Shortcut trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortcut trouble

My friend downloaded PR today and is now getting this problem.

He tried to open up PR and it the game said you had to change your shortcut. So when he tried to change bf2.exe to pr it said that PR.exe is not valid. Anyone know what to do. He is running vista and clicking Run as Administrator

When he tries to change the shortcut from bf2.exe to pr.exe is says something along the lines of the name pr.exe is not valid. Any ideas. We have tried downloading it from diffrent sites everything and nothing has worked.

BTW he downloaded the complete collection from the ea store if this helps at all.

Re: Shortcut trouble

try to Reinstall, and check that box that says "Add Desktop Shortcut" Changing BF2.exe to PR.exe only changes the name and not the program your will open.
    -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

No I mean I changed it in the target not just the name.

Comment

Very simple solution: locate your pr.exe file. Right click it, create a shortcut and then drag the shortcut onto the desktop. Open the old pr shortcut (the one with bf2.exe in it) and copy all the stuff from the target line into the new shortcut.
        when you're done, your target line should look something like this:
        "C:\Program Files\BF2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

Comment

Also, make sure you have the mappack... (may be obvious... dont hurt me)

If nothing works, you can always blame Vista!...I do.. but then I upgraded back to XP.Yes, I ment to say Upgraded.

§Sirsolo
          |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse