[WIP] - Tactical Infantry Squads Field Manual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [WIP] - Tactical Infantry Squads Field Manual

In this thread I (we?) will gather material for Tactical Infantry Squads Field Manual. This manual will be written with the intention to encourage tactical play of infantry squads at the TG server.

Once enough material has been collected a new thread will be made in an appropiate forum.

Feel free to post comments & constructive critisism on any contributions.

Cheers,
    Fishbone

Re: [WIP] - Tactical Infantry Squads Field Manual

Work-in-progress...

Legend
    Enemy action:
    Friendly action:
    Event:
    Infantry:
    Line of fire:
    Line of sight:
    Movement:

Phase 1 - Getting into Position

Friendly Forces
    1 - Support gives suppressive fire on western and northern building if needed.
    2 - Assault moves into position for phase 2.
    3 - Squad Leader and medic remain in cover.
    4 - Smoke screen to avoid Assualt being seen passing by.
    5 - Smoke to screen phase 2.

Opposing forces
    A - Enemy infantry in northern building will be engaged in phase 3.
    B - Enemy infantry in western building will be engaged in phase 2.
    C - Enemy infantry in courtyard will be engaged in phase 3.
    D - Enemy infantry in backyard will be engaged in phase 2.

Events
    1 - Squad will get into position without getting seen. Rally point is set nearby.

Phase 2 - Secure Western Building

Friendly Forces
    1 -

Opposing forces
    A -

Events

Phase 3 - Secure Courtyard and Northern Building

Friendly Forces
    1 -

Opposing forces
    A -

Events

Comment

*Bump* this is really good! Everyone needs to see this!

Comment

Nice post!

+ rep
        |TG|
        ||||

Comment

Originally posted by =sonic_striker= View Post
          nice post!

+ rep
          +1 :)

|TG-Irr| Trance

Parlay?

Comment

Good post, but how are you going to account for an enemy bunker, razorwire over the southern entrance, enemies spamming grenadier grenades and RPGs off the Southern roof, or enemy marksmen/snipers covering the Western walls? I regularly do all of these things when I defend.

Comment

"No one can guarantee success in war, but only deserve it."
              -Winston Churchill

even the best plan changes when the first shot is fired.

Comment

Ah the power of smoke! nice approach...assuming no barbed wire or technicals blocking that rear exit! Then I would suggest using a grappling hook if possible...along with more smoke.
                |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Well it is work-in-progress but I can't seem to find the Edit button anymore. How does that work on this forum? On other forums you can always edit your posts but you seem to lose that ability after some time.
                  how are you going to account for an enemy bunker, razorwire over the southern entrance, enemies spamming grenadier grenades and RPGs off the Southern roof, or enemy marksmen/snipers covering the Western walls?
                  Smoke should keep the enemy from seeing you. Covering fire by the support group should keep their heads down. Remember that when you assault you pick the time, so it should be you who has first sight on the enemy. Especially with this flag where there aren't that many places where the enemy can be. Grenades are tough yes, but the attackers have a far smaller area to grenade than the defenders.

But this post is more meant to show a principle. Smoke to block line of sight to isolate certain areas/enemies. Assign people to certain sectors/jobs to keep covering fire and attack the enemy from multiple enemies. And setting objectives. The backyard is taken first then all fireteams attack the western building. Do not get distracted by the courtyard, throw more smoke if you are. The courtyard should then easily be cleared from the western building. Northern building can be cleared while keeping a foothold on west. By holding west you have secured a line of supply while cutting off the one from the enemy.

Plus if you do it well you should have spotted a bunker before assaulting and that would require a different plan. Multiple situations, multiple solutions. This is just one of them.

When I defend hilltop I place a bunker in the middle. Place razorwire at the front entrance to hinder infantry, sandbags to stop vehicles coming in. The back entrance can be completely blocked by one well placed sandbag. You only need to fear grappling hooks. Defending is dead easy. Luckily the militia don't seem to be organised so good when I am British.

Hilltop is one of my favourite spots in the game. It is a small area that can be defended by one squad and allows for lines of approach.

Comment

awesome idea! putting up those images like that is very fun to look at, i hope you do some more like this! the tactics is good too, but i just like the images and seeing the planning go into it, its inspiring :)

re: Fools road... defending hilltop can be really fun, especially when you setup your defenses correctly! The militia unscoped weapons can have a disadvantage on the roofs, but letting them get close them hammering on them brits usually does good :)
                    heres my uber attack strategy that always seems to work lol

Hilltop Strat

Comment

Yes, I must agree with fuzzhead on this one. When you climb that grapple you usually end up 5 meters from the bunker that they usually place in that position. The same type of thing is effective on the Government offices flag on Qwai (provided you stay stealthy up until the wall)

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
                        Yes, I must agree with fuzzhead on this one. When you climb that grapple you usually end up 5 meters from the bunker that they usually place in that position. The same type of thing is effective on the Government offices flag on Qwai (provided you stay stealthy up until the wall)
                        Yeah, the grapple and C4 are probably the two most useful tools you can have when assaulting a highly defensible flag. Yesterday, on Qwai, Sonic, AFSoccer, Elemanoel, and two other guys (sorry, your names are on the tip of my tongue), assaulted Gov using grapples to get over the Western wall and onto the roof. The USMC totally didn't expect it and we killed about six guys, blew up their bunker, and destroyed two vehicles all without a single casualty. Of course, right after capping we were all killed by an enemy squad who managed to slip through the crappy razorwire the marines had set at the Northern entrances.

Comment

yeah the graple usually works well. Also getting there quickly is a good idea. I usually rush estate from the beginning that way im there 5 min before they expect and they probably havent gotten a bunker up. If doing this leave warehouse for another squad so you are in position when they have capped warehouse then that squad can build a bunker on warehouse and come up and build a firebase too.and assist in the assault. this seems to work great.
                          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post
                            Yeah, the grapple and C4 are probably the two most useful tools you can have when assaulting a highly defensible flag. Yesterday, on Qwai, Sonic, AFSoccer, Elemanoel, and two other guys (sorry, your names are on the tip of my tongue), assaulted Gov using grapples to get over the Western wall and onto the roof. The USMC totally didn't expect it and we killed about six guys, blew up their bunker, and destroyed two vehicles all without a single casualty. Of course, right after capping we were all killed by an enemy squad who managed to slip through the crappy razorwire the marines had set at the Northern entrances.

That was a flawless assualt. C4 on one of the towers at Mestia is a good way to breach the defenses, supress all who are there and maybe knock 2 or 3 of the defenders sky high.
                            |TG|
                            ||||

Comment

Great guide, only problem I see is it doesn't take into account either a main attack from the main entrance of a second squad flanking through the main entrance, sneaking around the corner of the north building and securing it, providing covering fire for the main force.

I've been able to sneak into the stop floor of the northern building against the militia before with a HAT and take out the bunker, after the bunker fell there was no chance.

Another tactic which is a bit risky is if we have a bunker at hilltop, we place a rally point behind the wall of the northern approach. If any squads attack from that direction and are stupid enough to destroy our rally instantly expose themselves and any stealth they had.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X