorder file you want, and then just fly around and screenshot as much as you want. Or if you want to make a video just record when in the BattleRecorder game.
        Look under your chair!

Comment

[media]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/cola88_bucket/screen041.jpg[/media]
          [media]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/cola88_bucket/screen042.jpg[/media]
          [media]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/cola88_bucket/screen043.jpg[/media]
          [media]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/cola88_bucket/screen044.jpg[/media]
          [media]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/cola88_bucket/screen047.png[/media]
          [media]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/cola88_bucket/screen049.png[/media]
          |TG-X|cola88

|
          |

Comment

Cola88, you not only receive my eternal gratitude but also my eternal love! ;)

Excellent screenshots, just what I was looking for.

Many thanks,
            Fishbone
            Last edited by Fishbone; 07-19-2008, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Hilltop: the easiest flag to defend and hardest flag to attack on that map by far! I'd love to see your strat when you are done. Maybe post it in the Map Tactics forum?

My strategy for attacking? Smoke, smoke, and more smoke! followed by a grappling hook over a wall or a quick strike to take the rooftops.
              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

for future reference in case you ever do this for another map here is the easiest way to do it.

1. create a local game on the map you would like

2. open up your console once the map has been loaded and type

Code:
                demo.recorddemo name
                ("name" can be replaced with whatever you want)
                the console should state "startingrecording"

3. wait for about a minute then open up the console again and type
                Code:
                demo.stoprecording
                the console should reply with "stoppingrecording"

4. Now you have a demo file saved in your folder with whatever name you specified. You can quit the local game, go in to community tab of PR, and load the demo file. If it doesn't show up it may be a problem with the directory that it was saved in or you may need to restart the game.

Comment

Hey Fishbone..
                  Here is something to do in your spare time, these tutorials will teach you everything you need to know about the BF2 editor..

Rhino's Thread on setting up BF2 Editor for PR mapping/moddding

Rhino's Map Audit Thread

A quick study of these will give you the abillity to open up any map in the Editor, explore it, take SS's or whatever.

Comment

Hilltop estate flyby:

[media]http://www.vimeo.com/850365[/media]

I had to leave the map running 3 hours to get the heli so I hope you appreciate it

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                      I had to leave the map running 3 hours to get the heli so I hope you appreciate it
                      You can't be serious, isn't there some console or admin command to make a vehicle spawn. Nardini, cola, disposable, Im looking at you. lol

Comment

you forgot a couple there fighter. :)
                        |TG|
                        ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                          Hilltop estate flyby:

0_0 how did you get that chopper? that would be sexy in a machinima

Comment

it was a remake of the map called operation peach for a scrim in the pr community
                            they just removed the milita and added the the chinese with their tanks,helis,and other things

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X