i also haven't ditched y'all...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i also haven't ditched y'all...

i haven't been around much lately, and i wanted to pop in and say i am still here, and i still love PR with TG! i have been uber-busy with work, and building a kayak...
    (gratuitous kayak pic)

i will be on vacation for 2 weeks in the mountains of colorado...but expect me to be back and asking to join your squad in september!

"tank squad...you want an engie?"

..wiggler..

Re: i also haven't ditched y'all...

See you back in september. Hope you have good weather. This summer in Canada has been horrible for vacation. It rains everyday!
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

Good to hear from you buddy, sorry to hear you are so busy but sweet kayak, impressive work mate. Have a nice vacation and watch yourself if your going human fly up those rock faces! Speak to you when you get back, have fun.

Comment

Nice Kayak man!
        Miss you! lol

Comment

Some good looking work there but I think we need a vid of its first voyage to see if it sinks or not :D

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Ill second that Sabre!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
              Some good looking work there but I think we need a vid of its first voyage to see if it sinks or not :D
              i will at least take pics...or have my wife take them actually, as i will be in the boat :P

Comment

I heard he widdled that out of popsickle sticks too, wow!
                |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                  I heard he widdled that out of popsickle sticks too, wow!
                  naw...I did it out of a BIGGER boat!

[media]http://www.getduffed.com/lenny/sounds/spoon.mp3[/media]

Comment

some people wanted to see an update when i was finished....so here we go!

ladies and gentlemen...weighing in at just under 45lbs (20.45kg) i introduce: "Sunburst"

i will be taking it out this afternoon for a test run...pics later. :) hopefully she wont sink!

Comment

That's some incredible work. And so light!

Haikus are easy.
                      But sometimes they don't make sense.
                      Refrigerator.

Comment

Very nicely built, and I have a few questions!

How do you shape the wood? How do all the pieces line up sooo perfectly? What keeps it from leaking?
                        TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Thanx Guys :D

the wood is 1/4" x3/4" cedar strips that i made with a table saw out of 1x6. because they are so thin, they are very flexible and you can bend them into some prety radical compound curves with out too much trouble. the whole thing is built in two pieces (top and bottom) around forms (see pic) then the halves are coated in fiberglass and epoxy and removed from the forms. then the insides of each side are also 'glassed and epoxied. the next step after that is to join the halves together. first the inside gets 3" wide fibreglass tape soaked in epoxy, then when its dried, you do the outside. the epoxy makes the wood completely sealed, so no water ever even touches wood, just epoxy. i documented the whole building process here, if you want to see it more in depth: http://jimbosworthlessblog.blogspot.com/ it starts at the "june" link. (the earliest posts are at the bottom...)

here you can see some of the early strips on the forms. they are stapled to the forms, and glued to eachother. when its done you pull the staples, and hope there isn't too much glue holdeing them to the forms ;)

here you see it in the process of joining the halves. the tape and straps hold it together while the epoxy dries. you do one side of the inside, then flip it over and do the other when the first is dry.

here are pics from this afternoon...
                          on the car for the first time:

the launch:

the local widlife

NEW* Bow Cam! (with my wife in the blue boat)

Artsy B+W shot ;)

Comment

Great looking beautiful boat, we need some of these on barracuda :p

20 kilos sounds pretty light to me, handy enough to carry over ground to smaller rivers and estuary

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Thanks for the post, it answered all the questions I was wondering. Very neat work!
                              TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X