Why I should just stick with PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I should just stick with PR

So I decided to take a little break from PR & play some mulitplayer C.O.D 4 today, I realize now why I quit playing C.O.D 4. You don't need any talent it's purely a run & gun, pray & spray game. The maps are way too small, all you do is run around is circles, no teamwork of any kind. Graphics & single player mode are great but thats about it, same goes for crysis!!

Re: Why I should just stick with PR

try arma, if you are interested in trying something new.....and more tactically based....hop on the TS server or just join the TG server supports VON....
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Ahh.. Good old COD4.. if you arnt running, shooting, or reloading, then youre lobbing nades into random places.
      Luckily, I had an overheating problem I could blame for my leaving of my COD4 Clan..

§Sirsolo
      |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by machineofdeath View Post
        So I decided to take a little break from PR & play some mulitplayer C.O.D 4 today, I realize now why I quit playing C.O.D 4. You don't need any talent it's purely a run & gun, pray & spray game. The maps are way too small, all you do is run around is circles, no teamwork of any kind. Graphics & single player mode are great but thats about it, same goes for crysis!!

Wow, you said it perfectly. All my friends play COD4, saying how its the best fps in years. I tried to get them into PR and TG. But, all they want to do is shoot things. They hate tactics and the fact that yes, sometimes you have to stay behind and defend. Or take the extra 5 minutes to flank a flag when attacking. I don't know if COD4 on the TacticalGamer server is better, I've been told it is. But, overall its a pray and spray game. My freinds say Overgrown is too big! Imagine if they saw Quinling! I tried to explain this to them. But, they are just not intrested in a more realistic game.

Arma is built to be realistic, so as Randy said, try it out if you like that realistic gameplay.
        |TG|
        ||||

Comment

I've been thinking about getting ArmA...heard its good!

Comment

ArmA, is that america's arm

(just googled it, it's armed assault.)

Comment

Armed Assault
              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Armed Assault.

Comment

From the perspective of a PR player: ARMA is a great game to own, but takes alot of getting use too just because their is so much more, and the actual game is designed around it. Where as PR is a mod

Comment

Yea, I stopped playing COD4 because it just got too repetitive and because PR got me addicted lol. I actually have no idea why people like the cod4 TG server. It's like enforcing PR rules on a map the size of North Village on Kashan.

Comment

COD4 could have been a great game if it were made like BF2, with large maps and vehicles. Its got good graphics but thats about it. Maybe BF3 with combine the two?

Comment

Originally posted by machineofdeath View Post
                        I realize now why I quit playing C.O.D 4. You don't need any talent it's purely a run & gun, pray & spray game.
                        If anything you need more TALENT to play Cod4, in PR it punishes you with having to stop and aim pretty much, in other words you don't have to be good at twitch shooting. Cod4 is ALL about talent, PR is about strategy and tactics, something COD4 (public at least, tourneys are always tacical) doesn't have.

Comment

tbh I suck at shooters like that. In vanilla I am crap. But, thats why I enjoy PR it gets rid of the young, bunny hopping twitch shooters.
                          |TG|
                          ||||

Comment

CoD 4 is fun from time to time although I prefer tf2 over it for my shoot everything that moves monthly fix.

I would pick up ArmA if my computer wasn't deteriorating at an alarming speed and that I see ArmA 2 is in development.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I played and enjoyed CoD4 SP, but I didn't bother playing the MP because I knew it would be like that.

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                              CoD 4 is fun from time to time although I prefer tf2 over it for my shoot everything that moves monthly fix.
                              If you wanna get away from the seriousness of PR, TF2 is the perfect game. It requires teamplay and tactics to win, but is more fast paced and can be a lot of fun... + it 's cheap :D.
                              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X