quick ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick ?

So if a SL calls for a JDAM. Who get's credits for the kills SL or Commander?

Re: quick ?

No one gets the kills...
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

ok, I was thinking Co from BF2 roots

Comment

Well, technically they do...but PR doesn't show the CO kill count or gives points for them.
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

jdam gets the kills
          sigpic
          I'm Back.

Comment

It's all a conspiracy. Dirtboy gets the kills and stores them in his shed. Note how he posted twice on the subject...

Comment

For real, though, as Dirtboy said, the commander WOULD get the kills, but commander never gets credit for any kills he gets. The devs put this in place so commanders would actually command rather than be in the fight. Who wants to fight if you won't get credit for the kills?

The JDAM works in a way very similar to artillery from vBF2. If you take the time to look around, you will find artillery pieces on every map with available JDAMs. The developers just changed the effect of the arty and the hour-long wait.
              Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                For real, though, as Dirtboy said, the commander WOULD get the kills, but commander never gets credit for any kills he gets. The devs put this in place so commanders would actually command rather than be in the fight. Who wants to fight if you won't get credit for the kills?

The JDAM works in a way very similar to artillery from vBF2. If you take the time to look around, you will find artillery pieces on every map with available JDAMs. The developers just changed the effect of the arty and the hour-long wait.
                Remember that post on our forums.... Leave it alone before it ends up with that

Comment

I also have a question. I've seen those arty pieces around. So, if I destroy it the JDAM will be disabled?

I have never seen a special operations group destroy that.
                  |TG|
                  ||||

Comment

Exploit, don't do it.

Comment

umm. Would that not be a tactic?

I don't think it would be against the rules.

Imagine knowing that the enemy team has no JDAM. It would be very helpfull.
                      |TG|
                      ||||

Comment

Isn't it impossible to get to said Arty pieces? They're placed under/above/off the map. If you're able to get to them, then you're already doing something bad.

For example, the pieces on Kashan are way off in the middle of nowhere.

Don't do it - it's a slap in the face to the devs. They worked hard to implement JDAM's, and to crap on that would just piss coders off.
                        Skud

Comment

Think about it, its a bomb, not an artillery piece, so unless you go to the hangar where the JDAM bombers are kept ( don't know what planes they are ) ,you wont be able to stop it

Comment

IIRC, the JDAM "artillery" on kashan is indestructible and lies inside the dome of death over the airfield on any map except the training mode versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                              Well, technically they do...but PR doesn't show the CO kill count or gives points for them.
                              But I can assure you that the commander gets the TK's from it. I once had our commander Jdamming about a whole squad, and all the TK's were shown in the text on top of the screen :).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X