Punkbuster kicks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkbuster kicks

I am having problems getting kicked by punkbuster for various things. MAP MOD AND HANDSHAKING. Whatever that is. I am very computer illeterate so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chappy

Re: Punkbuster kicks

The handshaking problem is a common one. To fix this, delete your PB folder in your Battlefield 2 folder (C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\pb\, I believe), then run pbsetup.exe.

Map mod, I don't know. If it persists, try re-downloading the levels and reinstalling them.
    Waldo II

Comment

I've been told by Sonic to just go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\pb and open up the PnkBstrB execution file and then open up PR. It worked everytime when I had that problem.

NOTE: When opening the PnkBstrB file, it will have the command window pop up and then it will close down immediately. That is normal so don't freak out.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

I heard that one and tried it but got kicked a couple times anyway. Worth a try still I guess, its fairly random for me

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I've found that I can play an indefinite amount of time just fine, but once I exit PR then my pnkbstrB service will close.
          Then I have to:
          1. delete my PB folder
          2. Uninstall with pbsvc,
          3. reboot
          4. install with pbsvc
          5. run pbsetup
          6. reboot again, and then I can play.

Without all that I cannot successfully restart pnkbstrB.
          I haven't yet got a simpler course of actions to work 100% of the time but the above doesn't take me more than 10 minutes so its not to bad. Try the above, maybe you've got the same problem I do.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanator8811 View Post
            I've found that I can play an indefinite amount of time just fine, but once I exit PR then my pnkbstrB service will close.
            Then I have to:
            1. delete my PB folder
            2. Uninstall with pbsvc,
            3. reboot
            4. install with pbsvc
            5. run pbsetup
            6. reboot again, and then I can play.

Without all that I cannot successfully restart pnkbstrB.
            I haven't yet got a simpler course of actions to work 100% of the time but the above doesn't take me more than 10 minutes so its not to bad. Try the above, maybe you've got the same problem I do.
            That is just ridiculous to have to do that to play. I get the handshake error 95% of the time I try to join. I am at the point that it just about isn't worth it. I have done all the tricks, delete, reinstall, stand on my head, lift my right leg 10 inches off the floor etc etc and the same results occur.

Now before the latest Mod, it worked without fail. I have never seen the PB error before. After the Mod it is constant. Regardless of what I do, the problem is still there as it seems to be for many.

So for the guys that developed it..what changed? Has there been any isolation tactics taken? IE. are the people experiencing this behind routers and those that aren't are on modems? Is there software besides the program blocking the PunkbusterB from communicating?

I know the development team to include many TG'ers worked incredibly hard on this Mod and it is the best out there. But the frustration level is currently above the enjoyment level due to not being able to access the game. But I continue to try as if I have to go back to Vanilla, Ill use the BF2 disk as a drink coaster first.

Comment

Seems theres a new client version of PB out you will need before playing on the server

http://evenbalance.com

News and Release Notes for PunkBuster for
              Battlefield 2

Tuesday 08.19.2008 [11:00AM]

Version 2.091 of the PB Client for BF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.

Monday 08.18.2008 [6:00PM]

Version 1.683 of the PB Server for BF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page.

Release Notes for PB Server v1.683:

* the setting pb_sv_restrictions will now accept a value of 2 for cases where a server admin wants PunkBuster to be more restrictive with regard to certain macro or hot key type programs; pb_sv_restrictions will continue to default to the value of 1; admins who want to enforce the additional restrictions must configure "pb_sv_restrictions 2" either at the command line or in the pbsvuser.cfg configuration file in the server's pb folder

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

before I join the server I just join a different one then esc when its loading then join the TG
                -Craz3y-

(\__/)
                (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                  Seems theres a new client version of PB out you will need before playing on the server

http://evenbalance.com
                  I updated BF2 manually with pbsetup just now after I read that. It had a new update. I checked twice to make sure I got everything. I'll provide Intel. in this thread later today.

P.S.: My new game version is (v2.091 |A1392) for the client. The server one is (v1.683 | A1392 | C2.091).
                  Last edited by Fighter; 08-20-2008, 07:12 AM. Reason: Added in version numbers.

Comment

Just a note, the pbsvc.exe uninstall/re-install option, followed by a reboot worked for me. My issue was also missing the pnkbstrB service. I updated the PB files manually for this, but I don't know if that was actually neccessary.

This method only required one reboot.

Comment

Been having the same problem for a while, running pbsetup.exe and then updating BF2(even though no updates are required) just before playing PR usually works out for me.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

'Not How Many But Where'

Comment

Originally posted by Camlost View Post
                        Been having the same problem for a while, running pbsetup.exe and then updating BF2(even though no updates are required) just before playing PR usually works out for me.
                        PBsetup alone didn't do it for me... the pbsvc.exe is a different update. I think one is for the support files and the other is for the kernel (pnkbstrK). In the past pbsetup has fixed the problems, but this time was different.

Comment

I just learned to restart the computer before playing. Nothing else seems to work.

Comment

Im most likely to get kicked if Ive just rebooted :icon_lol:

Comment

I have all the sudden just experienced random disconnetct. Non PB issue. Very weird. Every time it happens on the Battle server, when I rejoin all the vehicles are stuck on the team I was just on.
                              other times the "Problem with conncetion" will pop up mid game.....I can't move or talk, but can hear all my teamates fine. just started happening last week.
                              "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me".

-Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X