Out of curiousity...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of curiousity...

Playing last night on one of the PR servers (the name of which eludes me), why do I get the feeling a fairly large proportion of players hate the TG PR server? All I heard and read during that whole round was "God I hope this server isn't like TG" and the like. I'm not bashing on you guys at all, I'm just wondering what could cause such a fairly large amount of people (I was counting at least 30, 35 people saying this.) to hate a server run by people who I've always assumed to be top-notch.

(If this thread comes off as offensive, it isn't meant to be, I'm just wanting to know the reason for the hate.)

Re: Out of curiousity...

Why, for the most part it's because someone who is fairly popular around the PR community does something stupid in the TG server and gets banned, doesn't appeal it and just complains and complains. This then trickles down to other players who might have never even tried our server. That's what i'm feelin anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
      Why, for the most part it's because someone who is fairly popular around the PR community does something stupid in the TG server and gets banned, doesn't appeal it and just complains and complains. This then trickles down to other players who might have never even tried our server. That's what i'm feelin anyway.
      Yeah. Kind of like Windows Vista. So I hear anyway––I've never used it. But there are plenty of people trying to convince me to hate it.

It's cool to hate the king of the hill.

Haikus are easy.
      But sometimes they don't make sense.
      Refrigerator.

Comment

Well maybe its because we have some strict rules that some people dont like those rules because they do not allow them to do as they want.

Also they might have been there on one of the nights some regulars felt like bitching about assets or something like that.
        If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

A combination of people wearing |TG| tags pushing pubbies around, and a lot of smacktards getting banned and spreading the word that TG is bad.

TG is by far the best PR server and the most popular at that.
          |TG|
          ||||

Comment

Originally posted by =Sonic_Striker= View Post
            TG is by far the best PR server and the most popular at that.

In fact, right now it's the 5th most popular BF2 server in the world... including vanilla and all mods: http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf2/_all/ Whatever they're bitching about, I guess it's not THAT bad ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
              Whatever they're bitching about, I guess it's not THAT bad ;)
              Probably bitching about the fact it's always full :row__631:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

:)

Smokey I wouldn't worry about it.
                |TG|
                ||||

Comment

In fact, right now it's the 5th most popular BF2 server in the world... including vanilla and all mods: http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf2/_all/ Whatever they're bitching about, I guess it's not THAT bad ;)
                  wow i didn't know that.

I think a lot of players simply SUCK at this mod, and play the PR mod just to play a "better" version of BF2 that EA could never produce. They are for the most part, still vanilla players at heart, and TG is not a good fit for them.

I've played on every server in this mod, every damn one of them...and I can assure you, there is no other server in this mod that consistently plays out competitive, organized maps day in and day out, or that has "fair" admins monitoring the server every day as closely as the TG server. While it is definitely not a perfect server, it is much better than what other servers have to offer if you are looking for the reality that this mod was founded upon.
                  |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

WOW! thats impressive! taking the fact that our server only allows 62 players maximum! i'd guess if we open up the remaining two slots the server would be on top!

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

warehouse we think alike.

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Why?

* steps onto soapbox *

Because they feel as though the title of the mod (Project Reality) allows them to behave in the following ways on the server because it happens 'in reality':

) Constant cursing including the use of racial slurs

Do soldiers (or anyone else for that matter) curse a lot, especially in the heat of combat? Heck yeah they do! I would too! But you know what? This isn't really combat, this isn't reality, and this is a private server which is more than justified in establishing it's own rules and code of conduct.

) Attacking the main base because the entire battlefield is hostile, regardless of whether the AAS systems says it can be attacked or not

Yeah, in reality the whole battlefield is hostile, but in reality you won't have two opposing armies consisting of only 32 active combatants on each side, either. There simply aren't enough players available to have an adequate force protection, supply line, etc. on the PR battlefield. Additionally, with the long respawn time on most vehicles, destruction of assets in the main effectively cripples that team for the remainder of the round. Now, if we were capable of having even just 50 players per side, it might be different as you could have a squad assigned to defend those assets in the main and still have a large enough force left over to fight the battle for the CPs, but we don't, so we have that rule.

Again, we establish the rules on our server. To be blunt, we don't really care how players feel about the rules, they are made for the betterment of the gaming experience on the server and the admins will uphold those rules. End of story.

Additionally, they despise "artificial" rules, such as:

) Bunny-hopping

I ask: Please show me a video of either a hollywood war or real combat footage showing soldiers under fire jumping about like Peter Rabbit. Can't? Ok, then it's not realistic. Please read the TG primer for our philosophy on gaming at Tactical Gamer and you'll understand why we have this rule. Still don't like it? There are plenty of active vanilla servers out there for you.

) Following CO orders

Again, read the TG primer. It explains everything.

) Our asset allocation rules, which provoke a lot of teamkills because "I waited longer than you did"

Well, in a real military unit, there aren't lines of every Tom, Dick and Harry waiting to fly a chopper or jet, are there? Nope, there are units specifically assigned these tasks and others and they do follow their CO orders. Once again, please refer to the TG primer for a thorough understanding of our philosophy regarding how we like to game here.

So, I think I've covered most of the basics from what I've read. Yes, there is a lot of TG "hate" out there, but I really think it is from some pretty selfish and immature people who just can't stand the fact that they don't get things their way every time, and are also incapable of opening themselves to the possibilities of what teamwork can do for them.

* steps off soapbox *

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Why they hate TG? I'll tell you why they hate TG because it is for the same reason I hate all the other servers.

In TG, they have several admins which monitor the server almost full time, and in TG they have specific rules about all kinds of stuff (from assigning assets to UCB camping) which these admins never hesitate to enforce.

So here's why they hate TG, and I love it: it's organized, and if you do not follow rules, you're out buddy. Period.

I have not played on another server that gets people kicked, or at least warned, very FAST after they screw up like TG. So it's either TG way or the highway. And probably those guys saying TG sucks are some of the dozen players kicked/banned everyday which keeps this server running great.

I play TG since I started playing PR, and I'll stop playing the day I stop playing PR. And if I ever move on to another game, hell, if there's a TG server avaiable I'll be there!

Cheers!

- Kevlar
                          |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Envy is fame. (I'm not sure if that makes sense in English, but you get my point.)

Comment

Its because there realization that they will never be as sexy ( all the things I was going to say have been said. :( )

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X