Jabal Al Burj when on US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jabal Al Burj when on US

I've played as the US twice lately on Jabal Al Burj and seen the exact same error made both times. Thus I wanted to bring it up in the forum, in hopes that commanders and squad leaders are more aware.

After the changes made in 0.7 (or maybe 0.75), the EAST BEACH flag is the only flag that the US has to hold to prevent ticket bleed. Since the experienced players on the MEC team know this, they almost always send both APCs and a squad or two to East Beach right at the beginning of the map. Thus, it is imperative that the US sends an overwhelming force there right away. Don't worry about West Beach or Dam until it's obvious that your team can capture and defend East Beach. Once the East Beach flag is taken, I'm pretty sure a command truck spawns there, so build a bunker on the flag, mine the entrances, etc. Then I would also suggest building a firebase in the hills east of the flag and position troops up there to keep the hills from falling into MEC hands.

Once you have East Beach, there is no rush and you can attack the other flags at your leisure. They may or may not change this in 0.8, but for the time being it's important for everyone to know this tactic (or weakness) in how the map is set up.
    Last edited by AFsoccer; 08-15-2008, 02:05 AM.

Re: Jabal Al Burj when on US

Excellent advice, I'll make sure that I keep this in mind whenever I play this map!

Comment

yea its annoying when you are on the MEC team and the commander sends squads to west beach even though i dosent matter

Comment

I always try to tell the team West beach is NOT important, at all! That is for the MEC.

Yet, most of the time the MEC like to head towards west.
        |TG|
        ||||

Comment

Its junk when usmc camp east beach and thats the extent of the game. Jabal is a good map when it gets as far as the bridge flag

I think it should change to more flags connected to bleed and balance it out another way, give em a tank :D

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
            Its junk when usmc camp east beach and thats the extent of the game. Jabal is a good map when it gets as far as the bridge flag

I think it should change to more flags connected to bleed and balance it out another way, give em a tank :D
            I agree. Unfortunately, the way the bleed is set up the USMC can't afford to lose it, so they have no choice but to defend it from an almost constant MEC attack. We almost need to come up with a gentleman's agreement that says the MEC won't attack East Beach until it's actually cappable (like a main base). That way the bulk of the battle will occur at Dam and Bridge.

Better yet, can anyone "in the know" tell us if 0.8 will change the way this map bleeds?

Comment

There are changes to jabal (and every other map). You will not be able to play it the same way as v0.756.

Rushing the beaches off the get-go is not a viable tactic for MEC anymore.

We can all agree camping east for 2 hours is boring gameplay, but "ticket" bleed is a crappy vbf2 dynamic that we dont like, its NOT the answer.

Thats all Im going to say.

Comment

I remember that round. Near the end, the whole team was staging an assault on Dam while the only flag we had capped was West Beach. He hardly even had anyone defending West.
                Waldo II

Comment

The only unfortuanate part about the whole PR, bugs and glitches and mishaps are all a reslut of the BF2 engine IMO. Maybe if BF2 didnt have a crappy set up for ticket bleeds maybe these type of things wouldnt happen. If it wasnt for the BF2 engine we could have immaculent models from the awesome DEVs and Community modelers. This is all a big let down from EA rushing their games.

BUT! On the other had we have a great team of DEVs and the community making this game even less retarted then BF2 has destined to be. From Fuzzhead's response it looks like there will be some very important gameplay changes in the future and im really looking forward to it. As for now, rush the beach and kick some butt lol.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

There is another tactic the US can use. Send one squad to cap West Beach, send two squads to Dam in the heueys and the rest of the infantry and APC's to attempt to capture East Beach. Once West Beach is capped (no excuses, MEC cannot reach it before the boats), the squad can take CO trucks and TOW hummers to support the squads at Dam.

That way, even if your forces fail in capturing East Beach, you can force a similar situation to Kashan 64 N/S village flags where both teams next AAS flags are held neutral until the whole US team is deployed on the mainland. MEC are unable to recap West Beach and you can attack East Beach at your leisure, and the gravy is, you are already in position to take Dam as soon as the East Beach Flag changes and have Bridge flag surrounded.
                    sigpic

Comment

Agreed with both Soccer and Boris, as an SL I personallly like to go to West. After capping we climb the hill to the compound west of Dam and secure that. Then if things are going well we are placed to hit Dam. I like to see teams holding a high line west to east and controlling the road and hills north of Dam and Bridge.

If all goes well and you can keep Mec off the hills above the compound West of Dam and the hills above bridge you are one step away from driving them back to Al Burj.

As Mec a critcal choke point is the hill East of bridge overlooking East Beach and the road up to Bridge. From East Beach it is the hill on your left as you turn up to Bridge. If you can get set up there as Mec the US will not get out of East Beach. You can hold them there until the rest of the Mec forces move across the map to push past you and drive the US at East Beach into the sea.

As US once you have capped East beach and begin building I think it is imperative that you get an early push on that area and by default the Bridge flag. As with all maps whilst I do not encourage flag rushing, some due to the geographic nature i.e. a back to the wall flag like East beach, need you to push to the next flag asap to spread the enemy out a bit. Even if you can only muster a light probing attack you are broadening the front and increasing the amount of things your opponent has to think about.

Comment

Yep, on Jabal, control of the West side hilltop compound is way more important than digging in at West Beach, if MEC manage to take that compound they can severely scupper your plans for that whole side of the map. One of the key things new players often don't relise is that strategic locations in PR aren't limited to capable flags, classic example (from one of my rare forays as SL) is Ejod:
                        Squad member: "This is dumb, what we doing up in these hills? theres no flags here!"
                        Squad leader: "Ask the enemy APC that when he get here, now dig in and get that LAT ready"
                        sigpic

Comment

Agreed, although

every round I want...

All APC's to east with Infi in them

Boat to go to west

1st chopper to drop supplys at the power station at damn and drop a heavy armed squad at bridge. Who will destroy any vehicals / APCs that come that way/. This will keep them off the north hill so our APc's can operate

2nd chopper drops the supplys in same place and drops a smaller squad to build a firebase and hold the high dam.

Meanwhille the APC squads have chewed up all the rushers at east beach and began to build and fortify east.

Load back up and attack dam via the water and hill near west beach.

Push them to the city.

Ahh that would be a fun round
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

The problem I've seen with the "rush Dam" strategy is the MEC almost always beats the USMC to Dam... and they have plenty of supply trucks on hand so they don't have to wait/hope for two helicopter supply drops. But the bigger problem (and what I saw in both of my last games) is that if USMC doesn't have East Beach, then your strategy is based on the squad(s) at Dam holding the flag neutral. If they goof up even once and lose the neutrality, then they can't get it back. Those are really high stakes. In addition, once MEC gets set up at East Beach with APCs, HATs, AA and a firebase on the hill it makes it almost impossible for the USMC to get in there.

Fuzzhead: Thanks for the update and sneak peak. I look forward to the changes. Back in 0.7, I remember having lots of great battles at Dam and Bridge (no matter what team I was on), but ever since the 0.756 version of the bleed came out, I can't remember the last time USMC actually took Bridge... let alone east or west Al Burj.

Comment

I dont know but as USMC whenever I have gone to east beach (most of the time) I havent been rushed. As MEC I have never seen anyone (maybe once) rush the East beach on the other hand west beach is getting rushed all the time by the MEC. I dont know if something have changed in the last week or so. But east beach rushes are very rare. I once got in an APC on an empty server and found that it took me 3 minutes to get to east beach (taking this on memory) and when im USMC it takes no more then 1 minute to get my squad to east that leaves me with 1:30 at least to get my guys on the flag and capping it wich should be doable with an ok squad. After I did this I concluded that it could not pay off to rush east.

As a MEC commander I prefer rushing Dam with APCs and a squad and then have a squad in each city and a last squad going straght to bridge one squad from the city will move to help at dam and the other at bridge and then once we have bridge and dam we start pushing at east beach with the two squads from bridge and the APCs thats if im lucky and people make the squads that i think are needed.
                              Did it once. we had lost the previous round and we had them capped back to the east beach in 20 min
                              If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X