(event idea:) 28 Days Later

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (event idea:) 28 Days Later

ok, this isn't going to be "realistic" at all, but it might be fun to play if we can get enough people. I just watched 28 days later + I'm really bored at work, so here's what resulted:

Timed event (which team survives the longest)

*3 man team of British soldiers is trapped inside a 1-story building (probably Al-Basrah as the map) and has to fight off 32 opposing "zombies" (insurgents using knives only.) British team cannot respawn when they get knifed. Round ends when the British forces are over-run and stabbed by the insurgent swarm.

insurgent zombies can respawn unlimitted time from rallies around the building (>50m away), british team cannot destroy these RP's.

for added effect we could have the 3 British players in a team speak channel with 32 people making horrific zombie noises...but that might be going too far, and very very annoying. (not to mention, I couldn't keep a straight face for very long screaming "BRAAAAAAAAINS into my microphone.)

any takers? or should i just go back to work, lol
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: (event idea:) 28 Days Later

That would actually be fun. lmao you have a wild imagination.

If it can get enough attention I might do it.

I dunno it it really is sutable for the tactical play that PR and TG bring. But, it sound interesting.
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

I think we oughtta add in some kind of deal where the brits can actually win. Say making it across the map to the UCB or some such.

Comment

This sound like a good idea, but 32 zombies sound a little too sick.
        The British soldiers wouldn't stand the first wave.

Maybe less insurgents or more British soldiers, then I would gladly join.
        Look under your chair!

Comment

I TAKE I TAKE!

Ferris has it for a win for the brits, or last man standing sound better. I Also reckon it should be more than 3 brits.

HONK HONK.

:D

Great idea!

Comment

that would be good, first I'm friendly time PLs it could be like 10 our time so 5 est cos I never get to play the good stuff.
            we could do the 32;3 as that's an auto gren and spec ops I would imagine Brits would be best(like the film) maybe bi Ming or a city like basrah
            objective could be hold out the longest cos with the odds all could take a turn cos of speed. Or get to a point across the map then hold out for chopper pick up
            no other vechiles
            I need to wait for an admin response actually before I get my hopes up
            |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

Ive allready played this a few times. When allied force is knived, bitten as it were they have to swap sides to the zombie side.

Allied side can only use shotgun or pistol to kill said zombies or knife of course

Jabal 16p map works well, it has 4 flags within a fairly confined space and I do prefer if flags are still involved because otherwise it gets boring with one team hiding from the other or constantly running away, jumping in river, etc etc zzz

The flags can simulate being forced to get supplies from inside a city, no choice but wait around a minute and fight them off

A short zombie film I saw recently, amateur but pretty good - 8 Days Later

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Heres a layout possibility:
                6 man brit squad, no respawns.
                One british pilot for the transport helo.
                32 Insurgent "zombies" using standard rally points for al basrah, infinite respawns.
                -Brits start at the hotel in the city and must make their way to airport UCB.
                -Transport helo can be called in no more than three times to drop supplies.
                -When the helo comes in, zombies may not be in the open within 50m of supply drop because they are "afraid".
                -Transport helo cannot "puppydog" the brits so they are safe. He must touch down, drop supplies and RTB immediately. More than 20 seconds on the ground, or any of the brit soldiers attempting to get in the helo results in an automatic loss.
                -Zombies cannot sprint and must use knives.
                -Brits cannot sprint within the city area.
                -Brits must defend the hotel for five minutes, after which the zombies must retreat back and allow the brits to start escaping.
                -Zombies can climb stairs and jump, but cannot climb ladders.

The nice thing about this setup is that it gives the brits a fighting chance of accomplishing their goal. A smart and coordinated zombie team will have no problem cornering or outsmarting the brits. Brits are going to have to use stealth and timing not only to escape, but also to resupply their guns or they're going to run out of bullets. For anyone that thinks the brits would have a surefire win, go play a round of insurgency at battlearena and look at all the spawnpoints the insurgents have. Theres a thousand and one ways that they could get cut off.

This would require a lot of reliance on the honor system as far as the no-sprint thing goes, but as always, everyone would be responsible for reporting rule breakers.

Comment

Cannot run ? Its pretty hard to knife someone while they are shooting you and basra is too open a city imo, not enough choke points sorry. Maybe the destructible western part which does have slim alleyways but the hotel area and obviously ucb is wide open.

I have played this scenario on basra, kufrah and jabal and in reverse order thats how the maps played best

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

So edit out the not running parts, but with the map layout and the infinite zombie respawns, the brits should be able to use any weapons they want if sprinting is allowed.

Comment

you tea-drinking carebears! the brits have to die!

the insurgents only have knives...and the brits have guns...u really think they couldn't survive the first wave with a m-249 on the door? okay, we compromise, the brits have to stay alive for 5 minutes in the building, and then they can make a run for the border.
                      - we could have 3 objective points the brits have to go to, like rescuing 3 trapped comrades stuck on rooftops in the city as they fight north towards the VCP...and of course, those rooftops will be surrounded by ZOMBIES, muhahaha.

and damnit sabretooth, how have u played this before, i just thought this one up out of thin air+boredom!!!
                      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

put some objectives in there and you've got a nice scenario
                        |TG|
                        ||||

Comment

Cool idea :D

Comment

Sounds interesting; when would the event take place? If it would fit´into my schedule (GMT+1 :/ ) I'd gladly be there.

Comment

"..and damnit sabretooth, how have u played this before, i just thought this one up out of thin air+boredom!!!"

We are British. We think of everything! :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X