problem with install?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with install?

hi having been away for a while , i redownloaded all the files and patched bf2 to latest version , i installed pr inc the core and server files , it all looks like it has installed ok but when i click on desktop icon , it starts to load up , then i get a red warning saying that pr must be run with pr.exe not bf2.exe as pr uses custom shaders? the game wont start , if i go into bf2 mods folder , and try and run pr.exe from there , it says , cant find bf2.exe ? i am running vista 64 any ideas?

Re: problem with install?

I think you need to delete that shortcut since its broke and then make a new one. as far as i remember
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Using two hard drives, by any chance? If so, make sure Bf2 is only installed on one of them and that all of the shortcuts point to it.
      | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
      Charge for the guns' he said:
      Into the valley of Death
        Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Aren't there 3 different files to install? Core, levels, and Patch?

I had the same problem, but realized that I had only installed Core.

After I installed everything, I actually just skipped the shortcut. Try starting up vanilla BF2, go to Community, Custom Games, and Activate Project Reality. That works for me.

Comment

Yes, I'm quoting myself.
          Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
          Right click on the shortcut and edit the target line so it should look something like this:
          "C:\Program Files\BF2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1
          Obviously your directories will be different, but you get the gist. Once that is done, you should be able to run PR through the shortcut.

Comment

Try to run it as an admin as well, that might help.

Comment

No im pretty sure that Ferris has it right on the nose.
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Run as administrator...ha! UAC is garbage that just slows you down. :D

Comment

ok thanks guys!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse