This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules on Rockets

I looked it up in the rules but I could not find any regarding rockets being used against infantry out in the open.
    Is it still LAT vs. Vehicles and Bunkers/Fortified Infantry and HAT vs Vehicles only?
    Have all rules regarding proper use of rockets been changed?

An do static AT-missiles qualify as HAT?

Re: Rules on Rockets

Anything can now be used against anything else. There was a rule change.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply, I started playing PR again yesterday and the last time I played there where strict rules on HAT sniping, playing on the server and seeing rockets being used as a primary anti infantry weapon kind of got me confused.

Comment

Its frowned upon. If you can help it, dont HAT snipe.

Last time I checked, (Before summer) HAT Sniping was legal, but HAT Spamming was controlled.

IRL, SRAWs are used as building to building weapons. So infantry in my mind is A.Okay. (But bullets are better)
        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Light ATs are usually a waste shot on bunkers/firebases unless you have a good ammo supply, Cause one shot aint gonna cut it. HATing INF is okey aslong as its not spammed, for an example on kashan - US forces camping on the hilltop HATing the mec forces on the ground.. I can find that a bit annoying/spammy but its not against the rules so.

||||
          |TG-E49|Rough Sex Bomb

Comment

Yes, you can use H-AT and static TOW rockets against anything. But, spamming a H-AT is not allowed. Spamming being defined as. Standing near, or on ammo and constantly firing H-AT at infantry targets. You can sit in the mountains and fire H-AT constantly, as long as your hitting realistic targets, such as Armour and vehicles. But, as soon as the target becomes infantry, its spam.

Skud made a gentlemens agreement a little while back. If you support using the H-AT in a realistic fashion, its a good thread to sign.
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-sniping.html
            |TG|
            ||||

Comment

Originally posted by =Sonic_Striker= View Post
              Yes, you can use H-AT and static TOW rockets against anything. But, spamming a H-AT is not allowed. Spamming being defined as. Standing near, or on ammo and constantly firing H-AT at infantry targets. You can sit in the mountains and fire H-AT constantly, as long as your hitting realistic targets, such as Armour and vehicles. But, as soon as the target becomes infantry, its spam.
              Are you sure that is illegal? Can an admin confirm this? If the rule was effectively changed to a "free for all," I do not see why this should be illegal because it is not an exploit.

Comment

To my understanding spamming H-AT goes against rule number 1.

"1. Strive for realism

Tactical Gamer promotes playing the game in as realistic manner as possible, with players utilizing military tactics to the best of their ability. The game should be played with the emphasis on teamwork and tactics, and players should avoid at all costs utilizing a feature of the game as an exploit to gain an advantage over their opponents. Use weapons and vehicles in as realistic manner as possible."

I may be wrong.

Using a costly weapon such as that and constantly firing it on infantry is not realistic, nor does it promote teamplay.
                |TG|
                ||||

Comment

It has been done, British Troops are using Javelins on the Taliban ( OVERKILL!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by Catraphact View Post
                    Are you sure that is illegal? Can an admin confirm this? If the rule was effectively changed to a "free for all," I do not see why this should be illegal because it is not an exploit.
                    As it has been put forth, it's simply bad for gameplay, thus illegal. Think about kashan 16. The fight is over the bunkers, yet the USMC have 2 HAT and 5 LAT sitting up on the ridgeline spamming 7 shots down every 20 seconds. Imagine you are on MEC trying to make any kind of entrance to the bunkers, but cant because of constant spam.

That's why it's illegal.

Comment

How would you even get a strong enough heat signature for inf? Unless you put it on manual target..
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by =Sonic_Striker= View Post
                        To my understanding spamming H-AT goes against rule number 1.

"1. Strive for realism

Tactical Gamer promotes playing the game in as realistic manner as possible, with players utilizing military tactics to the best of their ability. The game should be played with the emphasis on teamwork and tactics, and players should avoid at all costs utilizing a feature of the game as an exploit to gain an advantage over their opponents. Use weapons and vehicles in as realistic manner as possible."

I may be wrong.

Using a costly weapon such as that and constantly firing it on infantry is not realistic, nor does it promote teamplay.
                        Sonic: Seconded. Motion passed.

Eavy: Thats 180,000$ Per shot by my count... (According to COD4s "HAHA YOU DIED" messages)
                        Overkill? More on the budget then the Taliban.. they just get a quick way out.

Someone please tell me how to quote multiple people in one message? (Preferably quick reply)

§Sirsolo

Edit: gijoe: Most H-ATs are wire guided (Speaking in game), and LATs are pretty much rocket launchers... (TOWs are wire guided also) If you mean the Jav... Uhm... Bow chicka wow wow? Too many hiding in the same cave?
                        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

I'd just like to clarify an urban myth that apears to crop up now and again in these thread about the use of anti tank weapons against infantry in real life. In real life most armies do not endorse the use of an extremely expensive weapon on single infantry in the open because you as an individual soldier failed basic rifleman training and cannot hit anything with your rifle.

Obviously how you were allowed to deploy in this untrained state and why a senior officer deemed it appropriate to to put this highly expensive piece of equipment in your incompetent hands remains a mystery. Do you see where I'm going with this.

Don't get me wrong, yes infantry units will use all weapons at their disposal in certain situations. Yes, they will use LAT and HAT equivalents against enemies in structures and other such buildings. No, they do not sit on a hill next to an ammo crate carefully aiming a $60 k one shot kill weapon on some taliban a short distance away because they can't be bothered or are not able to hit him with a rifle, the infantry man's primary weapon.

Not to mention the fact that I can only imagine in almost every army in the world you would need specific permission to equip, arm and fire this weapon (not so much LAT). Professional soldiers don't just run around discharging their weapons as they see fit. Units, platoons, individual soldiers have a combat load out of ammunition and it is not always clear when that will be resupplied. They and their officers are responsible for the effective management of that ammunition.

One last thing, can we just be very clear about this regardless of the rules, the reality is if YOU USE HAT VS INFANTRY IN PR YOU ARE A VERY POOR PLAYER. I see plenty of players I know well doing it and it irritates me a lot.
                          It detracts from the game, and to me personally, demonstrates that you lack the basic ability to fire your primary weapon correctly. As an infantry man you are an UTTER FAILURE. If I catch someone doing it in my squad I kick em and if it was blatant and spammy, they don't come back. This is not directed at you Steevo as you are very sensibly looking for clarification. If the tone of this post is a little terse it's because I still have a headache from the HAT spamming on Kashan recently lol.

Comment

Well said, Wickens. I like that the reasoning; if you have to use a HAT to kill infantry than you have failed your basic rifle training and shouldn't be using that HAT in the first point. Gonna use that in my squad.

Sometimes players might be concerned with keeping the HAT activitated and once they see infantry it is too tempting for them to use the HAT. That is why I prefer the LAT in my squad, or as SM. The rifle is then the primary weapon and you only need to take out the LAT a few seconds before shooting a vehicle.

Comment

HAT on infantry using cover is reasonable and that's how its used afaik. I hope they increase the firing time

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X