Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consequences of kicking a SM using an vehicle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consequences of kicking a SM using an vehicle?

A few days ago I kicked a chopper pilot from my squad (as I was running a TAC INF squad), thinking that it had no consequence except for him needing to pick another squad within 90 seconds. Another SM thought it was funny since my action made the pilot crash the helicopter. Never knew that. I checked the manual again to see wether it was in there and could not find it. So much for RTFM!

So my question is wether there are any more hidden catches to kicking squad members using an vehicle. Does it also count for tanks/apcs?

Thanks,
    Fishbone

Re: Consequences of kicking a SM using an vehicle?

You can't operate vehicles and will get killed inside it if you're not in a squad, nuff said.

Comment

At least warn the guy before kicking him. Especially when operating an air vehicle, if you get kicked from your squad, you'll have no controls whatsoever and will be killed within a few seconds.

| |

Comment

Ok, thank that is all I wanted to know. I probably have never used an vehicle without getting inside a squad first. And I will definitely make sure to warn in VOIP and chat before kicking someone using an vehicle. That was kinda embarrassing... SM: "Dude you made him crash the helicopter. " Me: "No, I did not cause that, I only kicked him, surely that doesn't mean..." SM: "Well, he deserved it anyway."

Comment

shouldnt be to hard to join/create another squad in flight thought

||||
          |TG-E49|Rough Sex Bomb

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
            At least warn the guy before kicking him.

Give them some notice before kicking, regardless of any vehicle even better ask them to leave first

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

If say, one of your SMs joins just to grab a pilot kit and start flying. I say, kick him without warning, he deserves a death.

EDIT:This is off course assuming that your squad is obviously not a flying one, and the SM has been given different orders
              Last edited by Googol; 07-27-2008, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I dont see how that benefits the team. You can be the most elite squad ever and still lose the game

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Its always good to name your squads INF,Armor or CAS/Air just because of this reason. I always put a INF tag in my squad names just to make sure no outsiding pilot/tanker joins.

||||
                  |TG-E49|Rough Sex Bomb

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
                    shouldnt be to hard to join/create another squad in flight thought
                    Yes, but then you need to wait for the warm-up time again before regaining controls, I'd imagine.
                    |TG-6th|Belhade
                    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

This won't be an issue in v0.8 anymore.
                      sigpic

Comment

He got what he deserved, but the other people in the chopper didn't. If you join an infantry squad, you shouldn't be taking choppers without asking your SL.

However you could 've just told him to form up with the squad or be kicked. I must admit I had no idea such action would stop the rotors.

Guess he 'll think twice next time :).
                        Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Never thought that far belhade

||||
                          |TG-E49|Rough Sex Bomb

Comment

Usually I do warn, and I think that time I warned the player a few minutes beforehand, but as I was getting a bit tired and could use an extra soldier on the ground I quickly kicked him.

Hmm, perhaps I can time the kick next time when the chopper is in view, and make a video of it called "Consquences of using a chopper in a infantry squad."

;)

Comment

I do belive that you have no consequences yourself. Infact, this mearly used Newtons Law. Action, Reaction.

Fly in Infantry, Crash miserably.
                              |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse