Second Server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Server?

I want to engage in some serious talk about making a second TG server that is dedicated to Insurgency maps. With the release coming up, there are suppose to be several Insurgency mode maps which will bring the total to 4-5. The Tactical Gamer Project Reality staff understands that there is a demand for quality gameplay and teamwork in this unique mode but feel that mixing the maps between AAS and insurgency won't.

What is everyone thoughts about it?
    Will you seed it?
    Do you think that the TG player base will suffer from it?
    Will you abandon the Regular PR server for the Insurgency one?

I want some honest answers because I am going to gauge everyones reactions about it.
    Yes
    67.26%
    No
    32.74%
    Last edited by Dirtboy; 08-10-2008, 11:56 PM.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Second Server?

I'd like to see it be postponed until 0.8 comes out and any bugs (if any) are fixed. The bad thing about Insurgency in 0.75 is that it constantly crashes at the end of every game. 0.8's AAS mode is also going to have a lot to offer and it's going to take a while to get everything absorbed in.

You're resident FireFighter/EMT TonkaTruck <3

Comment

You already know my thoughts on it Dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMAC View Post
        You already know my thoughts on it Dirt.
        Please refresh my memory.
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

If I have a little time, I play on insurgency maps.
          If I have 2-4 hrs, I play the AAS maps.
          The second server will probably be needed.

Comment

I like the idea, I would play on it. Knowing the potential of Korengal, and the other insurgency maps, the server would offer something different to the already popular TG server. Perhaps providing even better teamplay than Battlearea rarely provides.

Comment

Put simply, we're either going to have a huge rotation with the pre-0.8 maps and the 0.8 maps combined where you wont get to play maps with any kind of frequency or we just dont play 50% of the maps. An insurgency server would allow us to have one focus on AAS and one on INS, making it much easier to get your fill of all the maps. I'm all for the idea, especially considering insurgency will be a viable gamestyle in 0.8.

Comment

Personally, I prefer AAS to insugancy, but I'd rather got to another |TG| server instead of battle arena when I kicked for a supporting member.

Comment

I vote yes.

In my opinion Insurgency mode requires more teamwork and coordination. Also with the new maps its gonna be hard to fit em all into one server. If the server bugs are worked out then im all for it.

, , or

Comment

I vote yes mainly because there is a different gameplay involved in the insurgency game modes. I wouldn't abandon the regular PR server, I will just go between them whenever i feel I'm up for one or the other. But i'm all for a |TG| insurgency server.

Comment

Considering how the current server is always full, is it an option to simply have two seperate servers running through the full maplist?

Comment

it would be a good break from AAS so yea..

also what about the other game modes.
                        like Counterattack and (hopefully) scenario

Fightin the endless war.

Comment

What is everyone thoughts about it?
                          Currently, I know the only reason that some players only play on certain 24/7 Basrah servers such as TheBattleArena is because our server does not play INS game modes. I know I hop on that server once in a while. The potential of Korengal Valley, as well as other new INS maps is anticipated to be big. All this, combined with a stable Insurgency Game Mode, would definately spark interest in many players who love both the TG style, and the INS mode. (And let's be honest here, who doesn't?).

Will you seed it?
                          You're a tester Dirt, you know the server will practically seed itself once it's up and running Korengal :)

But more seriously, I know it takes hard work to get a new server going. I've gone through that experience with other clans and I know alot of times it just takes some extra effort.

Do you think that the TG player base will suffer from it?
                          This is a tough one to answer - I'm not entirely sure. What I think will happen with most players (as with me) is that they'll switch from one server to the other when they're in the mood for AAS/INS (Or maybe one is just playing one of their favorite maps).

Will you abandon the Regular PR server for the Insurgency one?
                          See above answer.

Well in conclusion, I would definately be up to having a 2nd TG server, dedicated to playing the Insurgency Game Mode for .8

| |

Comment

I agree on the wait for 0.8, playing only 2 insurgency maps would get boring after a while and the server crashes are going to be a hassle.

Will I abandon the main server? no.
                            Last edited by Windsurfingfreak; 08-11-2008, 01:49 AM. Reason: Addition
                            Doing Nike+ Challenge? I am!
                            41/240km so far

Comment

I think it's a great idea. I prefer AAS but Korengal is swaying me totally. The option to choose between game types depending on the server would be an excellent addition. Plus having them run side by side would allow more of the maps to be in rotation at once, adding to variety and keeping the new version fresher for longer. I just hope the original server doesn't end up being Kashan 24/7 lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X