punk buster kick problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punk buster kick problems

Hi having been in game the last 2 niths , i must say sorry to any team i was in , as my mic is not working half the time and i cant talk ! , also i seem to get kicked by punkbuster , (i have updated bf2 in punkbuster) , so everything is upto date , but it says that punkbuster kicked you , for bla bla . shader problem in bf21 , mods pr directory ? any help please?

Re: punk buster kick problems

to further add to this , it says that its a mismatch between pb and bf2/mod/shader/client.zip(LEN=2048)

this is very annoying , as it ALWAYS seems to kick me before a good part! , i mean tonight i was with a tank squad in one of the desert maps , we were in trouble with enemy armour , then just as i was about to kill it , the bloody game kicked me with this error

Comment

Hey, I know a lot of people who have had problems like yours in the past, I would check out this link on the PR forums. There should be a thread somewhere about the issues you are currently having.
      http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...dware-support/

|
      |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

I've been seeing a lot of this too... started in the last week. Manual update of PB seemed to fix some, but not all of it. I think i have a problem with my install that is causing a lot of the PB kick/bans to CTD instead of delivering the PB message, but I can't confirm that the CTDs are due to PB kicks because I never see why I was disconnected.

Anyway, this has really ramped up recently... today was the worst I've seen yet. Punkbuster was kicking people like crazy for PnkBstrB.exe handshake failures. This happened to me about 5 times in a row.

Check out the linked file in the first paragraph of the following FAQ (I don't have link posting rights because I have too few posts):

www_evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

After updating PB manually and then using the linked file (all followed up by a reboot) it seems to be running a lot smoother. I was able to play the rest of the evening with no PB kicks or CTDs.

I know a lot of you out there are seeing this recently because I've seen you get kicked for it. This seems like the fix.
        Last edited by Alpha_s9; 08-22-2008, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X