jets with m&k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jets with m&k

hey guys, since I've lost the net at home I've spent hours on the training mod, and can finally land. But I want to know is there an easier way than tapping W to control the throttle like to keep it at 40percent (LOL apple missed the percentage sign on their iPods ****ers, I hope that was cencered
    |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Re: jets with m&k

when I land my throttle is usually at 0 percent. I just know a distance then lay off the throttle and drift in. So, I dont have to touch W
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

Originally posted by CryOfTheWulfen View Post
      hey guys, since I've lost the net at home I've spent hours on the training mod, and can finally land. But I want to know is there an easier way than tapping W to control the throttle like to keep it at 40percent (LOL apple missed the percentage sign on their iPods ****ers, I hope that was cencered
      I would watch your speed more than your throttle when landing. I usually tap "W" & "S" until I get my speed down to 600k/h ignoring my throttle until I hit the ground. If i come in too slowly, I can just pull back on my stick and my throttle is still at 100% to climb out of trouble. If i come in too fast, oh well, I can always circle around and try again.
      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Joystick with throttle. Mucho simple.

Comment

Landing, Bah, just crash, no one really cares about CAS

Comment

Lol Eavy good one!

I actually just learnt how to land as well. I was on Quinling training and i land at 800 and come to a rolling stop at the end of the runway. For me 600 if is to slow. If you miscalculate where the landing strip is, 600 isnt fast enough to pull up or adjust the direction. Where as at 800 it is enough speed to make a turn or pull up etc while still making the runway.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

It depends on the Jet, an A-10 can make a landing at 500 and still have some control, while a F-16 I find needs to be at the 650 mark. A good trick with landing is to pull up when you reach 350 Km/h, and hold it up till your at a complete stop.

Comment

guys I know how to stop thats not the problem, I now know the distance to glide from but the training vid says 40 percent let's you be slow enough but not drop out of the sky, thanks anyway though
                btw gunner when I'm next on the server and crash can U tell everyone how unimportant CAS is itd really help me out
                |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Comment

The funny thing about training vids is that they are based on opinion and peoples own experiences. Where as taking advice from several people and what works for them you can create a chart in your head of roughly the approximate landing speed for most jets.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

I can touch down at 600 with any aircraft (except for the J-10, which should burn in the bowels of the Dark Region). It just takes practice. I don't ever let my throttle down to 0%, I don't think. If I am losing control and I might crash into the sandbag barrior o' Doom, then I press W until I can get back above.

I usually get a speed of 700 about 200meters from the runway, and I just glide from there, touching down at 600.

You can still land a F-16 or Eurofighter at 600. I'm not sure what speed it drops out of the sky, but I figure you want it to drop that 10 meters if you are landing.
                    Waldo II

Comment

Question: Did you manage to land a Plane, or a J-10? If it was the former, you havnt spent enough time on the training mod.

I have a 75% Landing rate with the J10 now! (Or rather, I did, before Europe..which I am currently in the middle of)

§Sirsolo

P.S. To practice landing the J10, start by running a Tank along the runway. You should get the feel for it.
                      |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Different jets land differently, but for the most part, the Eurofighter is the easiest. It stops quickly, a little more than the F-16, and the A-10 requires a little slower approach as it doesn't stop as quickly.

The J-10?

HAH.

Good luck just getting that thing off the freakin ground.

On a more serious note, the J-10 seems to bounce alot when it lands, I think you actually have to land it realisticly and have the back landing gear touch down first (other jets are more lenient on this and allow you to touch down with the front gear, provided you're not going too fast for it to take damage on impact). I think the best way to land it is to use what Sonic does (which I also do for the A-10), and experiment with speeds and point on the map where you can release your throttle completely while gliding at a certain speed to land it.

| |

Comment

If only runways were like carrier decks. We could go in full throttle :D

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Re: jets with m&amp;k

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                            If only runways were like carrier decks. We could go in full throttle :D
                            ... Or we could make the carrier jets stop on a dime...

| |

Comment

Re: jets with m&amp;k

On a round of quinling, i was flying the J-10 and hit the runway at 750 ish and i landed on the runway that had a blown up section and i landed about 20 meters from the blown up part. So i bounced off the ground and over the broken section and once again landed on the runway, stopping just before it ended. I was like "Holy tolito!"
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X