Yesterday's farce (Kashan 32)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday's farce (Kashan 32)

I was unfortunate enough to be a part of one of the worst rounds of Kashan I have ever witnessed yesterday evening (uk time). For the first 20 mins practically the whole US team was at main with 2-3 squads arguing non stop over air assets and completely ignoring the commanders orders. It caused the admin to pause the game and literally break it down to everyone that this behaviour wasn't acceptable and threaten to change the map. It's worth noting that there were a few people involved that really should have known better.

I know that there are constant threads about noobs and kids out of school hamming up the teamplay but I think this was a new low.

Props to d1sp0sabl3 I think it was, for handling the situation extremely well and not standing for any b/s whatsoever. I dread to think how bad things would be without the solid admin team on the TG server.

It seems that Kashan in particular is a hotbed for this type of incident and the questions I'd like to pose are do you think it will get to the stage where troublesome maps will need to be removed or certain versions of maps (16,32,64) excluded from rotation?
    Last edited by Danolboy; 07-23-2008, 06:46 AM. Reason: Clarity

Re: Yesterday's farce (Kashan 32)

Yeah seemed like it was a little out of hand, thankfully I was on the other sides and had a great round as commander:)

First time I have seen a team win y 24x tickets without a bleed so there was definately something going on over there. I think someone should have started to have those people kicked so we could have gotten a better round.
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Danolboy View Post
      It seems that Kashan in particular is a hotbed for this type of incident and the questions I'd like to pose are do you think it will get to the stage where troublesome maps will need to be removed or certain versions of maps (16,32,64) excluded from rotation?
      If it happens again the answer is yes.

I am extremely disappointed in the behavior of several people on the server - some TG tagged and others [R-xxx] tagged.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Yesterday was a bad day i guess. I played in a squad with A.Wickens and even he got annoyed, he even aplogized at the end of the round. We as a squad did ok, but we were not able to get anyfoothold anywhere.

Our team build 4 bunkers which were all destroyed in less then 10 minutes after building them.
        Map was EJOD [one of my favorites, but not yesterday tho].

Sometimes it happens, most of the time it is very nice to play. I like to join the loosing team to help them out if i can, so im used to loose ;)

Comment

Yeah I have to say that yesterday was one of the worst times I have ever had on the server. Thanks to Sapientia and Ice Pepper for sticking in my squad and the other guys too. If it wasn't for you guys I would have totally lost it. I apologised as I think I may have come across as bad tempered during the round but I had no problems whatsoever in my squad.

To be honest I have the scrim at the weekend so I need to practice but other than that I am not sure how much PR I will be playing for a while, I just can't deal with the people that are on the server when I play (Euro hours). Its only guys like Sapientia, Ice Pepper, Donrhos, GOD RexFeral etc that make it worthwhile. I downloaded Company of Heroes yesterday so I think I'll just stick to that for now. Shame really.

Disposable, if you read this, great job yesterday trying to sort things out. You and the rest of the admins must be pretty sick of this nonsense, I salute you mate. If you can stand it please keep up the sterling work and start swinging the ban hammer!

Comment

I would really enjoy if maps that have a lot of problems with assets could be removed. I get to play during the day (For the North Americans) when dispo is admin and I gotta give him credit for handling these countless "The assets are all mine" situations. I kinda get a chuckle when he has to pause it and lecture the entire server to restore peace. I've kinda learned to stay away from that drama now and SL. These situations are getting sooooo annoying, and I've noticed its consistently the same couple people who initiate it, some of these people who are regular on TG or have the tags.

Regarding the Kashan. I found it has mild teamplay for MEC, what you can expect for average daytime play. But, for US I can imagine it was torture. Almost all of the good, regular teamplayers left and so many people were being complete idiots and main. Jummping up and down and shooting at eachother. It as awful.

But, to people who complain and spam global chat.
            To help a team that doesn't have a lot of teamplay. Make sure your CO or SL before you say something. If your flying a transport helicopter, your not helping the team either. I've seen snipers complain that the thier team or useles. If you can get a position to orginize the team better. A bunch of smacktards can be turned into a working squad.

P.S. I know in the past I used to fly A LOT but those times are over. Now looking at the situation from a 3rd person view I can understand the frustrastion so much better. I think Dirtiboy's "This has to stop" thread should be stickied.

