Random Crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Crash

Sometimes when I'm playing in the middle of a game usually after 5mins - 15mins the game will randomly crash. It will go back to the desktop and there will be no error message and I can open BF2 again but its really annoying having to join the game and get everything set up again. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Re: Random Crash

Open your side case and put a strong window fan on high.
    See if you play longer.
    Quick overheating fix.

Comment

Just a random BF2 meltdown as far as I know. I get it, my roomate gets it, everyone gets it. One of the many overlooked BF2 problems :p

Comment

Welcome to my world of overheating issues. I have to either get about $200 to come back to BF2 PR or wait till winter.
        |TG-Irr|WarV

Comment

Ahh... overheating. My computer looked like there was a lightning storm on the screen! I was scared... bad memories...

§Sirsolo

Oh right.. uhm, Yeah.. A Fan will do the trick.
          |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Rafterman is closest, it's a random BF2 bug thing. Alot of people have had it recently including myself.

The only way I was able to stop it from being - regular - was:

A full BF2 and PR uninstall/re-install (and updates).

And unisntalling/re-installing punkbuster - (including updates).

And include defragging disk, update graphics and sound drivers, after uninstall (this will fix a few problems like stuttering/disconnects and so on, and should be done in any case). Remembering to turn off the computer and on again, at each interval for all to work properly (or it wont, very likely).

For more information on common PR problems, like crashing or kicks go to the Project Reality forums, and follow common instructions:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...dware-support/

Finally, it is not overheating. Many people have stated (including myself) that all this has been checked (including checking for dust inside etc). There is a thread on it in the PR forum at this moment, though I believe this is not the first but I fear the only way to try to stop it happening regularly is to do as I found in the tips people gave: unsinstall everything, update your grahics and sound drivers, and reinstall everything (remember to reboot your computer at each interval). Basically a clean sweep. Also, I highly recomend to check the stickies on the top page (and not just the threads) for useful information on relevant crashes/problems and fixes, and follow these instructions - which at the end of the day boils down to as I said here for your specific problem (i.e. other problems like handshaking failure, can be fixed by more simpler solutions).

Comment

Overheating issues generally cause your whole system to lock up. Not just drop you quietly to desktop. Plus you'll usually have a massive frame rate drop before anything happens. If you're brave enough, just follow Taip3n's steps and that should fix it.

It's such a weird crash though, no messages or anything. It's like the game decided to run "quit" in console for you :p

Comment

I had this happen to me about 10 mins before the start of the last scrim, scary stuff! I went to the PB website and ran the updater. Have had no problems since.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X