Noob question about PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question about PR

Whenever I use the shortcut a warning message pops up saying that I must run through PR.exe instead of BF2.exe in order to get shaders and other things to work properly, I can play the game through the shorcut it just crashes every now and then. When I run the game through PR.exe in my mods folder for EA Games under EA Games/Battlefield 2/mods/PR in my C drive, it says "BF2.exe does not exist. Please check your working directory!; The system cannot find the file specified." I just downloaded PR 0.756 Core and Levels off of Fileplanet.com, do I need to uninstall/reinstall, am I forced to deal w/ the random crashing, or is there an easy fix that I dont know about?
    Last edited by Havok; 08-13-2008, 05:50 PM.

Re: Noob question about PR

Right click on the shortcut and edit the target line so it should look something like this:
    "C:\Program Files\BF2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1
    Obviously your directories will be different, but you get the gist. Once that is done, you should be able to run PR through the shortcut.

Comment

Hey my cousin was having the exact same problem. Did you download the complete collection from the EA Store? Because if you did this is what my cousin did and he couldn't get his to work. If you didn't I can give you links to some threads where they go over this. First just try the suggestion above me.

Comment

Ferris, my target line in my PR Shortcut is "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 but yet Im still getting that warning message about PR.exe and BF2.exe and the custom shaders. And yea Kratisto I downloaded and bought BF2 Complete Collection off of the EA Store and downloaded it from EA Download Manager.

Comment

Thats why havok. EA borked the system with mods and the downloaded version of BF2. IIRC, there are some fixes on the realitymod.com forums, but they're longwinded and complicated. You're better off just running to your local computer store and dropping 10 bucks on a disc copy.

Comment

Your guess is as good as mine then this is all I can give you.
            [Sorry since I'm new to the site I can post links search for this "FIX: Warning screen after launching with pr.ex" on the pr offical website]
            This is all I can give you. If you have your heartset on playing pr and this doesn't work hope you kept all your download info and contact ea. See if they can send you the regular copy. Also if you find out how to get it to work let me know so I can tell my cousin :)

Comment

They wont. It's been tried. You just have to bite the bullet and go buy another copy.

Comment

Dang, I really like this mod and prefer it over the mindless nade spamming/bunny hopping that happens on normal BF 2. Thanks for the info, I'll probably just go out and buy a disc copy.

Comment

Yeah, copies of BF2 go for around ten bucks these days.

Full collection = $30, Just BF2 = $8

If you are ready for hardcore realism, look into ArmA: Armed Assault. Copies go for $30. Look at some gameplay videos before buying.
                  Waldo II

Comment

ArmA is crap and will remain crap. I find it to be less realistic than PR in many ways. Besides, PR is still on the up and up, while ArmA has released it's final patch, so it's not going to improve on anything. But I'm not hosting that debate here.

Comment

Found a fix for the warning pr.exe problem, go to the pr official website (realitymod.com) and go to the forums, search for what Kratisto said to search for in his above post (FIX: Warning screen after launching with pr.exe) and the link you should click on should say the same exact thing. Do everything Deadfast says to do in his posts and you should be good to go.

Comment

Did you do it and did it work?

Comment

Yea I did it and got no warning screen, havent crashed yet. Going to test to see if I crash after 30 mins (when I normally would crash), but so far it hasnt.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X