Sorry I'm venting
            |TG|
            ||||

Comment

I dont necessarily think that removing the maps from the rotation will solve the problem. We'll start playing other maps more frequently and asset hogging will become a problem on those. If we remove maps from the rotation for bad behavior, eventually we'll have none left.

The admin team, as others before me have pointed out, does a great job of getting things straightened out, and thus far have been very nice about it. Most of the time, people displaying a moderate amount of idiocy have been only kicked. Bans have been saved for only the most flagrant morons. I dont think anyone has been asked to remove their TG tags for quite some time.

However, if it's come to the point where an admin actually has to pause the game in order to sort out a bunch of people fighting over triviality, people need to understand that the admin team will only take so much. To that point, everyone needs to understand two things:
              1.) As sparing and kind as the admin staff has been as of late, they can turn that around very quickly if they deem it necessary to "clean house".
              2.) If you are involved in an act of absurdity on the scale of what was witnessed yesterday, you had better be prepared to reap the whirlwind.

Although I wasnt there, I did get a play by play account of what happened from a little birdie. My hat is off to disposable for his level-headedness. If it were up to me, each of the people involved would have been smacked with a weeklong ban and any TG tagged member would have been told to remove their tags and make a very public apology on the forums before they would be allowed to play on the server again. If I ever see something like that happen, I can assure you that thats the exact punishment I will ask for when I report each and every person involved to the admin team.

If you were involved and are reading this, you should be freaking ashamed of yourself. You know the rules and chose to break them to such a degree that an admin had to halt gameplay to sort you out. That is absolutely indescribably ridiculous. Not only did you force the rest of the players on the server to then take part in cleaning up your mess, but you embarrassed this community as a whole. That isnt just sad, it's pathetic.

Comment

Sonic I disagree with your comments regarding people bringing things up in global chat, as long as it's reasonably constructive. Yesterday I tried on several occasions to explain the rules to players and team mates who clearly have no intention of ever visiting the forums much less reading the appropriate rules and requirements. I will continue to do this where required as you will admit the past week or so has been a new low for behaviour on our server. As an IHS member, supporting member or TG regular we have a responsibility to try and instill the correct conduct in all players that visit the server. Oh and I ran a 2 man 6th sniper squad on Kashan at the request of a regular member who wanted some input on sniper techniques. I don't recall complaining in all chat during that game as I was busy training a friend, well at least sharing what little I knew on the subject. I am sure that comment was not directed at me. If you wish to discuss anything further including your comments regarding teamswitching please pm me or catch me on teamspeak.

I do applaud your decision to leave the toys on the maps to others and now step up and squad lead, something you have been doing with some success of late. Kudos on that.

Apologies if this post is a little terse but I am deeply annoyed that I feel I have to take a break from a game I am dedicated to because of the behaviour of others. If I see another team with 2 recon squads or 8-9 little squads I fear I may snap someone's neck lol.

Comment

I completely agree with everyone here so far. Being in one of the few squads not squabbling over the assets it was very sad to hear all the bickering going on at main. Honestly, for my squad the round started out great. We were doing our job at South Village for as long as we could, but when you have the entire enemies teams assets going against you it just gets too ridiculous.

Its sad to see that disposable has to go as far as pausing the server now these days. It is ruining everyone's reputation that is involved in the incident and it kills the TG name. It also makes it less fun for the people that actually try to play. Yesterday a few of my squadmates said that they probably wouldn't come back to the server. If that keeps happening, all the great teamplayers will not come and we will be over run by smacktards.

Plus the people that were complaining about the assets were completely wasted because, quite frankly, they were not that great. I am not saying that only the best should get to use the asset, especially seeing as the odds were stacked high against us, but if you keep seeing yourself dying, that means to try something else. People need to grow up, and get the idea that your only l33t if your in a vehicle, out of your heads.
                  Created by Sonic

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                    Sonic I disagree with your comments regarding people bringing things up in global chat, as long as it's reasonably constructive. Yesterday I tried on several occasions to explain the rules to players and team mates who clearly have no intention of ever visiting the forums much less reading the appropriate rules and requirements. I will continue to do this where required as you will admit the past week or so has been a new low for behaviour on our server. As an IHS member, supporting member or TG regular we have a responsibility to try and instill the correct conduct in all players that visit the server. Oh and I ran a 2 man 6th sniper squad on Kashan at the request of a regular member who wanted some input on sniper techniques. I don't recall complaining in all chat during that game as I was busy training a friend, well at least sharing what little I knew on the subject. I am sure that comment was not directed at me. If you wish to discuss anything further including your comments regarding teamswitching please pm me or catch me on teamspeak.

I do applaud your decision to leave the toys on the maps to others and now step up and squad lead, something you have been doing with some success of late. Kudos on that.

Apologies if this post is a little terse but I am deeply annoyed that I feel I have to take a break from a game I am dedicated to because of the behaviour of others. If I see another team with 2 recon squads or 8-9 little squads I fear I may snap someone's neck lol.
                    Wicks the comment wasn't direct at you at all. You are a great teamplayer and usually SL. I don't think I've ever seen you fly before :)
                    |TG|
                    ||||

Comment

I can't help but comment that this is a VERY sad state of affairs. Anyone sporting TG tags ought to be especially ashamed that it's come to this. Don't misread me-the admins are not to blame here.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

LOL sorry Sonic, I am on the edge of my nerves at the moment as it is. I meant what I said about you SL'ing mate, well played for stepping up and running squads. It is refreshing and a great sign of the good things that TG brings when someone pushes on and takes their game to a new level. Keep it up.:madsmile:

Comment

Having dealt with similar scenario's the one thing I have to say is, that the commander of the USMC side had the choice to assign assets to the squads, and if those orders were not followed then those squad leaders and squad members who refused to leave the base hopefully will be asked to remove their TG tags (if they were wearing any) and the others hopefully will be given a temp ban/lashing out.

It doesn't have to do with removing assets from the map, it has to do with the maturity of players (which from the looks of it was lacking on that one side) and the understanding that their squad might be named Tank 1, but that does not automatically entail that their squad will get a tank.

It is very disappointing to hear that some TG tag wearers were in the middle of this, and how they were some of the ones causing trouble, i seriously hope they are dealt with and given a good lashing out, as the R-xxx guys, that's unfortunate as well, but the TG tag wearers should have stepped up to the plate and gotten on with the game rather than being part of the problem.

As for me, punkbuster is still kicking me for handshake problems, i guess i don't know the secret handshake.

No blame should be put on the admins at all ever, and i only hope people actually used the !Reporting system that TG has in place.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

It is unfortionate that we see this chaos all the time with assets maps like kashan (not even mentioning Qinling lol) i think the problem is embedded in the new players hoping in the server and completely foreign to the TG rules (or just ignoring them),maybe adding a few lines at server startup (loading map) can do something about it,its a shame that one team has to suffer becouse an ignorance of a couple newbies...

So,i bielieve in the end it comes down to all the SL's that reading this post,control your squad,dont be affraid to be the determin voice! and if necessery use the report system...

And shapo to dispo' ,cola , and nardini,and all other admins on the greate handling of things on the server...

|TG-Irr| Trance

Parlay?

Comment

Originally posted by TheChapKid View Post
                              I completely agree with everyone here so far. Being in one of the few squads not squabbling over the assets it was very sad to hear all the bickering going on at main. Honestly, for my squad the round started out great. We were doing our job at South Village for as long as we could, but when you have the entire enemies teams assets going against you it just gets too ridiculous.

Its sad to see that disposable has to go as far as pausing the server now these days. It is ruining everyone's reputation that is involved in the incident and it kills the TG name. It also makes it less fun for the people that actually try to play. Yesterday a few of my squadmates said that they probably wouldn't come back to the server. If that keeps happening, all the great teamplayers will not come and we will be over run by smacktards.

Plus the people that were complaining about the assets were completely wasted because, quite frankly, they were not that great. I am not saying that only the best should get to use the asset, especially seeing as the odds were stacked high against us, but if you keep seeing yourself dying, that means to try something else. People need to grow up, and get the idea that your only l33t if your in a vehicle, out of your heads.
                              if there is a commander he/she has the right to assign the assets, you could be a brand new player and if ur squad gets a tank, than u get to try out a tank, but if there is no commander then its all fair game.......everyone should know this by now........
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...