No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Tonights Al Basra round...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Tonights Al Basra round...

What did ya think?

Was it fun?

Should we do it more often?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 07-25-2008, 03:07 AM.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Re: Thoughts on Tonights Al Basra round...

Missed it, but do it more often.

Comment

i luffed it

Haikus are easy.
      But sometimes they don't make sense.
      Refrigerator.

Comment

It was a great b-day present. I love Al Basrah and being a civilian. To bad most people were too smart to just shoot us civies.
        Created by Sonic

Comment

Originally posted by jOHNNYdOUBE View Post
          Missed it, but do it more often.
          Aye.

I do battleareana alot to get my fix. It's good game which is either you making death attacks on the Brits (as an aside, I always die loads as insurgent on this map due to the infinate spawns, and would view this as maybe the thing to change), or being a Brit trying to not get killed by keeping clear of bullets/bombs as much as you can (no other map has this intensity on that aspect). Much fun and likely the most funiest map to play too.

(great loadup map tune tooooo).

Comment

Damn it! Cougar! I missed it!

What version of Basrah did we play? 32? 64?

Comment

Growll.. I missed it too...

Comment

Gah, I too did miss this event...

Comment

Well we played the 32 version.

Dont fret. It will happen again.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I crashed at the beginning and missed it :(
                    |TG|
                    ||||

Comment

It came on really late EST, perhaps we can have it around 7.00 est sometime?

Comment

I find around 10:00p.m.- 12:00p.m. EST you get the best teamplay. A lot to do with the younger crowd packing it in for the night and the older players starting.
                        |TG|
                        ||||

Comment

I kinda feel bad for the euro players who get alotta kiddie play during the day time , but it seems TGXV has really picked up day time play a little bit.

Comment

There was a critical breakdown in tonight's play.

Spawncamping.

The version that we were hosting was the 32p version. Mosque is the ONLY spawn for the insurgents. The brits set up shop and started spawncamping. I died 9 times within the first 5 seconds of my spawn. That alone is unacceptable.

Subsequent to my first few deaths, I began to discuss this with people in chat. After meeting much resistance, I asked Cougar to make a global admin statement not to spawncamp mosque, as it is the team's only spawn. He did, very kindly, and yet it ensued.

So lets see, if the spawncamping wasnt bad enough, the people that kept doing it are guilty of completely and very flagrantly disobeying ADMIN ORDERS. I really hope everyone here understands the gravity of that. It wasnt just pubbies either. These were people who are regulars and tag wearers alike. I saw people doing it that I never expected that kind of behavior from and it absolutely ******* sickens me.

Whats more, they were trying to defend their actions! CHRIST ALMIGHTY! What does it take for people to understand that when an ADMIN SAYS STOP, IT MEANS STOP. That isnt something that is negotiable. It's not something you need to open your mouth about. It's not something you can contest. The word of admins is LAW on the server, because otherwise it would descend into chaos.

I'm extremely pissed off about the whole thing. Moreso than I have ever been in my many years at TG. I will be personally reviewing the BFR for the round, and anyone who I see firing at freshly spawned insurgents after Cougar's instruction will be reported. I dont care how long you've played here. I dont care if you think you're my friend. If I catch you on the recording, I'm going to recommend the harshest punishment I can, not for spawncamping, not for using bad judgment, not for arguing your point, but for failing to yield to the instructions of the server admins, which is a bannable offense in itself.

I hope to god nobody here thinks they are immune from that. If you do,, you need to go find yourself a nice lawless server to play on, because thats not how we freaking do things around here.

EDIT: I have already received PMs about this.
                            Understand this: while there may be no specific rule regarding Al Basrah and it's spawn logic for insurgents, the two key points which were overlooked are both common sense issues. I expect that everyone who plays regularly on TG server has an IQ above 80. Using this expectation, I also expect that with that IQ includes the ability to make a small logical leap. This brings me to my first point: the UCB rule.

Originally posted by Rules Thread
                            5. Basecamping

Main bases (a main base is defined as a flag where the opponent has their only permanent spawn point) are not to be entered, attacked or fired in to for any reason unless the AAS indicates that that flag is in play, capturable, or saboteurs destroying CO assets. This includes, but is not limited to:

1. Attacking infantry
                            2. Destroying/sabotaging vehicles
                            3. Laying mines or otherwise restricting the entrance/exit points
                            Ok, so lets follow the logic train here. No, the mosque isnt a flag. There ARE NO FLAGS. It is, however, the only permanent spawn. See what I bolded in the quote? See the words "permanent spawn"? See where I'm going with this? I think I've said enough on that part.

The second point is something I already stated, but I'm going to say again just to pound it home to the people who just cant seem to hammer it into their skulls: WHEN AN ADMIN SAYS STOP, IT MEANS STOP. Not after this round, not after your next kill, not after you run out of ammo, not after you die, NOW. I really hope thats simple enough, I really do.
                            Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 07-25-2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I must agree with Ferris. Also, the brits need to keep in mind that the middle of the mosque is not the only spawn. There is the construction site south of mosque and also one of the enterable buildings is a spawn. 7 times was I spawn camped at construction, and once at the building, (not to mention about another 3 times at the mosque).

Anyway, I think we can forgive the spawn campers as long as they read this thread and perhaps even apologize for their actions (i know someone who has allready apologized to me through xfire). Perhaps it should be taken off the maplist...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X