Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 4 Days without PR does.....

http://www.freewebs.com/eavygunner/Infantry.doc

A Document I made because I was getting so bored. Read it and tell me what you guys think (Made in Word 2003).

Re: What 4 Days without PR does.....

Yeah i know the feeling
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Hmm why were you without PR? Just wondering.

Comment

lmao, you know your obsessed with PR when...

Just Kidding.

Welcome back, its always good to have a nice vacation. Or you will go mad :)
        |TG|
        ||||

Comment

Gah, try eight days with almost no technology... I've had to turn to an acient art known as reading for entertainment.

But yeah, I can see where you are coming from

Comment

Here at TG, we love to write over exasperated guides on how to play a game we are already obsessed with.
            Good job gunner!

Comment

I havnt played in almost a month :(

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                Me neither, for even longer time...

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
                  Gah, try eight days with almost no technology... I've had to turn to an acient art known as reading for entertainment.

But yeah, I can see where you are coming from
                  I tried reading a book but the $5^& pages wouldn't scroll and there was no back links. Also I couldn't surf on the opposite page.
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                    Difference is that you're a dev, so you're working on the game rather than getting quality playtime. So at least you still have some interaction with it. Plus, we tried to get you to come play in the scrim when we were a man short, but nooooooo! :D

Comment

In almost all of my games lately I have been squadleader. So my views are biased from being in that position.

Usually the best thing you can do is listen to your squad leader and stick with him, as you need him as much as he needs you.
                      There is a difference between being a squad leader or member; the former decides what action the squad is going to perform and the success of that action depends on the latter. In your document that difference is not entirely clear.

I see it as a privilige that 5 guys join my squad and put faith in me that I will not be wasting their time the coming hour(s). I need them to achieve the team's objectives and I will help them putting them in the right spots to get the most out of the game. Sometimes the two conflict and I try explaining that.

As a soldier I want to do my duty: laying mines and C4 as engineer, suppressing the enemy as support gunner and reviving squad members as medic. I expect my squad leader to allow me to perform that duty. If I am worrying about wether our current objective is the most wise one or even worse I do not even know what the objective is then the squad leader is not doing his job well. In your document you make it sound as if the soldier should think about these things. In my opinion he should only worry about performing his duty to his utmost ability.

If the battle becomes a “Ticket war”, attacking wastes vital tickets and so instead everyone defends a certain point and stands there ground, so that they are forced to attack and there tickets are wasted.
                      Good point. You should notice the moment when the enemy just keeps on attacking. At that time stop attacking and set up a good defence. You will get a ticket lead soon enough which should make the enemy more carefull, allowing you to take men away from defence and start the attack again. The key thing is to get to that moment. Taking government at Qwai as PLA will get you there, but before that you will most likely only achieve a stalemate that can last for hours.

If you get separated from your squad , make a decision, if it will be impossible to catch up with them, try and get yourself shot or commit suicide. If it would be possible to catch up, try and organize a place to meet up, such as your current objective.
                      It is up to the squad leader to solve that situation. Usually the objective stays the same so the soldier just needs to stay put and provide intel while the rest of the squad gets back to the frontline. In other cases I either tell them to pick up a nearby vehicle, pick them up myself or arrange a ride for them. As long as a player keeps his character alive I see him as a person under my responsibility and not just as a walking ticket.

(I am being spelling Nazi now, or to use a Dutch saying, I am screwing ants, but since I notice the same mistake over ten times and you made a actual document, it is "their rally point" or "they're trying", not "there ...". On the other hand you are 100% consistent ;) )

Comment

No prob at pointing out mistakes, I'll correct them tonight

Comment

Heyyy.... Sirsolo here... greetings from CENTRAL EUROPE.
                          Ive been gone since June 18th. That is a total of: 12...31..7..BOLD-I-Dont-Have-Square-Brackets-On-This-Keyboard 50 days. UNBOLD.
                          Watching a 5 min Youtube video takes me 10min.

I spent the better part of last week out in >30 degree sun, pesticiding grapes.
                          =)
                          I grew up here.. but dont live here anymore.

With that asside, even IIII didnt go to the lengths of WRITING six pages of stuff.. geez..

TBH, I kind of feel unappreciated...(all the time.. but thats just me)

§Sirsolo
                          |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

i was in CA for a month and didnt play!
                            i experienced a lack of aiming skills, but i've recovered :)

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Oh God I just realized that Im going to have to practice for a LONG time before I get back to my former glory... =P

§Sirsolo
                              |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse